CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Would you guys be Ok if they decided to change weapons right before next worlds? Or alter the mechanics in one way or another? Wether it's minor or major doesn't matter, right?

That would affect all gametypes, removing breakout affects just one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would you guys be Ok if they decided to change weapons right before next worlds? Or alter the mechanics in one way or another? Wether it's minor or major doesn't matter, right?

Removing a gametype isn't in the same league as changing a meta.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That would affect all gametypes, removing breakout affects just one.

Ok, 1 gametype then. Let's say 343/esl decided to alter just strongholds. Say they only allowed scoring by holding all 3 zones and instead of 100 to win its 50. (Not saying this is a good idea). But now, the teams that preferred holding 2 instead of trip capping and made game plans on this would be at a disadvantage to the teams that constantly push for the trip cap. The gametype would now be approached and played differently. Team placement and winnings then would be affected as well making some teams lose more games and some win more. Same thing when they took out breakout. They took an advantage alg and renegades had away from them.

• Downvote (-1) 9

Removing a gametype isn't in the same league as changing a meta.

Heck, what if strongholds was removed altogether right before worlds.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Ok, 1 gametype then. Let's say 343/esl decided to alter just strongholds. Say they only allowed scoring by holding all 3 zones and instead of 100 to win its 50. (Not saying this is a good idea). But now, the teams that preferred holding 2 instead of trip capping and made game plans on this would be at a disadvantage to the teams that constantly push for the trip cap. The gametype would now be approached and played differently. Team placement and winnings then would be affected as well making some teams lose more games and some win more. Same thing when they took out breakout. They took an advantage alg and renegades had away from them.

But they didn't alter a gametype. They removed one that the pros and fans alike hated.

They claimed that they had feedback from pro players saying they wanted it in. Snakebite called them out. A vote was conducted with the pro players showing a huge majority (if I remember right, 80% plus?) didn't want Breakout in the game. Hence, it was removed.

If a large majority of pro players today decided that they didn't want Strongholds, I would absolutely support it being taken out. But that isn't even remotely the case.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The vast majority of pros didn't want breakout. Do you know that?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everyone seems to forget the decision to remove breakout from the league right before worlds. Which was also dominated by ALG. Guaranteed they would have finished 1st if not for that bull crap call. Meanwhile, they say the don't have "time" to test NO Radar during the off seasons...

There was an overwhelming majority that wanted it removed. Radar is more split and has much more impact on the game than a gametype that only ever existed in 5 online qualifiers.

Also CLG beat ALG in the 5th online qualifier so saying Allegiance was guaranteed to win is horseshit

• Upvote (+1) 6

You fail to understand the matter of 343 misleading us into believing that there was a poll conducted among the pros to keep breakout. Snakebite objected strongly, and so a real poll was conducted, with the majority voting to take breakout out of competitive halo. No one is agreeing as a group to change ANYTHING about strongholds.

Let's not forget how different the overall settings are for breakout. Reduced health, different starting weapons, and the objective of a flag to deliver back into your base from neutral position is extremely jarring to play after a game of real CTF or slayer. That sort of inconsistency was highly objected, so it really is a misconception to compare the removal of breakout to any other example you're trying to compare to.

You guys are missing my whole point. I'm not arguing for a certain gametype or that I liked breakout. I am stating that taking it out right before Worlds was a dumb move. Period. You can't alter the game right before the Championship. It ruins the integrity of the game and season.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 14

You guys are missing my whole point. I'm not arguing for a certain gametype or that I liked breakout. I am stating that taking it out right before Worlds was a dumb move. Period. You can't alter the game right before the Championship. It ruins the integrity of the game and season.

Not if the gametype is the dumbest shit ever created in Halo history.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The people competing in it, the pros, didn't want it, I'm willing to bet they had more invested in the competitive integrity of the game and season than you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cratos, I see your grammar has gotten much better. I guess you are learning how to write now  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. Altering a gamemode and having it still be played is entirely different than taking out a gamemode. No adaptation is required to not play a gamemode (except for needing to focus on the other gametypes). The changes you're mentioning for strongholds would completely change it.

2. Regarding competitive integrity, it is far better for competition to take out a gametype that was almost unanimously agreed to be unfit for competition by pros and the competitive community than to keep it in for the sake of consistency with ONLINE placement matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Breakout itself ruined the integrity of the game and season - hence its removal. It's the first time (to my knowledge) we have had a game mode so drastically different to Slayer, Strongholds and CTF.

Different starting weapons

Different damage values

Different health values

Medals not behaving correctly (Perfect didn't register after a perfect kill due to the game only accounting for default health)

All Breakout did was piss off the pros who were competing, piss off the players in matchmaking forced to play it and ultimately confuse the pros and players playing and watching because you constantly have to change your mindset for one match before quickly changing it back to another.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So removing a gametype is the same as altering it? I don't think I understand...

To be fair to AirKick, maybe Worlds would have ended 4-1 instead of 4-0 last season if Breakout was still included. It's amazing to me that we can still be talking about this in 2017. Cratos is probably somewhere still thinking if Breakout was included he would have won.

• Upvote (+1) 1