CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Let me get this straight:

First, we have Trump compromised by the Russians and now E6 is blackmailing Vivi?

IGscKhF.png

Hillary lost, get over it. Keep your liberal politics out of this thread.
  • Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 39

ok cratos is a piece of shit but can we stop pretending he's a terrible player

you don't just get carried to 2nd place at worlds and pro league finals.

he might not be as good as he thinks but calling him trash is just overreactive beyond vitriol

inb4 stats

And Cratos' team had number 1 seed going into NA regionals from online cups.

BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 32

All I'm saying is you floated the idea of a "guaranteed pro league spot" to some of your teammates one MAIN reason you have good players around you, take that away I think you wouldn't even be in contention.

And I am not bashing your skill by any means, I'm more bashing the way you approach situations and the way you carry yourself with certain things, this included.

Under you pic it says pro player LUL

Stop living in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 39

BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

Given that they had number one seed they probably should have done better... Online doesn't make you great in this game, LAN does. Cratos has good results on LAN, he definitely doesn't have great results.

Remind me again to never do anything at 10am.  :simms:

:mj:

On topic: Hoping for an official statement from ESL soon, or maybe Vivis forum post was it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know is I am praying that Cratos and Bubus Team match up at UGC.

I imagine the twitch chat will be rational, well thought out, and a joy to behold

:simms:

Imagine the actual saltstorm if Cratos' team won though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It bugs the fuck out of me that ESL doesn't enforce the spirit of the rules. What kind of sponsor would want to work with this shit-show?

Well xfinity is the company that built a monopoly then snuck in data caps. Im sure they dont mind some shady shit from time to time

• Upvote (+1) 2

BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

Everyone seems to forget the decision to remove breakout from the league right before worlds. Which was also dominated by ALG. Guaranteed they would have finished 1st if not for that bull crap call. Meanwhile, they say the don't have "time" to test NO Radar during the off seasons...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 20

The worst part of the whole situation of crates getting the league spot means there is only 1 available pro league spot to claim. Which means ALG or Bubus team (both top 4 potential) will not make it to pro league unless they disband after hwc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone seems to forget the decision to remove breakout from the league right before worlds. Which was also dominated by ALG. Guaranteed they would have finished 1st if not for that bull crap call. Meanwhile, they say the don't have "time" to test NO Radar during the off seasons...

Renegades actually won Breakout more consistently, the difference was that Allegiance played EG and CLG more often in late stages of tournaments, so people remember ALG's success on the gametype more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you seriously saying removing Breakout was a bad idea? What in the world is wrong with you?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you seriously saying removing Breakout was a bad idea? What in the world is wrong with you?

Not what I said. I am glad it's gone. But to do that before Worlds after all teams already prepared for it during the season, with money on the line... Bad call. The should have removed it after Worlds was over.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Hillary lost, get over it. Keep your liberal politics out of this thread.

lol_wut_russian_pear.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ok cratos is a piece of shit but can we stop pretending he's a terrible player

you don't just get carried to 2nd place at worlds and pro league finals.

he might not be as good as he thinks but calling him trash is just overreactive beyond vitriol

inb4 stats

Obviously he's not terrible. But Worlds had randomized seeding after pools AND it was single elimination.

I dont want to discredit anyones accomplishment but with that set up, everything but first place has an unacceptable component of chance involved.

Also, i think the argument that he's a top player in pro league has weakened since season 1 pro league ended. Without this roster fuckery he'd likely be on the outside looking in season 3, be it because of his performance or his personality (likely a bit of both)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love the no radar sentiment but I don't think that ALG would have beaten CLG if breakout had been included since CLG beat ALG 4-0. Maybe if breakout was over 50% of the gametypes played.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not what I said. I am glad it's gone. But to do that before Worlds after all teams already prepared for it during the season, with money on the line... Bad call. The should have removed it after Worlds was over.

I think it's funny that apparently Halo 5 players need months and months of preparation for any change, major or minor, while other games that people actually watch have balance patches and settings changes all the time. Breakout was trash and awful for the spectator experience. #Adapt

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Renegades actually won Breakout more consistently, the difference was that Allegiance played EG and CLG more often in late stages of tournaments, so people remember ALG's success on the gametype more.

Exactly. If anything, Renegades were hurt the most from it being dropped. 

Edit: That'd have been interesting to see since ALG knocked RNG out of the HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would you guys be Ok if they decided to change weapons right before next worlds? Or alter the mechanics in one way or another? Wether it's minor or major doesn't matter, right?

• Downvote (-1) 4