CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So was Bubu's actual team also submitted and just deemed an invalid roster? If he were submitted as a member of both teams, why wouldn't/didn't ESL just ask him which roster is actually correct? If ESL were in communication with E6 and knew the situation the whole time, it seems like all of this could've been resolved ahead of time with about 30 seconds of communication with Bubu. Unless ESL actually just went along with E6 telling them Bubu was on the team because of contract issues, though Shooter's comment implies that the actual organization wasn't involved, and every roster matter so far (i.e. Pro League spots) has always involved the players directly, not the orgs.

If they actually were in contact with Bubu and just straight up ruled that whichever roster was submitted first is the one that counts, I don't know what else to say. Use some common sense and uphold the integrity of your own league if you claim to care about "what's best for Halo and creating the best league for everyone" or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You'd think making yourself an approachable and trusted teammate would take precedence as a "business move".

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Long time lurker, here's my Halo viewing resume to validate my opinion.

I hate everyone, yet I just said I'm a long time lurker, so what am I doing here?

Everyone is negative. I'm not Cratos. Noble is a good org."

We have some cool first time posters.

• Downvote (-1) 5

@@Vivi since you're posting again, and said you'd try to answer questions: Why did you ignore ESL's own rule book in allowing the seed to go with Cratos and a team manager? Your rules clearly state that in the event of a 2v2 split, the manager chooses who keeps the seed. This was obviously not a 2v2 split, since Bubu has been teaming with Shooter since the end of Pro League, and Cratos has been playing with nobody from the E6 team. Why was Showtime allowed to submit a roster with two players, one of whom had no intention of playing on his team?

If you say it's because it's a contractual issue: how? The only two players under contract with the org were Cratos and Bubu. This is an org who dropped their entire roster exactly one hour after roster lock, because they had no interest in being in Halo any more. This is an org who told their players at the end of the season (over a month ago) that they would be leaving Halo, and they didn't care what they did. Now, why is Bubu being held to a contract with a team that clearly doesn't want him, had no intention of teaming with him, and had no real contractual hold over him since the organization claims they "transferred all contracts" to another party (who, excatly?).

How was this allowed to happen when it clearly goes against the intent of your rules in having the majority of the players from a team hold the seed?

And, will Bubu be forced to sit out for a whole season (assumed Summer 2017) because he was forced to quit the team that had no intention of playing with him after already making two other team changes, similar to how Naded was forced to sit out for the last summer season?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Your validating my point of making people leave the scene with your sarcasm. I've been here cause I keep thinking we will be great again like h2/h3 days but it's this kind of mindset that hurts the scene.

• Downvote (-1) 16

I wish non-issues weren't issues so we could co to continue to improve the formats and gametypes for fans and players.

Everything seems to be an issue to fight for now (even when obvious). I'm tired of fighting, my attention for competitive Halo contniubes to dwindle and that sucks. Kinda reminds me of the NFL now and refs.

ESL is in a spot to make things right and I hope they do. There's been funky stuff in the past, I would say most of the players and the community is on Bubu side to make this issue right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Long time lurker, here's my Halo viewing resume to validate my opinion.

I hate everyone, yet I just said I'm a long time lurker, so what am I doing here?

Everyone is negative. I'm not Cratos. Noble is a good org."

We have some cool first time posters.

"We're not toxic but let me prove this point by mocking you."

:thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please stop the age and back in my day bs, did you see even see the crap that was on the shit talk forums? T2 wearing a thong while playing, OT of OT antics? Etc

Just stop, we don't care that your parents fucked before ours and had you. Age doesn't mean maturity or knowledge.

h2/h3 forums were cut throat, i'm glad all my shit posts got lost to the sands of time

things are MUCH LESS toxic nowadays than back then

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@Vivi since you're posting again, and said you'd try to answer questions: Why did you ignore ESL's own rule book in allowing the seed to go with Cratos and a team manager? Your rules clearly state that in the event of a 2v2 split, the manager chooses who keeps the seed. This was obviously not a 2v2 split, since Bubu has been teaming with Shooter since the end of Pro League, and Cratos has been playing with nobody from the E6 team. Why was Showtime allowed to submit a roster with two players, one of whom had no intention of playing on his team?

If you say it's because it's a contractual issue: how? The only two players under contract with the org were Cratos and Bubu. This is an org who dropped their entire roster exactly one hour after roster lock, because they had no interest in being in Halo any more. This is an org who told their players at the end of the season (over a month ago) that they would be leaving Halo, and they didn't care what they did. Now, why is Bubu being held to a contract with a team that clearly doesn't want him, had no intention of teaming with him, and had no real contractual hold over him since the organization claims they "transferred all contracts" to another party (who, excatly?).

How was this allowed to happen when it clearly goes against the intent of your rules in having the majority of the players from a team hold the seed?

And, will Bubu be forced to sit out for a whole season (assumed Summer 2017) because he was forced to quit the team that had no intention of playing with him after already making two other team changes, similar to how Naded was forced to sit out for the last summer season?

The ruling hinged on the roster changes must be submitted by the Manager of a team, and only a Manager of a team. This is to avoid situations where multiple rosters are submitted for the same team. In this situation, the League recognized that the roster for the Enigma6 team was Cratos, Bubu dubu and 2 new, additional players. The only time a Player may submit a roster change is in the case of that Player leaving the League, for any reason. 

It was not a question of contracts. 

It was allowed to happen as it is allowed to happen per League rules.

Bubu will not face a period where he is ineligible to compete. He may face penalties tied to his ability to receive seeding points for the 2017 Halo World Championship, but not a suspension from the Pro League. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Please stop the age and back in my day bs, did you see even see the crap that was on the shit talk forums? T2 wearing a thong while playing, OT of OT antics? Etc

Just stop, we don't care that your parents fucked before ours and had you. Age doesn't mean maturity or knowledge.

Guys wouldnt last 5 seconds in the 2008 MLG Meadowlands Open Thread.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Bubu will not face a period where he is ineligible to compete. He may face penalties tied to his ability to receive seeding points for the 2017 Halo World Championship, but not a suspension from the Pro League.

Am I reading this wrong? Bubu could get penalized? :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys wouldnt last 5 seconds in the 2008 MLG Meadowlands Open Thread.

Again, it's not about who can take it or dish it. It's about being attractive to outside/new fans,orgs, and events.

Basically, it is similar to MLG's system where in a 2-2 split, the captain of the team carried the seed and the other duo needed to find another seed.

The stark difference, and why this is problematic, is that now the "Captain" is not one of the players, but a not-necessarily-related third party that can handle rosters as they see fit.

They can decide in a split whether or not the players actually split...even if they have no interest in teaming with that player.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really question anyone willing to team with Cratos at this point. I mean his current roster is full of people that are desperate to get on any team, so it makes some sense. I don't see him getting back on a winning roster any time soon after this "business move."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Again, it's not about who can take it or dish it. It's about being attractive to outside/new fans,orgs, and events.

You even admitted yourself you did not have all the facts, used working a job and having a wife or something to justify your ignorance, nice. Not before calling Beyond and the community "cancer" though.

Let me take you to class briefly:

Every organization you listed that left was terrible, and conducted themselves terribly, minus cloud 9 which has a history of being flaky in Halo anyways.

I would urge you to re-evaluate your stance, or perhaps consider the other side. You do not see EG, Liquid, Optic, etc. catching any community flak because they conduct themselves correctly. It is really just as simple as that. "Mob Mentality" and "TB is cancer" or whatever nonsensical terminology you were throwing around is hysterical, like the community just maliciously selects a target to destroy for no particular reason. Understand these organizations bring it upon themselves due to their unprofessional behavior 99% of the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The ruling hinged on the roster changes must be submitted by the Manager of a team, and only a Manager of a team. This is to avoid situations where multiple rosters are submitted for the same team. In this situation, the League recognized that the roster for the Enigma6 team was Cratos, Bubu dubu and 2 new, additional players. The only time a Player may submit a roster change is in the case of that Player leaving the League, for any reason. 

It was not a question of contracts. 

It was allowed to happen as it is allowed to happen per League rules.

I couldnt care less about my teambeyond account. Please ban me if im out of line. Vivi and ESL are fucking idiots. You have rules in place that favor an org over the players/talent. And to think you morons might actually penalize Bubu over this. What a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2