CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think anyone is going to argue it isn't shady (outside e6, cratos, and the gang). The argument is the legality of it.

My guess is that they had to retain the org name as e6 because that's what the contracts were under and they couldn't announce their leaving Halo and dropping the team until after submitting the roster and going through the motions. If they did that earlier then they wouldn't have been able to have bubu listed on the roster that was submitted and therefore cratos/showtime wouldn't have had the spot. So the whole notion that e6 didn't have anything to do with this is laughable. They worked with ESL to collectively perform this shady action, albeit legally and within the rules. Which makes it that much more shady and sleazy.

Yeah sorry I'm not questioning the legality of it, just how it get shadier the deeper you go down into it

If the has ever has been a reason to blacklist a team, it's this.

Just don't scrim Cratos and co. Let them suffer with lack of practice.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If the has ever has been a reason to blacklist a team, it's this.

Just don't scrim Cratos and co. Let them suffer with lack of practice.

I don't think anyone is looking at that roster and thinking "now that's a scary team." So really it wouldn't have much of an affect. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think anyone is going to argue it isn't shady (outside e6, cratos, and the gang). The argument is the legality of it.

My guess is that they had to retain the org name as e6 because that's what the contracts were under and they couldn't announce their leaving Halo and dropping the team until after submitting the roster and going through the motions. If they did that earlier then they wouldn't have been able to have bubu listed on the roster that was submitted and therefore cratos/showtime wouldn't have had the spot. So the whole notion that e6 didn't have anything to do with this is laughable. They worked with ESL to collectively perform this shady action, albeit legally and within the rules. Which makes it that much more shady and sleazy.

Shooter's statement below dismisses E6's involvement in the dispute.

I have not been under contract with E6 since I joined Allegiance for the fall season of pro league. Neither was Ayden. Jesse and Carlos were still under contract, and technically, they could've forced Jesse and Carlos to team, but that is not what happened here. E6 did not want to get involved with this and told us we needed to handle it

Tire iron Randa cloud v t3ct9 playing in the tourney still.

Don't know what happened to cloud's team

• Upvote (+1) 6

So whose gonna get tea bagged more at this event Cratos or Spartan?

Spartan will probably play more games, by starting earlier and going farther, so it's probably 50/50.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Tire iron Randa cloud v t3ct9 playing in the tourney still.

Don't know what happened to cloud's team

His team was him vt3ct brainstrm and Gabriel. They were scrimming all week then now it's this team.

Also fearitself is coaching lg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shooter's statement below dismisses E6's involvement in the dispute.

I don't believe they weren't involved for one second. Vivi said e6 was involved in the discussions already. Why wait until after roster lock to announce your leaving Halo? Why allow cratos/showtime to submit a roster under your org name? Why not release players from contracts before all this?

I was taught when something walks and squawks like a duck it probably is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also really want Bubu to get picked up by Renegades.

Nice thematic fit. I have a feeling that's a strong possibility

Everyone can bitch about Cratos and Showtime, but the most concerning part about all of this is that they worked with "League officials" to ensure it was done in the correct way.

If this was the correct way, this sucks.

I think ESL realizes that though, hopefully.

I wonder how it all played out

Cratos: esl, no one on my squad wants to teams with me, how can i keep the seed

Esl: you still tight with showtime

Cratos: yeah

Esl: cool, just have him make up a roster with you in it

Cratos: say no more

• Upvote (+1) 1

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

The "Enigma6 roster" was involved. Vivi never stated that the Enigma 6 organization was involved in this matter.

I don't believe they weren't involved for one second. Vivi said e6 was involved in the discussions already. Why wait until after roster lock to announce your leaving Halo? Why allow cratos/showtime to submit a roster under your org name? Why not release players from contracts before all this?

I was taught when something walks and squawks like a duck it probably is.

It's still a possibility that the E6 org might've conspired with Cratos & Showtime as a lame duck move to assist them in keeping the org. My issue is that Shooter has stated that the E6 org was not involved in this process at all.

-snip-

just fix the part where team managers can fuck over players (the people who actually matter in all of this) and we good fam

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey all,

I want to open with saying that the post was not to encourage or antagonize anyone, it was simply to explain the situation as it occurred and to clarify what exactly happened. To those of you asking people to "stop the hate" and making posts against myself or the league, thank you; however, regardless of the posts I'm still planning on being active here (as always, hopefully more so than the last season) and clarifying situations when I can. With this job I know sometimes there will be rulings or explanations that result in "that's great" "good job, good to see you here" and endless amounts of +rep, and with others there will be "what are you thinking" "how did this happen" and an endless deluge of red arrows, that comes with the territory and those posts won't cause me to go into radio silence with the competitive Halo community.

Prior to the Fall 2016 Season Finals there was a player meeting with the attending teams and the biggest feedback was that the players wanted and needed to be part of the development of the rules and format of the league. Moving forward, we will be working with the players and organizations in the Pro League to improve the league, rules and to produce the most competitive format possible for Halo. This includes rule and format changes, but will also increase visibility for those involved with the league to have a higher understanding of the rules and policies of the League.

As I've always said, please keep posting, please criticize when you feel it is deserved and discuss situations as you, an individual, see fit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and voicing yours will not make me leave this website and never return. 

I'll be answering questions the best I am able.

-Mark "Vivi" Snyder

(edited for a typo)

edit 2* 

Massive respect to @@TheSimms for posting and being the voice of the community in regards to the League. I'm grateful everyday for the chance to work with him.

Nobody hates you or the league. The rule with team managers is bad.

Amend it, controversy diffused. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am not saying 343 is great or perfect.  They are somewhere in the middle.  I've seen a lot of your past posts UGUG and usually agree with your statements.  Especially NO Radar.  That is the one thing that i desperately want to change, they my h5 life will be complete!  Once again, I am trying to stop all the Negativity and be grateful for what 343 has done for us.  They obviously care about the game and feedback.  They have done more updates, patches, fixes with h5 than all past halos combined.  That is a fact.  Bungie did maybe 5-10% of updates,feedback,patches that 343 has done for us.

The patch argument is super annoying to me. Bungie had theater working day one. 343i still hasn't touched it. Some of the updates are good, but others should have been there at release. Anybody remember When they updated Halo 4 with the white "x"? Then had to change it to red later? Good work.

Is there an official stream for tonights games gents or is it all player streams? Thinking of kicking the stream up and casting some games if it goes on for a while but noticed its single elim and didn't want to step on anyones toes.

Side-note, i know its been a little negative on here over the course of seeing the seeding side of things and can only apologise for this guys. I know people are calling us out and ill be sure to pass it on, certainly not going to promise anything would/will change but its for sure been noted.

Can totally understand where the anger and heat is coming from guys so please once again accept my apology for that. I know i say it time and time again that the feedback is noted but for what its worth i wanted to ackowledge the anger and say it wont go un-noted/ignored.

Hey all,

I want to open with saying that the post was not to encourage or antagonize anyone, it was simply to explain the situation as it occurred and to clarify what exactly happened. To those of you asking people to "stop the hate" and making posts against myself or the league, thank you; however, regardless of the posts I'm still planning on being active here (as always, hopefully more so than the last season) and clarifying situations when I can. With this job I know sometimes there will be rulings or explanations that result in "that's great" "good job, good to see you here" and endless amounts of +rep, and with others there will be "what are you thinking" "how did this happen" and an endless deluge of red arrows, that comes with the territory and those posts won't cause me to go into radio silence with the competitive Halo community.

Prior to the Fall 2016 Season Finals there was a player meeting with the attending teams and the biggest feedback was that the players wanted and needed to be part of the development of the rules and format of the league. Moving forward, we will be working with the players and organizations in the Pro League to improve the league, rules and to produce the most competitive format possible for Halo. This includes rule and format changes, but will also increase visibility for those involved with the league to have a higher understanding of the rules and policies of the League.

As I've always said, please keep posting, please criticize when you feel it is deserved and discuss situations as you, an individual, see fit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and voicing yours will not make me leave this website and never return. 

-Mark "Vivi" Snyder

(edited for a typo)

I mean I'm fairly certain ESL has the power to right this wrong, not just change the rules for the future. At the very least just liquefy the pro spot and don't allow Cratos and fam to claim it. You can't allow people to get away with this kind of shade. Thanks again for the transparency.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey all,

-Mark "Vivi" Snyder

(edited for a typo)

I have two questions. When the meeting between players E6 and esl. Was Bubu present and informed of how Cratos was given the spot? Also is UGC not crowdfunded anymore?

Snip

1. Fix the rule that allowed such fuckery to occur.

2. Do not allow cratos' team to hold a pro seed, force them to play though the open bracket.

3. Ban showtime for 2017

4. (might not be possible but) allow Bubu's team to hold the E6 seed

1-3 are an absolute necessity.

• Upvote (+1) 6

LOL i am a little to old for Safe spaces. I guess i knew coming on here with mostly young youth wouldnt serve a purpose. I probably had your state of mind 10 years ago.

I just turned 30 and feel your post was idiotic.

• Upvote (+1) 5