CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there an official stream for tonights games gents or is it all player streams? Thinking of kicking the stream up and casting some games if it goes on for a while but noticed its single elim and didn't want to step on anyones toes.

Side-note, i know its been a little negative on here over the course of seeing the seeding side of things and can only apologise for this guys. I know people are calling us out and ill be sure to pass it on, certainly not going to promise anything would/will change but its for sure been noted.

Can totally understand where the anger and heat is coming from guys so please once again accept my apology for that. I know i say it time and time again that the feedback is noted but for what its worth i wanted to ackowledge the anger and say it wont go un-noted/ignored.

Damn get this man a medal. Seriously you are the definition of good community engagement.

Its all player streams btw

You guys are making such wild assumptions lol. Bubu and friends were in the loop.

And they are still gonna play. They said they were okay with playing through am so we moved forward with it. Chill y'all are making a bid deal out of something the people involved aren't making a big deal out of

Wow, do you hear the bullshit that you're spewing? Bubu said that's not true.

Surprise, surprise, you're story's falling apart yet again. I almost pity you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are right, I dont have all the facts.  I work roughly 60 hours a week and then have a family to come home to everyday.  I dont have time to research all the situations that arise.  I was merely pointing out that this community is too negative and causes people to shy away from the scene.

You should be thanking us. 

We drove away E6 and made sure you still have a family to go home to  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

One of the weirdest eden slayer games I've seen there were 8 rockets on the map at one point lmao gotta love power weapons in this game

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just posting this here:

The "best shot in the game" missing in a game that is really easy to shoot in.

Hard burn from 2013...

OT- So this week people were actively encouraging Orgs to force players to play in teams that they didn't want to but somehow leveraging your prior teams seed is 'ethically wrong'.

Pretty entertaining turn of events, probably not going to change much in the long run really.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Utterly pathetic.

This whole situation has killed my already slowing interest in Halo. I've been watching since Orlando 2006, and didn't miss a single event until some of those smaller AGLs (AGL 8 was great though). The incompetence of 343 and ESL is simply too overwhelming. I probably won't be watching anymore events, and not in an attempt to "boycott", since the last few years have taught me to not expect real, significant changes from the people running Halo. I have the same amount of event wins as Cratos/Str8 Sick/Naded/Nemassist/Showtime, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

I'll just be here for the memes and twitch clips of Frosty teabagging the shit out of the ~28 other pro players.

Cratos won chattanooga
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hard burn from 2013...

OT- So this week people were actively encouraging Orgs to force players to play in teams that they didn't want to but somehow leveraging your prior teams seed is 'ethically wrong'.

Pretty entertaining turn of events, probably not going to change much in the long run really.

That's not the issue here. If e6 were remaining in the scene and bubu is under contract, then they have every right to enforce that contract.

How can bubu be held to a contract that is for an organisation that quit the scene like a day after roster lock? This is shady and unethical. Not only that, but it was common knowledge they were not staying together and that in the event of a split, this would go to a team of 2. Showtime entered bubu as part of the team without his permission. How on earth can that be okay?

It's completely different to an organisation enforcing a contract on a player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's not the issue here. If e6 were remaining in the scene and bubu is under contract, then they have every right to enforce that contract.

How can bubu be held to a contract that is for an organisation that quit the scene like a day after roster lock? This is shady and unethical. Not only that, but it was common knowledge they were not staying together and that in the event of a split, this would go to a team of 2. Showtime entered bubu as part of the team without his permission. How on earth can that be okay?

It's completely different to an organisation enforcing a contract on a player.

I think E6 still had the contracts on Cratos and Bubu. So Bubu is forced to go along with it. After roster lock Bubu is insta drop and enigma6 releases the contracts or transfers them

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hard burn from 2013...

There's a difference between orgs maintaining contracts and team managers submitting false rosters to retain a seed. Orgs had nothing to do with this.

There's a difference between orgs maintaining contracts and team managers submitting false rosters to retain a seed. Orgs had nothing to do with this.

I don't think anyone has anywhere near enough information to say anything about this categorically. The only thing we do know properly is that E6 was able to do this legally working with ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think E6 still had the contracts on Cratos and Bubu. So Bubu is forced to go along with it. After roster lock Bubu is insta drop and enigma6 releases the contracts or transfers them

This is why ESL hands were tied. E6 transferred the contracts to whomever and they enforced it, making bubu officially on the team and forcing him to leave.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So this is my summary. Seems like e6 having all intention of leaving the league and releasing all players decided before leaving to work with ESL, cratos, and Showtime to provide them a pro league seed. They did this by leveraging the fact that bubu was still in a contract and that the manager is allowed to submit a roster regardless of if the players on said roster even agreed to it or it being a legitimate roster. This forced bubu to use his "player leave" option. Because the initial roster submitted had both cratos, bubu, and the manager Showtime they were given a pro seed and since bubu leaving was considered a "player leaving" and not a during the "transfer period", this cratos/Showtime duo held the pro seed. This is also why the team was called e6 in the announce on the website about HWC, because this had to ALL be done under the e6 org name to actually work. Once everything was finished e6 drops sponsorship of the team.

Some questions I have still. These player leaves outside of the transfer window, aren't they limited to a certain number? If so with e6 initially sponsoring the team and now dropping the team does that mean they will be granted these back, effectively rewarding them again?

What if bubu called e6 bluff and said fine I'll stay on e6 with cratos and showtime? I assume if e6 then dropped the team the spot would dissolve? Or could e6 have just released bubu first before dropping the team and leaving the pro spot with cratos/showtime? I guess what I'm getting at is if e6 submitted a roster with bubu and he didn't use the player leave option and forced their hand what outcome could we have seen then?

So why were they listed as e6? This is what makes it shady, how can they transfer the contracts to a different organisation without the name being disclosed?

Even if you ignore the fact that bubudubu was submitted for a team in spite of the fact that Showtime and Cratos knew he would never team with them, this is shady. Add in that and it's just plain wrong.

This has highlighted so many issues with 343 and their 'rulebook.'

So why were they listed as e6? This is what makes it shady, how can they transfer the contracts to a different organisation without the name being disclosed?

Even if you ignore the fact that bubudubu was submitted for a team in spite of the fact that Showtime and Cratos knew he would never team with them, this is shady. Add in that and it's just plain wrong.

This has highlighted so many issues with 343 and their 'rulebook.'

I don't think anyone is going to argue it isn't shady (outside e6, cratos, and the gang). The argument is the legality of it.

My guess is that they had to retain the org name as e6 because that's what the contracts were under and they couldn't announce their leaving Halo and dropping the team until after submitting the roster and going through the motions. If they did that earlier then they wouldn't have been able to have bubu listed on the roster that was submitted and therefore cratos/showtime wouldn't have had the spot. So the whole notion that e6 didn't have anything to do with this is laughable. They worked with ESL to collectively perform this shady action, albeit legally and within the rules. Which makes it that much more shady and sleazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1