CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What? Cratos and crew teams gets a free trip to the championship bracket in HWC qualifiers, and a free seat in Pro League and you say this is overblown?

It's shitty. Yes. But this has somehow spiraled into "killing my interest in the scene" and suggestions of boycotting viewership. I'm NOT happy about this. Idk how anyone but plasmacasterpapi could really be happy about this, but I'm not going to lie and hyperbolize about how I won't tune because of it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm just going to assume that Enigma 6 transferred their Halo players contracts to The Money Matches & TMMT refused to let bubu dubu leave his contract. That gambling org has always seemed sketchy to me, especially with the way their management have conducted themselves publicly so i really wouldn't put a move like this past them. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Glad to see you back, CyReN. Thought E6 got you for a while there

Been on vacation, back in-time to see this incredible drama.

• Upvote (+1) 2

btw, have the str8 hoodies shipped yet?

They were "aiming" for this past week. No word on that. Don't think they are giving out tracking #'s so no way to know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Enema 6 wants to express their desire for you guys to stop using their team name, then that's their freedom of speech to express that and if this forum refuses to abide by that, you are violating the constitution.

@@CyReN

@Saucey

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's shitty. Yes. But this has somehow spiraled into "killing my interest in the scene" and suggestions of boycotting viewership. I'm NOT happy about this. Idk how anyone but plasmacasterpapi could really be happy about this, but I'm not going to lie and hyperbolize about how I won't tune because of it.

Don't know about others but nothing I've said it hyperbole. I'm getting too old for this shit and I refuse to invest time, energy, and money into something so spectacular fucked that this shit can take place. You may choose to continue and that's your choice, but remember supporting ESL and 343 at this point is the same as supporting what happened yesterday. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are making such wild assumptions lol. Bubu and friends were in the loop.

And they are still gonna play. They said they were okay with playing through am so we moved forward with it. Chill y'all are making a bid deal out of something the people involved aren't making a big deal out of

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 67

You don't understand why people value competitive integrity?

It makes the scene less compelling when the powers that be openly welcome massive conflicts of interest.

Shit like this is why people don't watch boxing anymore.

You guys are making such wild assumptions lol. Bubu and friends were in the loop.

And they are still gonna play. They said they were okay with playing through am so we moved forward with it. Chill y'all are making a bid deal out of something the people involved aren't making a big deal out of

How convienient... of course, you could have just had some integrity and played through AMs yourself...

• Upvote (+1) 5

It blows my mind 110% that such rule is worded like that and even more so, how EASILY can it be exploited. It's like they just copy/pasted from other documents or so.

Also. E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6.

Why would anyone believe what you say? If you cant see the issue with this then I feel bad for you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://twitter.com/thr330h5/status/820341432313462785

Just called my family to make sure everything cool.

Tell him to go fuck off.

Seriously. I don't care what Vivi said either. Great they talked with ESL through the process. Why did they do that? So they could help cratos/Showtime and give a last middle finger to the Halo community.

They KNEW they were dropping the whole team and leaving Halo for a long time. They could and should have announced they were doing so before the roster submission. This would have made this whole ordeal never happen. Instead they stuck around just long enough to fuck some people and immediately leave the league.

If this fuckhead doesn't want the e6 name brought up then they should have left the league instead of staying around for cratos and Showtime to submit that bullshit roster underneath their org name.

Finally I'd like to say I had some respect for str8sick before all this. Now I don't. You are judged by the company you keep and your actions. Teaming with cratos and being a passenger while this is going on and not having some integrity speaks volumes about you and your character. His response to it which has been basically "whatever I didn't do it, I don't care, lol at bubu" makes him look like a shitty person. I'm disappointed with naded and nemassist as well but at least they are trying to gauge the shadiness of the situation. Hopefully this serves as another warning to all those players that should have already known, don't involve yourself with certain individuals if you have any bit of integrity.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why don't you just come out and tell your side of the story then?

Can you elaborate on why the move was done in the first place?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No hyperbole here. I will come to the forums but won't be watching or supporting ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just going to assume that Enigma 6 transferred their Halo players contracts to The Money Matches & TMMT refused to let bubu dubu leave his contract. That gambling org has always seemed sketchy to me, especially with the way their management have conducted themselves publicly so i really wouldn't put a move like this past them. 

I still see no way that site isn't a literal scam. They have no revenue coming in because they haven't officially launched, they don't seem to have any agreements in place that actually lets them do the online betting for e-sports in North America, and their owners and reps (who through money around as fast as the E6 org) get ultra defensive as soon as you mention your concerns with their business legitimacy. I think it's harmful for the scene overall that players are going in sponsored by them, and it'll hurt the Halo scene if and when they get exposed and their name is all over our Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was that conversation created in the part of your mind that came up with your claims of not offering Stellur money and not signing him out on purpose to get him banned from competing?

Typically, things like rulebooks and fineprint agreements include a clause that would go something like "In the event in which a situation occurs that is not directly covered by any of the clauses contained in this document, we [HCS/ESL] in this case] reserve the right to judge how to deal with the situation ourselves"

This way, if a player or group of players find a creative way to do something outrageously unethical and unfair to other players just because there isn't a rule that is explicitly against it, the HCS reserves the right to deal with the situation as they see fit. Pure common sense dictates that one shouldn't be able to submit a false roster with the intentions that Cratos/Showtime had. Now instead, we have this completely backwards incident playing out and ESL acting as if they have no power to stop it.

By the way Naded, calling this a "business decision" doesn't change anything. It's an asshole decision.

• Upvote (+1) 4