CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ill still enjoy this season and watching some AM teams wreck Cratos' "Pro team"

but here's the problem. even if cratos' team gets stomped and doesnt make worlds; his team will still get an automatic seed for the summer pro league season.

it's trash

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have very little desire to watch or support halo after this clusterfuck. It is unconscionable for them to allow this kind of shady bullshit. Not only did they allow it, they helped to manipulate the rules! It is depressing and demoralizing.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

http://cdn2.esl.tv/fileadmin/user_upload/pro-league/halo/ProLeagueRules-Fall2016.pdf

"In the event of a 2-2 split between seasons, the Manager will decide which of the 2 players will remain on the team in the HCS Pro League." -HCS Rule Book page 6

@@Vivi please explain how the manager decides in a 2 - 1 - 1 way split.

Exactly, thank you. This is partly what I was referring to when I said this:

It's a clear and obvious exploitation of a nonsensical set of rules that arguably isn't even legal based on another set of rules (I remain unconvinced after hearing your explanation that what has occurred is actually within the rules).

• Upvote (+1) 2

but here's the problem. even if cratos' team gets stomped and doesnt make worlds; his team will still get an automatic seed for the summer pro league season.

it's trash

You're right didn't think of that. Well Naded is leaving after worlds and I don't see that team staying together if they don't play well. Unless they do the same shit they did to bubu again.

http://cdn2.esl.tv/fileadmin/user_upload/pro-league/halo/ProLeagueRules-Fall2016.pdf

"In the event of a 2-2 split between seasons, the Manager will decide which of the 2 players will remain on the team in the HCS Pro League." -HCS Rule Book page 6

@@Vivi please explain how the manager decides in a 2 - 1 - 1 way split.

Exactly, thank you. This is partly what I was referring to when I said this:

Clearly if you'd actually read the fine print it says "In the event of a 2-1-1 split, the manager is granted God mode and gets to pick his bestie, suck it haters."

To to many it'd look like Cratos wrote that last part but nope, right out of the ESL handbook :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

Utterly pathetic.  

This whole situation has killed my already slowing interest in Halo.  I've been watching since Orlando 2006, and didn't miss a single event until some of those smaller AGLs (AGL 8 was great though).  The incompetence of 343 and ESL is simply too overwhelming.  I probably won't be watching anymore events, and not in an attempt to "boycott", since the last few years have taught me to not expect real, significant changes from the people running Halo.  I have the same amount of event wins as Cratos/Str8 Sick/Naded/Nemassist/Showtime, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  

I'll just be here for the memes and twitch clips of Frosty teabagging the shit out of the ~28 other pro players.  

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can someone clarify this for me? Surely it can't be true that any manager can claim any player they want, and that the player claimed will then be punished for contesting it. Surely I must be misunderstanding something.

That's literally what he said.

Whatever the manager submits is official, regardless of how bogus it is.

Theoretically, he could have submitted the names of any two former E6 players and any two random players, and that team would be official, regardless of what anyone involved had to say about it.

You literally can't make this shit up.

Everytime ESL has an opportunity to show that they can run this league with integrity, they do something mind numbingly idiotic.

First It was their infatuation with single elimination during Worlds.

Then it was the handling of Showtime and Cratos violating ESL rules AND Xbox live TOS (the fined the fucking victim)

Then their refusal to use a logical qualification format for worlds 2.

Now this.

I've got my foot halfway out the door at this point. This crew is incompetent.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was under the impression that by doing this Cratos was forcing Bubu to 'retire' for the HWC season. If that's not the case then I think this is being a little over blown.

Its pretty underhanded on the part of Cratos and Showtime, but as long as they aren't interfering with another teams ability to compete then I don't think you can say or do much as ESL other than fix the loophole so it doesn't happen again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I have the same amount of event wins as Cratos/Str8 Sick/Naded/Nemassist/Showtime, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. 

Str8 Sick won every FFA at HGC in H4 including the final one and Naded won Orlando 2007. 

FFA are more important than 4v4  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Utterly pathetic.  

This whole situation has killed my already slowing interest in Halo.  I've been watching since Orlando 2006, and didn't miss a single event until some of those smaller AGLs (AGL 8 was great though).  The incompetence of 343 and ESL is simply too overwhelming.  I probably won't be watching anymore events, and not in an attempt to "boycott", since the last few years have taught me to not expect real, significant changes from the people running Halo.  I have the same amount of event wins as Cratos/Str8 Sick/Naded/Nemassist/Showtime, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  

I'll just be here for the memes and twitch clips of Frosty teabagging the shit out of the ~28 other pro players.  

What some of the Halo community did in Str8 Sick's chat last night is just as pathetic. Including Optic for stream sniping when he is just playing casually, grow up. Everyone keeps throwing around unprofessional then support pro players acting like kids.

• Downvote (-1) 22

omg these seeds at st.louis are going to be bad early on lol.  Bunnies team got kinda bracket fucked, my team got bracket fucked by earthroot gaming, then earthroot and team randa play second round lol.  Earthroot is chaser, rob the turtle, musa, and botchy hawk, so either one of those teams are going to be seeded top 32.  Idk the solution to this but this tournament is going to be weird.

I would say double elim would help, but that takes time so idk.

I was under the impression that by doing this Cratos was forcing Bubu to 'retire' for the HWC season. If that's not the case then I think this is being a little over blown.

Its pretty underhanded on the part of Cratos and Showtime, but as long as they aren't interfering with another teams ability to compete then I don't think you can say or do much as ESL other than fix the loophole so it doesn't happen again.

What? Cratos and crew gets a free trip to the championship bracket in HWC qualifiers, and a free seat in Pro League and you say this is overblown?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Bubu could easily slaughter the Open Bracket and qualify for Worlds, but why should he have to? Especially when Cratos gets a free ride (his free ride)?

Additionally, this also compromises the competitive integrity for people who are unlucky enough to run into Bubu in bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ALG and Inconceivable(Bubu) are playing in this online qualifier.. I get why Bubu is, but why is ALG? Why are some pro teams in it and others aren't? Also, where is 2gre's daycare? I'm just a little confused about all this.

ALG and Inconceivable(Bubu) are playing in this online qualifier.. I get why Bubu is, but why is ALG? Why are some pro teams in it and others aren't? Also, where is 2gre's daycare? I'm just a little confused about all this.

ALG is Spartan, Hamy, Suspector, and Danoxide. They do not hold a seed because the only duo was from Team Liquid, whose seed went to Rayne, Penguin, Stellur, and Eco.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ALG is Spartan, Hamy, Suspector, and Danoxide. They do not hold a seed because the only duo was from Team Liquid, whose seed went to Rayne, Penguin, Stellur, and Eco.

Got it, so where is 2gre's team? Is he playing today?

E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E7 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 E6 

hey dont do that

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember back in 09(?) when Frisky and Sasquatch essentially bought pro status by paying their way onto Xit Woundz(?) and  then keeping the seed with just themselves and having pro status for the next event and got smashed?

This is a billion times worse and I can't even express how much I hope E6 (fuck off going to use it anyway, pray for my family) fails miserably and dont make a fucking dime from Halo ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 1