CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, I just want to change the topic a little. Optic did an episode of the podcast yesterday. The majority of problems came down to the game but I would say that 33% of the video was about tournaments/organizing. It seems as though Halo isn't the only one struggling. I suggest you give it a listen on the Optic YouTube but it really opened my eyes. Sometimes I get jaded since I only follow Halo REALLY closely so I just lump it on 343 and ESL and as much as the entire forum seems to think having MLG back would be a good thing, Scump summed last and this season as a "shit show" besides complementing ESL on a few things. Again, highly suggest you put it on the background and listen but I think it comes down to Activision and 343 just being incompetent along with MLG and ESL being incompetent but both are not from lack of trying.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's say I was great friends with Showtime. With him knowing that his team disbanded, he could have submitted a roster of Cratos, Bubu, Me, and xXSniperDemon666. Then since Cratos and Bubu obviously wouldn't team with us, they'd be forced to leave, which would make a pro team of:

Brutality, xXSpiperDemon666, SmokeDaGreen420, and LadyWrangler69.

Idk if much has changed in the 2 hours since I started this post before I had to handle some business, but the system is CLEARLY flawed.

Yes, essentially being great friends and/or having a financial relationship with the selected manager could allow a single player to control a league spot regardless of how players intend to split.

I don't even see how this is a loophole, just a dumbass ruling that runs counter to the spirit of the rule.

In the event of a 2­-2 split between seasons, the Manager will decide which of the 2 players will remain on the team in the HCS Pro League.

Anyone with a brain would take this to mean that if players intend to split 2-2, the manager will decide which pair gets the seed.

But according to ESL, the manager can make his own pair, And screw anyone in the process.

The manager is clearly SUPPOSED to be a the final vote if a team splits down the middle. Not decide who can team with whom.

It's , simply put, idiocy. The incompetence controlling the scene knows no bounds.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always thought the manager was just the person chosen to communicate between the team and esl about everything and pretty much be the person to represent them. I was also aware they had to make the extremely tough decision on who keeps the seed if 2 players split (tough if you're genuinely friends with all 4 players and not just BFF's with 1) of course the owner of ALG wasn't gonna submit a fake roster with falcated on it to hold the pro seed, for 1 it's just wrong and shouldn't play out that way, and 2 he was more than likely aware he was gonna have a seedless team that was gonna be ALG (commonlys team). If he did that for falcated he wouldn't have a pro league team lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Vivi says there should be a vote to keep or dump a manager (likely in the transfer period). That didn't happen according to Shooter. This should null the roster submitted by Showtime until a vote had happened with him staying on.

The contracts were, I'm assuming, purchased by MoneyMatches from E6. A change in such critical fashion should give players the opportunity to either renew their contract or null it. Bubu originally signed on to be represented by E6, not MM. Just my .02.

Yes, essentially being great friends and/or having a financial relationship with the selected manager could allow a single player to control a league spot regardless of how players intend to split.

I don't even see how this is a loophole, just a dumbass ruling that runs counter to the spirit of the rule.

Some would call this...a conflict of interest  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Vivi says there should be a vote to keep or dump a manager (likely in the transfer period). That didn't happen according to Shooter. This should null the roster submitted by Showtime until a vote had happened with him staying on.

The contracts were, I'm assuming, purchased by MoneyMatches from E6. A change in such critical fashion should give players the opportunity to either renew their contract or null it. Bubu originally signed on to be represented by E6, not MM. Just my .02.

it takes a majority of the team to change the manager. So I guess bubu, shooter, and suspector could have applied for a new manager.

But they shouldn't have to if there is a 2-1-1 split. The manager shouldn't even come into play, because their is only one pair.

And really, with the amount of control managers have what difference would it make? According to this ruling, Showtime could have shown the roster as being Bubu and Cratos as soon as the transfer period started, and we'd have the same result.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can stand the map settings, the format of pro league, even if it's not what I want to see. But this kind of thing is unacceptable.

Not watching this "E6" squad is not a option for me, I want to see every game they play, because I will be very happy if they get destroyed by everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how people are still talking about the E6 situation.....like it's going to change.

lmao

343/ESL/HCS aren't reversing anything, it's over.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can stand the map settings, the format of pro league, even if it's not what I want to see. But this kind of thing is unacceptable.

Not watching this "E6" squad is not a option for me, I want to see every game they play, because I will be very happy if they get destroyed by everyone.

Maybe responding to them by giving them views isn't the best idea. I don't want to give them reasons to think they saved Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The manager of the team is responsible for submitting any and all roster changes to the League. Any changes made without the manager is a violation of League rules and will be treated as such.

If Nick Laskaras, manager of the HCS Pro League team Enigma6, submits a roster consisting of Cratos, bubu dubu and 2 additional players, that is officially the Enigma6 roster. If a player then contests that it is not the roster, and that one of the two original members (Cratos and bubu dubu) is leaving the team, it would fall under the rule “Player Leaving”.

Can someone clarify this for me? Surely it can't be true that any manager can claim any player they want, and that the player claimed will then be punished for contesting it. Surely I must be misunderstanding something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone clarify this for me? Surely it can't be true that any manager can claim any player they want, and that the player claimed will then be punished for contesting it. Surely I must be misunderstanding something.

No thats pretty much it, makes absolutely 0 sense.

Come on ESL turn on your brains, giving Cratos the pro seed cause Showtime tried to abduct bubu, this is a new level of idiocy.

Told you.

Bullshit loophole

if you loved halo with the passion you hate Cratos you would actually been top 8 in last worlds and made some money so you are not permanently angry with yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 44

if you loved halo with the passion you hate Cratos you would actually been top 8 in last worlds and made some money so you are not permanently angry with yourself.

ignore it guys.

IGNORE IT

DON'T VALIDATE IT

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know people are pissed at 343/esl for allowing the E6 situation to occur, I am as well,  but I don't think anyone (343/esl or pro players) would have thought someone would do something that shitty. Its such a giant noticeable loophole and power that a team manager has,  that no one saw it. It is a mistake by 343/esl but ill still enjoy this season and watching some AM teams wreck Cratos' "Pro team" and I expect ESL to address the loop hole.

I know people are pissed at 343/esl for allowing the E6 situation to occur, I am as well,  but I don't think anyone (343/esl or pro players) would have thought someone would do something that shitty. Its such a giant noticeable loophole and power that a team manager has,  that no one saw it. It is a mistake by 343/esl but ill still enjoy this season and watching some AM teams wreck Cratos' "Pro team" and I expect ESL to address the loop hole.

I think we all expect them to address it now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please don't allow two children acting wildly unprofessionally and unethically to make a mockery of the beginning of HWC season. It's a clear and obvious exploitation of a nonsensical set of rules that arguably isn't even legal based on another set of rules (I remain unconvinced after hearing your explanation that what has occurred is actually within the rules). You're part of a corporation that's being played by a boy that has a history of being unethical (at best) and doing things that are detrimental to the scene and its players. 

ESL can very easily make a decision to stand up for the integrity of Halo and HWC and do what's right, and it saddens me that they've once again decided to walk the path of punishing the victims of this garbage behavior. 

I am disgusted. 

Posts like this make us look like a toxic community. One that would drive away an upstanding org like E6 who only cares about family and jets.

NOW WE HAVE NO MORE PRIVATE JETS  :angry:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is just remarkable. .Altho it's very unlikely that ESL will do something about this.
They should atleast adjust these rules so that this situation won't happen again in the near future.

Apparently Loyalty, respect and family goes away when E6 leaves Halo. Coincidence, I don't think so.  :kappa: