CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll ignore the rest of your post, since i don't want to flame back and forth about whether criticizing an obviously flawed process (and the handling of said process) is okay. I've posted enough of my thoughts though. Not much else to say at this point.

The only thing required for this is 1) team has a manager 2) player leaves 3) manager submits fraudulent roster. It's really not as unique or complicated as you're making it out to be. I've generally been supportive of 343 and ESL, but I'm allowed to go in the other direction as well.

*Complaining about toxicity while calling someone an "enormous fucking pleb" and going on a relatively lengthy rant is.... ironic

Difference is I wasn't doing it with an esl employee

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Can someone briefly explain the situation so that I don't have to go back and read everything?

Showtime submitted a team for the old e6 seed which included Bubu, allowing them to retain the seed in spite of them knowing they weren't teaming.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe this is simply what the HCS Council decided was the correct outcome. 

lol 

THIS is why we are known as the toxic community.

Quit attacking and publicly shaming an esl offical. That came here in an attempt to clear this up. (he did not have to do so)

He is not even close to being solely responsible for this. 

I don't think anyone could have foresaw the events that transpired.

Hell 90% of the pro's weren't aware that this was even possible. Thats how many unique situations need to happen for this to take place.

Audley wasn't aware, coaches weren't aware, noone was aware that this could take place. They found a loophole, these things happen.

We should be grateful that they interact with us.

And you have the audacity to try and publicly shame him when you yourself are in no fucking way affected at all by this.

The pro's are not even doing this.

So shut the fuck up you enormous pleb. 

How are we shaming vivi at all? Saying we don't like ESL's ruling has nothing to do with vivi.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fair play to Vivi for walking into the lions' den to explain the rule, but I'm surprised there doesn't appear to be an appeals process. Bubu and Shooter have been horribly misrepresented; what is their recourse to appeal this outcome?

Not only have E6 gamed the system, they've embarrassed the professional Halo scene; is it not within ESL's power to exercise some discretion here? I can't imagine anyone at ESL/HWC reviewing this situation and thinking, "ah, yes, this is how we intended these rules to be interpreted".

My view is, yes E6/Cratos have followed the ruling as it exists today, so - like it or not - those players keep their pro seed, but let's update that rule for next season; however, since the rule has had an intended consequence, grant Bubu and Shooter an exception and allow them to keep a pro seed, too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Look, loopholes exist, it's part of life. But there's nothing stopping whoever is in charge to literally just change the ownership of the seed. The fact that this hasn't happened, and instead we just get an explanation from Vivi about how it happened, perplexes me.

JUST FIX IT

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey all, quick post to hopefully clarify the situation that has been the hot topic since the Waypoint article.

Regarding the Enigma6 roster currently holding 1 active player from the Fall 2016 season: multiple rules came into effect that allows the roster of Cratos, Naded, Str8 Sick and Nemassist to maintain a position in the HCS Pro League, but all actions were within league rules and are in line with past rulings.

The manager of the team is responsible for submitting any and all roster changes to the League. Any changes made without the manager is a violation of League rules and will be treated as such.

If Nick Laskaras, manager of the HCS Pro League team Enigma6, submits a roster consisting of Cratos, bubu dubu and 2 additional players, that is officially the Enigma6 roster. If a player then contests that it is not the roster, and that one of the two original members (Cratos and bubu dubu) is leaving the team, it would fall under the rule “Player Leaving”.

In previous situations of a player leaving a team, the team has been allowed to replace the player without or with a reduced penalty and the player is then ineligible to compete in the Pro League for a period of time. Now, the HWC is not entirely an HCS event and should not be treated as such, and therefore rather than facing a period of ineligibility, the penalty would be tied to the eligibility to receive seeding points throughout a portion of the qualifying process. Enigma6, following past precedent in the League, will be allowed to replace bubu dubu and retain their position in the league, as well as their top 8 seed for the UGC St. Louis Qualifier.

This follows the policy of roster changes being submitted and controlled by the team’s manager, as well as treating the situation in a similar manner to players leaving teams in the past.

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

As the HCS Pro League continues and develops, the rules of the league will continue to be refined and developed as well. We will be addressing a number of concerns discussed by Pro League players and teams during this off-season, and will be reaching out to the Pro League teams for feedback and review of substantial changes. The best league is formed when the top players and organizations are able to play a part in the development of rules, and we are excited to continue to produce the best Halo league possible.

Thanks for posting this - I am glad that the E6 roster worked with ESL to make sure this was done the correct way. 

However, I think most (if not all) can agree that this situation is not optimal. One solution would be to simply require all players + team manager of said team to confirm the roster via email. This may be a tad more tedious than the previous process, but it will prevent players from being screwed over and improve the integrity of the league. 

Roster periods seem to be a double edged sword in Halo. They are great and fun to watch from an outside POV, but as a player at the highest level, these situations seem like hell. Especially when someone such as a "team manager" can hold so much power.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was pretty upset about the whole Stellur situation, but this is next level incompetence. @@Vivi I'm glad you took the time to come in here and explain the situation, but that explanation is one of the most idiotic corporate "not my problem" throwaways I've ever read. Anyone who has dealt with or knows Bubu knows he's one of the nicest people in the scene who got caught up in this whole E6 nonsense with Cratos. He finally decided to stop carrying that fucking carcass through tournaments and leagues and what do those fucking pancakes (thanks Frank) do? Cleary screw him over for having the balls to walk away from Casa Cratos. How is it that your rules allow for this type of thing to happen? Are you guys just going to blindly follow the rules that you've made up as you went along this whole time? Hell we don't even have the rulebook for HWC 2017. I know the hoops that we had to go through for one rulebook.

People talk about player strikes all the time and whatever. This is the only time I think its been warranted. Don't play your games. Make them look as dumb as they are.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Cratos e6 said they transferred the contracts but not to whom. Who gained ownership?

From tweets it seems it was MoneyMatches.

Tbh there is nothing 343/ESL can do in this situation. From what I am reading cratos team just did something smart/well played to keep the seed (even though I do not agree). I'm sure the rule will be fixed in the future. The only issue I see with all of this is just how they were acting about the whole situation. If they were acting properly I wouldn't even be blaming them or look at them any differently. Going into Str8 sicks stream and seeing them mocking bubu and his squad was just sad to witness. Just the way things go when we are still in the somewhat early stages of running a league.

Does anyone have a link to the mockery part?

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

I have to say, knowing  BUBU was involved during this  "process" helps a lot , He handled himself extremely well and was willing to give up a lot to go his own way.It must have been Hard knowing that they were going to keep the team using the rules, and he and shooter would have to go their own way, and still scrimming like a professional the whole time over the last few days. I am just glad he knew ahead of time that the  manager and other guy were going to do this,   and he  made his decisions with all the facts in front of him. 

I wonder how many days ago Bubu made the decision to give up his spot on Pro league, HWC seeding, and possibly throw away his elegibility for summer pro league. And yet he acted like a true professional the whole time. Go BUBU!

wait so doesnt this screw over bubu and shooter and alg and 2gres team, and every other top am team?

instead of fighting cratos' team for that 8th seed, they have to fight bubu and shooters team, which is pretty accepted to be the tougher roster.

so the quality of competition is lowered in the pro scene. sad!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope Bubu, Shooter and company meet cratos team and drop a hot 3-0 on them at UGC. Just shit on them so hard.

You know that giant pile of Triceritops turd from Jurassic Park?

Like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have to say, knowing BUBU was involved during this "process" helps a lot , He handled himself extremely well and was willing to give up a lot to go his own way.It must have been Hard knowing that they were going to keep the team using the rules, and he and shooter would have to go their own way, and still scrimming like a professional the whole time over the last few days. I am just glad he knew ahead of time that the manager and other guy were going to do this, and he made his decisions with all the facts in front of him.

I wonder how many days ago Bubu made the decision to give up his spot on Pro league, HWC seeding, and possibly throw away his elegibility for summer pro league. And yet he acted like a true professional the whole time. Go BUBU!

lol Showtime created an account to put the spotlight away from him?

Seriously though fuck that Showtime kid

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to say, knowing BUBU was involved during this "process" helps a lot , He handled himself extremely well and was willing to give up a lot to go his own way.It must have been Hard knowing that they were going to keep the team using the rules, and he and shooter would have to go their own way, and still scrimming like a professional the whole time over the last few days. I am just glad he knew ahead of time that the manager and other guy were going to do this, and he made his decisions with all the facts in front of him.

Lets not forget about the other 3 guys on that team (especially shooter as the other half of the duo) and give them all props for being professional too.

Lets not forget about the other 3 guys on that team (especially shooter as the other half of the duo) and give them all props for being professional too.

You are correct, Props to all 4 of them. Its just that they used Bubu  to keep their seed, so the conversation naturally tends to Bubu

• Upvote (+1) 1