FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Gamesmanship is one thing, but getting between someone and their livelihood is crossing a line. If Bubu is DQ'd from worlds or pro league than that's fucking over him, his teammates and any org that mightve represented them.

While I agree the rule is kinda silly, I don't think ESL accounted for shitty players like Cratos and Showtime. I think the blame should be put more so on the people who found the loophole and took advantage of it rather than being good sports.

There's no way this "business decision" was done without malice and ill-intent.

• Upvote (+1) 6

While I agree the rule is kinda silly, I don't think ESL accounted for shitty players like Cratos and Showtime. I think the blame should be put more so on the people who found the loophole and took advantage of it rather than being good sports.

The rules make sense on paper, but they are being exploited for the worse by shitty people. ESL has changed rules mid-season before, they should do it now. Immediately.

The manager role was (I imagine) intended to be a backseat decision maker, or a tie-breaker vote if two duos within a team wanted to fight over the team's seed. Giving a manager the power to ruin a pro player's season is just silly.

If this was an org/contract situation, then it would be an entirely different scenario, but Shooter claimed Enigma6 dipped before this whole debacle, which puts the blame solely on Cratos and Showtime.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The rule makes no sense at all, and I absolutely hold ESL accountable. The manager should only come into play in the event of a Pro League team splitting into two even teams of 2. Then the manager would decide which team of 2 holds the seed. ESL should look at the rosters as they are when rosters are locked and say, "Oh bubu and Shooter are still teaming, Cratos has no former team members with him, bubu and Shooter have the seed." What the manager says should not be taken into account at all otherwise. It's irrelevant. 

NV or Optic's manager could have said, "oh they're breaking up and forfeiting their seed" even though the team has no intention of doing so, and ESL would have said, "alright! You lose your seed!"

This decision doesn't just screw over bubu and Shooter. If they knew weeks ago what they know now, it could have potentially affected multiple other teams. They might have decided to stick with Roybox or whoever else they scrimmed with just to maintain a seed, or they might not have teamed together at all.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Optic 8-5 Str8 is the final score of that scrim.

Awesome for Str8 considering they started out down 0-5

https://clips.twitch.tv/cntra/BreakableMosquitoPeteZarollTie

look at contras expressions lol.

pEVpFUX.gif

No surprise since they have some of the most toxic Halo Pros on each team.

ALG is Bubu, Falcated, Shooter, Shotzzy........ wut? Edit: I'm an idiot

I mean I could be wrong and maybe one of the players could confirm, but bubu being under contract or not doesn't stop showtime from sending in an email saying he is on their team. The manager has all of the power in that situation(which I dont think any pro team knew until now). Bubu could have been under contract with another org and they still could have done the exact same thing. From what I am hearing orgs have nothing to do with what happened with the seed. 

But is this not a giant fucking red flag? Hypothetically, can I do the same then, as long as I submit my roster before a pro team?

I'd like to announce my HWC roster @Vivi and this better fucking count! It's in writing. Honestly, I hope you and @Tashi/343 think long and hard about ever letting Showtime touch competitive Halo again. He's now blatantly cheated and made a mockery of the scene twice.

Team Stoleyabish

CharlesSharkley

ZOla x HunterZ

Huke

Snakebite

• Upvote (+1) 6

ALG is Bubu, Falcated, Shooter, Shotzzy........ wut?

ALG is now Spartan, Danoxide, Commonly, Suspector.

Within the Transfer Period, which concluded at midnight last night. 

Honestly Vivi you should be embarrassed that you even tried to pretend your explanation was reasonable.

"Within the rules?" sure... but that's because your rules were set up horribly. You just came here to "clear things up" by confirming that the team manager can fabricate a team roster at no penalty to himself. That's shameful. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Honestly Vivi you should be embarrassed that you even tried to pretend your explanation was reasonable.

"Within the rules?" sure... but that's because your rules were set up horribly. You just came here to "clear things up" by confirming that the team manager can fabricate a team roster at no penalty to himself. That's shameful. 

THIS is why we are known as the toxic community.

Quit attacking and publicly shaming an esl offical. That came here in an attempt to clear this up. (he did not have to do so)

He is not even close to being solely responsible for this. 

I don't think anyone could have foresaw the events that transpired.

Hell 90% of the pro's weren't aware that this was even possible. Thats how many unique situations need to happen for this to take place.

Audley wasn't aware, coaches weren't aware, noone was aware that this could take place. They found a loophole, these things happen.

We should be grateful that they interact with us.

And you have the audacity to try and publicly shame him when you yourself are in no fucking way affected at all by this.

The pro's are not even doing this.

So shut the fuck up you enormous pleb. 

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 22

This is pathetic. If this is allowed and seen as an acceptable outcome then whoever created these rules is totally disregarding the well being of the players inside of their own league. Its not remotely acceptable. 

We should be grateful that they interact with us.

Can you be kind and clarify why we, as consumers, should be grateful when a provider makes a official statement here? And why we as consumers are toxic when expressing our disappointment with "the product"?

I am the first to give credit for transparency and open communication but as a consumer I will not be grateful for that.

Regarding this mess it just killed my hype with 90 %. Drama is fine, but this is just bad for Halo esport and that is depressing. We don´t need this now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whilst it sucks that that ESL didn't realise there was a loophole present*, IMO the ones we should really be directing our anger at is Showtime and Cratos for abusing the loophole.

*They should absolutely change the rules so that this doesn't happen again though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wrote out a whole ramble on my feelings towards this. But I deleted it all because it was essentially just a rant.

Ive no words. The integrity of your rules and competitions are just borderline silly now. I hope higher ups are looking into this asap because regardless of the evidence, Showtime and Cratos have made you look silly twice now and once again the innocent people have to cop the schnitty end of the stick.

All the best to Bubu and co, and I really do hope this is a one off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This e6 situation is what is killing halo. Ban showtime from esl/hwc events for the love of god. I won't be watching anything halo related until bubus team holds a pro spot over naded and the scum bags

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can someone briefly explain the situation so that I don't have to go back and read everything?

The AM scene takes a hit from this too, we can kind of guess whos going to come out on top.

This whole thing has been a disaster lol

This is fucked up....but atleast we get to watch bubu shottzy fal amd shooter tmmrw!

Bubus team if you guys are reading this.

It fully sucks for you guys but the entire halo community is behind you guys. Everyone liked your team before all this but now you guys are the ultimate under dogs and we are all hoping you guys have huge success!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4