CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IN AZKABAN THE HCS THREADS.

I had to rewatch it quickly just to see if it was 12 years and I was about to edit in the same thing  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

These settings are everything we wanted except the one thing everyone deluded themselves into thinking was coming. These will play so much better.

This. Did many people think they would actually just remove radar all of a sudden? I feel like there would need to be pro player polls again and significant testing for that to even be considered. 

Edit: Not because I'm opposed to no radar, but because it's a big change and I just don't see 343/ESL making that sized change quickly. 

I'd like to see abilities only radar tested if it's possible. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

For people throwing a fit about Radar... y'all are batshit insane (for the wrong reasons).

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added
  • Splinters per map no longer exceed 4 and are placed in deficit positions
  • Some maps have Splinters removed entirely
  • Truth only has one automatic in a terrible location on a Tier 2 timer
  • Fathom CTF improved to reduce low scoring games
  • Power weapons reduced across the board
  • Plaza and Rig have small tweaks that will revolutionize Slayer on those maps

I get that we don't like Radar but for the first time we are juggling universal settings, mixed Pro Player opinions, and additional issues as well. If you genuinely think that Radar trumps all of the things I just listed, I don't know what to say. Quinn said they are approaching the radar issue and it'll be taken care of, but for fuck sake these settings are fantastic and Ghost should be praised to no end.

I'm stoked for the silenced ARs myself.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

i love most every change here outside of radar. but why do we have needler on rig? i honestly dont get it after we had to get it removed from regret

There is actually a big misconception with tracking weapons as people tend to believe that they 'aim for you'. While their aim assist/reticle bubbles are larger than precision weapons, they require a different layer of thinking in terms of strafing, leading shots, and spacing. Plus, the Needler is pretty weak so it isn't the end of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no doubt everything that Ghost does for the game is positive. I also have no doubt he is handcuffed and blindfolded while making those changes. If ghost was given complete control we would have literally 0 issues. Quinn is the reason we have sprint/abilities and radar. It's been over a year. Completely pathetic.

This is what bothers me the most honestly. Before H5 came we had Josh Holmes on the forums saying that major changes (he actually said sprint if pros hated it, ha) could come to settings after HWC 2016. It has been an entire year and all they have done is essentially move stuff around the maps, and remove a few things now. That is a joke when the settings are far from optimal, and they have a separate casual playlist now. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

For people throwing a fit about Radar... y'all are batshit insane (for the wrong reasons).

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added
I get that we don't like Radar but for the first time we are juggling universal settings, mixed Pro Player opinions, and additional issues as well. If you genuinely think that Radar trumps all of the things I just listed, I don't know what to say. Quinn said they are approaching the radar issue and it'll be taken care of, but for fuck sake these settings are fantastic and Ghost should be praised to no end.
1. I don't really see people here arguing against stuff like removing the saw and the fuel rod. Radar gets attention/controversy in part because a significant amount of people disagree with the need of its removal. Differing opinions = debates = more posts. Stuff like auto starts and storm rifles all over the maps are argued about or at least complained about as much or almost as much as no radar

2. In a sense radar trumps many of those things because it is omnipresent. Things like fuel rods and saws (while heinous) are only on some maps; radar is on every map at every moment.

3. Praising good things about the settings and pointing out obvious problems are not mutually exclusive actions.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I had to rewatch it quickly just to see if it was 12 years and I was about to edit in the same thing  :laughing:

CURIOUSLY LONG LIFESPAN FOR AN ORDINARY HOUSE RAT COMPETITIVE SETTING.

Hermione_eye_roll.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

13 months in, radar is still being used in HCS for the new season, there goes some of the hype and hope I had. Oh well.

nV top 1.

• Upvote (+1) 5

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added

These are all good changes. But all of them combined still do not make up for keeping radar. It completely ruins this game competitively. How anyone is blind to this is beyond me. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

See responses from @@Moa and @@Infinity who pretty much covered it.

Map balance is much improved in those notes.

And again, improved doesn't mean perfect.

Improved doesn't mean good either.

And that'll be my last post about the settings.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So we all trying to get the new community guy to forums and when he makes his first post, we call him an idiot couple of pages later. Way to go.

I didn't see the idiot part. Obviously that's a stupid thing to do. I'm very happy the community guy is here talking/lurking. Calling him an idiot wouldn't just be dumb but wrong. I honestly didn't see that part of the post or I looked at the wrong post or maybe he edited his post. Thank you for calling me out on that you're right if that's the case.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only change I really disagree with is rockets replacing rail on rig. That makes no sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Only change I really disagree with is rockets replacing rail on rig. That makes no sense. 

Agreed. I liked Rail on Rig personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agreed. I liked Rail on Rig personally. 

CC: @@Bxrz

The Railgun and SPNKr are actually pretty interchangeable IMO. Looks like they wanted to maintain a power weapon presence on The Rig while reducing snowball potential. If you think the Railgun is more balanced, share your feedback!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I actually like radar and believe it actually adds a skill-gap to the game in the manipulation of it.  Without it you can sprint around more carelessly and just wait to be back smacked or back someone of your own.  That is an obvious generalization but it is the basic point of my opinion.  Opinion.

Apparently we neg for opinions when they're not even shit-posts  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

The 7 Horcruxes of Halo 5

1. Radar
  2. Sprint
  3. Spartan Abilities
  4. Splinter Grenade
  5. Automatic Weapons
  6. Fuel Rod on Truth
  7. No LAN support

We're never gonna kill Voldemort man 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Eh, I still think that any team hoping to consistently challenge Optic NEEDS to have at least as much or very close to as much raw gunskill as them. nV has that. Denial had that with Contra/Dev/Huke/Bubu. Who would you possibly add that would improve nV in both the objective department and the gunskill department?

Snakebite  :simms:

But outside of OG, if we look purely at stats (which I know don't tell the whole story, but it's something), Shooter and Penguin both had good/decent KDs and good Objective stats. Commonly would also be an option imo, but a bit more of a stretch. All those pros had comparable KD's over the course of the last season to some nV players, but significantly better objective stats overall. Obviously there are numerous intangibles that play a part in lineup decisions as well, but I spend a lot of time looking at stats throughout the HCS seasons, so it makes me ask these questions  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1