CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have not been under contract with E6 since I joined Allegiance for the fall season of pro league. Neither was Ayden. Jesse and Carlos were still under contract, and technically, they could've forced Jesse and Carlos to team, but that is not what happened here. E6 did not want to get involved with this and told us we needed to handle it

Is your team playing in the seeding tournament tomorrow?

True, but Vivi is saying we voted on it, which is not true

how would you know if we voted on it if you weren't on the team when we started the season?
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 46

Hey all, quick post to hopefully clarify the situation that has been the hot topic since the Waypoint article.

I thought this post had been ignored until I saw the war going on in the rep for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So 1 Pro + 1 Manager has more power than 2 Pros from the exact same team.

And the former group also has the power to obliterate one of the others' seeds.

Lovely.

What if Showtime bought the contracts from e6? E6 statement said they transferred the contracts (cratos/bubu) but transferred them to whom?

@@Cratos what you guys did is legal. But do you find it ethical? Is it fair? I Know you don[t care what the community thinks of you. But screwing over other pros can[t feel good can it? At this point I only see you competing for money.  You may have come out on top this time but this continuous shady business won't leave many people on your side and options may run out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean it wasn't your choice to make anyways so typing this is besides the point

Cratos is screwing a team out of a spot but it's still hilarious because his team will still amount to nothing in Worlds/Next Season.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I watched Worlds last year along with all the qualifiers each weekend. I'm based in the UK and was wondering if you can actually buy tickets to the qualifiers etc, specifically for the UK ones happening Feb 17-19. Sorry if this topic has already been brought up or a link has already been posted. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

In the future when managers wish they had a little more say and control in decision-making and roster moves with 343/ESL/HCS, they can all thank Showtime for the precedent set over this situation. Managers are about to be stripped of all their power.

A lifetime ban for Showtime from competing/coaching/managing in Halo would be fitting, IMO. He can go to COD with E6.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I watched Worlds last year along with all the qualifiers each weekend. I'm based in the UK and was wondering if you can actually buy tickets to the qualifiers etc, specifically for the UK ones happening Feb 17-19. Sorry if this topic has already been brought up or a link has already been posted. Thanks.

Should be on Gfinitys homepage but they doesn´t seem to have been released yet:

https://www.gfinity.net/news/details/halo-world-championship-returns-to-gfinity-in-2017

Try to tweet @SamVanTilburgh about details...he is the marketing guy at Gfinity.

https://twitter.com/samvantilburgh

Hey all, quick post to hopefully clarify the situation that has been the hot topic since the Waypoint article.

Regarding the Enigma6 roster currently holding 1 active player from the Fall 2016 season: multiple rules came into effect that allows the roster of Cratos, Naded, Str8 Sick and Nemassist to maintain a position in the HCS Pro League, but all actions were within league rules and are in line with past rulings.

The manager of the team is responsible for submitting any and all roster changes to the League. Any changes made without the manager is a violation of League rules and will be treated as such.

If Nick Laskaras, manager of the HCS Pro League team Enigma6, submits a roster consisting of Cratos, bubu dubu and 2 additional players, that is officially the Enigma6 roster. If a player then contests that it is not the roster, and that one of the two original members (Cratos and bubu dubu) is leaving the team, it would fall under the rule “Player Leaving”.

In previous situations of a player leaving a team, the team has been allowed to replace the player without or with a reduced penalty and the player is then ineligible to compete in the Pro League for a period of time. Now, the HWC is not entirely an HCS event and should not be treated as such, and therefore rather than facing a period of ineligibility, the penalty would be tied to the eligibility to receive seeding points throughout a portion of the qualifying process. Enigma6, following past precedent in the League, will be allowed to replace bubu dubu and retain their position in the league, as well as their top 8 seed for the UGC St. Louis Qualifier.

This follows the policy of roster changes being submitted and controlled by the team’s manager, as well as treating the situation in a similar manner to players leaving teams in the past.

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

As the HCS Pro League continues and develops, the rules of the league will continue to be refined and developed as well. We will be addressing a number of concerns discussed by Pro League players and teams during this off-season, and will be reaching out to the Pro League teams for feedback and review of substantial changes. The best league is formed when the top players and organizations are able to play a part in the development of rules, and we are excited to continue to produce the best Halo league possible.

I see.

So the disrespect and vitriol is as often to place on you guys and your rules that make no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 3