CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have a question. When was the "E6" roster submitted by Showtime?

Within the Transfer Period, which concluded at midnight last night. 

Within the Transfer Period, which concluded at midnight last night. 

And what is your opinion on E6 dropping their team immediately afterwards, showing they had no intention of holding their players to their contracts? This is them intentionally tampering with the league's structure to favour the guy that they like better.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So what you're saying is one team manager is entirely responsible for holding the team's seed?

The team split up into a duo and two singles, with their manager following one solo player. You are putting literally all of the power into the hands of a team manager, who is not an org owner, who has no contract to hold over the other players, and saying he is the one who gets to decide who holds the pro seed? Why does the seed not follow the majority of the players?

This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. This is Showtime AGAIN getting away with blatantly breaking league rules (previously by logging into Stellur's account) and you guys again are punishing the victims in this case.

Enigma 6 is treated poorly because they have assholes for owners. No fans in any game they compete in like them because they repeatedly act out and then play the victim card afterwards.

The way the info is, e6 did that by giving Showtime control of the contracts before they left the scene. Had e6 terminated all contracts and left the players to do as they please, none of this happens. However when you sign contracts things like this can happen. Bubu and shooter were never "free agents"

And what is your opinion on E6 dropping their team immediately afterwards, showing they had no intention of holding their players to their contracts? This is them intentionally tampering with the league's structure to favour the guy that they like better.

Managers are agreed upon by both the players and the organization, when a team is signed to an org. When the team was released by Enigma6, the players on the team were again given the opportunity to vote on a new manager, as teams are able to do so when they change organizations. The players once again voted for Nick to remain as manager. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 30

Does anyone have the date of when Bubu and shooter left E6 unofficially? I feel like this was early on. The way I see it is if Bubu and shooter had already unofficially left the team and then Showtime submitted the team then it is unethical . If it happened where he submitted it super early just In case Bubu/shooter left then it is also unethical and super shady. .

Edit: didn't know they had submitted their roster last night. Yeah its super shady

At least Bubu didn't get 5% taken like stellur for participating in these matters. Lying about a roster on purpose when everyone knows that's not the roster, and being rewarded with a seed over 2 people that stuck together to keep it is just really disappointing. I guess pick your managers right and you'll never have to worry.

Is your manager royal1?

Not if I have anything to say about it, I'm emailing asking for my mom to be manager I'm not getting screwed over any time soon.

Canadians are trustworthy though!

Bubu has to be one of the nicest kids in this scene. I've literally followed the kid since he stream sniped Formal and Heinz in 2011. I'm pissed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey all, quick post to hopefully clarify the situation that has been the hot topic since the Waypoint article.

Regarding the Enigma6 roster currently holding 1 active player from the Fall 2016 season: multiple rules came into effect that allows the roster of Cratos, Naded, Str8 Sick and Nemassist to maintain a position in the HCS Pro League, but all actions were within league rules and are in line with past rulings.

The manager of the team is responsible for submitting any and all roster changes to the League. Any changes made without the manager is a violation of League rules and will be treated as such.

If Nick Laskaras, manager of the HCS Pro League team Enigma6, submits a roster consisting of Cratos, bubu dubu and 2 additional players, that is officially the Enigma6 roster. If a player then contests that it is not the roster, and that one of the two original members (Cratos and bubu dubu) is leaving the team, it would fall under the rule “Player Leaving”.

In previous situations of a player leaving a team, the team has been allowed to replace the player without or with a reduced penalty and the player is then ineligible to compete in the Pro League for a period of time. Now, the HWC is not entirely an HCS event and should not be treated as such, and therefore rather than facing a period of ineligibility, the penalty would be tied to the eligibility to receive seeding points throughout a portion of the qualifying process. Enigma6, following past precedent in the League, will be allowed to replace bubu dubu and retain their position in the league, as well as their top 8 seed for the UGC St. Louis Qualifier.

This follows the policy of roster changes being submitted and controlled by the team’s manager, as well as treating the situation in a similar manner to players leaving teams in the past.

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

As the HCS Pro League continues and develops, the rules of the league will continue to be refined and developed as well. We will be addressing a number of concerns discussed by Pro League players and teams during this off-season, and will be reaching out to the Pro League teams for feedback and review of substantial changes. The best league is formed when the top players and organizations are able to play a part in the development of rules, and we are excited to continue to produce the best Halo league possible.

I would imagine that bubu and shooter would disagree as everyone assumed they held the e6 seed as a to2. the fact that there is no rule against this only shows that this situation was not considered when making the rules and does not take away from the shadiness of it. a manager and player knowingly submitted a false roster forcing the to2 that should the seed to relinquish their seed.

this shows 2 things. 1) the rule should be changed now and bubu's team should have the seed. lack of rule or not, you can't allow a team to benefit from lying to the organizer with the intention of harming former teammates. 2) pro points must be implemented for summer league to avoid an confusion on seeding whatsover. we can't be taken seriously if we're running into and allowing situations such as this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow I'm garbage at this. We never agreed on Showtime being our manager. Cratos chose him before summer pro league and we never thought too much of it because we didn't realize how much power the manager actually has. Since then we have never again had another vote on who our manager was suppose to be. It has always been Showtime

I mean it wasn't your choice to make anyways so typing this is besides the point
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 89

Well.... I have no idea what Org would take on Cratos' squad. Denial maybe?

That seems to be a god fit.