CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fantastic night, str8 sicks stream was beyond (lol) LIT

Oh, E6 left Halo? Only time you will see me celebrate a org leaving.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In other news, NV 9-4 eg

It's annoying how good NV is. When eg focused on slaying in obj they did well. They end up desperating so much it always fucks them after promising starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this is gonna sound messed up but if Naded decided to retire and just focus on streaming H5/MCC I would be happy for him, I think right now he would enjoy doing that a lot more.

idk I mean he said he would do that after leaving optic but nothing really came of it. I think he wants to have a big stream and youtube presence but he doesn't enjoy h5 that much so there's a limit to how much he can grind it.

I leave Halo for 3 hours to watch Inglorious Basterds (2009) for the first time (great movie for those who haven't seen) and this is what it becomes? I really have to watch over more often. 

This is like high school all over again with the drama. :bman:

Um I'm still fighting that good fight. With much success I might add. 

the whole thing with showtime/cratos/whoever signing in for stellur blew over in a few days on here. the same will probably be true of this whole thing. 

i just remember asking on here what incentive bubu would have to continue teaming with cratos after last season, and being told it was because of friendship. 

i know business is business, but i just don't get this. 

I have a feeling this whole situation is gonna bracket fuck some team and screw them out of worlds.

Naded just said on str8s stream: 

Naded: after hearing more from multiple sources including ESL it sounds like it was a business decision on @Cratosayala part to keep a seed rather than to give it up for free, I thought both teams were going to get a seed but from what I heard Connor from ALG did not want to submit a roster and then change it after st louis in order for them to have the ALG seed, so just because Connor didnt want to do that I think Cratos decided to make a business decision to keep the seed within the rules

Looks like he isnt retiring 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I didn't know dan and naded hated each other at all.

Nah I think he's particularly annoyed about the whole E6 controversy. They talked about it vaguely as they were waiting for Naded to rejoin (he never did).

Nah I think he's particularly annoyed about the whole E6 controversy. They talked about it vaguely as they were waiting for Naded to rejoin (he never did).

Well i know they aren't like enemies or something, but I thought they were big friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well i know they aren't like enemies or something, but I thought they were big friends.

I agree. It's all speculation, but I'd imagine something bad happened before/after they split.

Fuck I wanted to go look at str8 sicks vod to see when Optic started stream sniping but it's sub only.  :mj:  

There was no way Naded was actually going to go through with his whole " I'll retire if there's shady shit going on" especially when Worlds is right around the corner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Submitting a FALSE roster should in no way be considered a "business decision." A roster verification system really needs to be implemented moving forward so that the HCS won't have to encounter this predicament in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hey all, quick post to hopefully clarify the situation that has been the hot topic since the Waypoint article.

Regarding the Enigma6 roster currently holding 1 active player from the Fall 2016 season: multiple rules came into effect that allows the roster of Cratos, Naded, Str8 Sick and Nemassist to maintain a position in the HCS Pro League, but all actions were within league rules and are in line with past rulings.

The manager of the team is responsible for submitting any and all roster changes to the League. Any changes made without the manager is a violation of League rules and will be treated as such.

If Nick Laskaras, manager of the HCS Pro League team Enigma6, submits a roster consisting of Cratos, bubu dubu and 2 additional players, that is officially the Enigma6 roster. If a player then contests that it is not the roster, and that one of the two original members (Cratos and bubu dubu) is leaving the team, it would fall under the rule “Player Leaving”.

In previous situations of a player leaving a team, the team has been allowed to replace the player without or with a reduced penalty and the player is then ineligible to compete in the Pro League for a period of time. Now, the HWC is not entirely an HCS event and should not be treated as such, and therefore rather than facing a period of ineligibility, the penalty would be tied to the eligibility to receive seeding points throughout a portion of the qualifying process. Enigma6, following past precedent in the League, will be allowed to replace bubu dubu and retain their position in the league, as well as their top 8 seed for the UGC St. Louis Qualifier.

This follows the policy of roster changes being submitted and controlled by the team’s manager, as well as treating the situation in a similar manner to players leaving teams in the past.

The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League.

As the HCS Pro League continues and develops, the rules of the league will continue to be refined and developed as well. We will be addressing a number of concerns discussed by Pro League players and teams during this off-season, and will be reaching out to the Pro League teams for feedback and review of substantial changes. The best league is formed when the top players and organizations are able to play a part in the development of rules, and we are excited to continue to produce the best Halo league possible.

• Upvote (+1) 21
  • Downvote (-1) 83

Submitting a FALSE roster should in no way be considered a "business decision." A roster verification system really needs to be implemented moving forward so that the HCS won't have to encounter this predicament in the future.

There's nothing they can do until contracts are terminated. Shooter and bubu were still on the team and the org could do what they wanted
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1