CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I actually like radar and believe it actually adds a skill-gap to the game in the manipulation of it.  Without it you can sprint around more carelessly and just wait to be back smacked or back someone of your own.  That is an obvious generalization but it is the basic point of my opinion.  Opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 41

Well the cats out of the bag

-----------------------------------------

HCS Winter Arena Changes (IN TESTING)

Unless stated otherwise, all other weapons/items remain in their current Fall Season locations

In case you don't know Tier 2 = only one per map. All Storm Rifles are now Tier 2.

Coliseum

• 1x Splinter Grenade Added Bottom Mid (Total Map Splinters: 3)
  • Removed Pyramid/Steps Splinter Grenades

Regret

• Scattershot replaced with Storm Rifle (Tunnel, Tier 2)
  • ALL Splinter Grenades REMOVED
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added Pink 1

Empire

• SAW Removed
  • Active Camo added Tower 2 (behind Barrels)
  • Silenced AR added Tower 1
  • Battle Rifle added Tower 3
  • ALL Splinter Grenades Removed
  • 1x Plasma Grenade aded to Red/Blue Sneaky

Truth

• Pink 2 Battle Rifle Removed
  • Hydra Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Red/Blue Storm Rifles Removed
  • Plasma Pistol Removed
  • Top Mid Splinters Removed
  • Battle Rifles added to Red/Blue 1 (Back of Base)
  • Storm Rifle added Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • Grenade Launcher placed Top Mid (Tier 3, Two Minute Timer)

The Rig

• SMG moved to Bottom Nest (FUCK. YEAH!)
  • Trench Splinters removed
  • Grenade Launcher replaces Plasma Caster
  • Scattershot replaces Shotgun
  • Needler replaces Song of Peace Suppressor
  • (Strongholds) SPNKr Rockets replace Railgun

Plaza

• ALL Splinters Removed (Top Orange, S4/Cinema Loft, Flower Bridge, U-Turn)
  • 2x Splinters Added Cafe Window
  • Storm Rifle moved back to Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • 2x Plasmas moved to Tram
  • 2x Plasmas moved to between Hotel & Dip
  • Un-silenced the SMG
  • Hotel Battle Rifle moved to Cafe
  • Battle Rifle added to Eastgate (Between Hotel & Lift)

Fathom

• Storm Rifles removed
  • Removed all Splinters (Treehouse & Porch)
  • 1x Splinter added to each old Storm Location (Red/Blue Sub)
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added to Treehouses (old Splinter cubby)
  • Flag Spawns moved closer to Generator
  • (Potential respawn point changes, I didn’t investigate spawns. This goes for other maps as well)

All of those seem like major improvements. Truth Slayer might actually be fun again.

Btw guys no radar strong holds is garbage. In fact only Slayer is improved with no radar. I want them to modify it not remove it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I actually like radar and believe it actually adds a skill-gap to the game in the manipulation of it.  Without it you can sprint around more carelessly and just wait to be back smacked or back someone of your own.  That is an obvious generalization but it is the basic point of my opinion.  Opinion.

Your opinion is wrong.

Radar is bad.

Opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 12

After doing a bunch of intense research I found the guy who is in charge of making the Arena changes for 343. They just drop him in forge every couple of months and whatever changes he makes is what the pros play. He has a special intuition about these sort of things. Who needs radar changes or weapon tuning when you have this guy (live footage): 

x44WZIg.gif

This guy is also the entire MCC team.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All of those seem like major improvements. Truth Slayer might actually be fun again.

Btw guys no radar strong holds is garbage. In fact only Slayer is improved with no radar. I want them to modify it not remove it.

Btw no radar stronholds is garbage when players can flay across the map in 3 seconds.

Source: Evolved Eden Strongholds is one of the most fun gametypes 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why a silenced AR? Seems so random to me.

SO YOU DON'T APPEAR ON RADAR. DUH.

• Upvote (+1) 4

These settings are GREAT compared to before, but there's still problems:

The Plasma Caster is still relevant on some maps, and while I do like pro pipe, it shouldn't replace all casters.

Way too many power weapons on Rig.

I remember Quinn tweeting that "Splinters have been completely removed on some maps." So I guess "some maps" only means one?

Remove radar. REMOVE IT ALREADY

EDIT: two maps with splinters removed

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I thought the same thing at the beginning of H5, but the croutch plays and just how it effects the meta is a big negative

I don't think you have much you can do to manipulate the radar, it's pretty straight forward in the way it works.

Also the part we're trying to add to the game is the ability to sneak behind your opponent to get a solid flank. If you're in red window on colliseum, and I'm underneath you and your teammates have extended into blue base, you shouldn't get free information that I'm sneaking around underneath you.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it. I'd love to hear how you think we can manipulate radar though, I can't come up with anything off the top of my head unless I have a teammate crouching and I'm running around to make it look like there's only one of us around the corner and you think you can take me and get collapsed on.

For people throwing a fit about Radar... y'all are batshit insane (for the wrong reasons).

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added
  • Splinters per map no longer exceed 4 and are placed in deficit positions
  • Some maps have Splinters removed entirely
  • Truth only has one automatic in a terrible location on a Tier 2 timer
  • Fathom CTF improved to reduce low scoring games
  • Power weapons reduced across the board
  • Plaza and Rig have small tweaks that will revolutionize Slayer on those maps

I get that we don't like Radar but for the first time we are juggling universal settings, mixed Pro Player opinions, and additional issues as well. If you genuinely think that Radar trumps all of the things I just listed, I don't know what to say. Quinn said they are approaching the radar issue and it'll be taken care of, but for fuck sake these settings are fantastic and Ghost should be praised to no end.

I can get behind this. These changes are a win for sure. Maybe not as far as we may have hoped, but like Sketch said it's a step in the right direction. Still wish there was less snipe ammo though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For people throwing a fit about Radar... y'all are batshit insane (for the wrong reasons).

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added

I get that we don't like Radar but for the first time we are juggling universal settings, mixed Pro Player opinions, and additional issues as well. If you genuinely think that Radar trumps all of the things I just listed, I don't know what to say. Quinn said they are approaching the radar issue and it'll be taken care of, but for fuck sake these settings are fantastic and Ghost should be praised to no end.

Agreed 100%.  There is a real toxic, hivemind-esq, mentality in these forums where rage over something that really isn't a HUGE deal is masking any ability to see all the incredibly amazing changes been made.  Not to mention it even says IN TESTING.  So sick of crying babies who can't be rational.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 18

They're certainly an improvement, just not as big of one as most were hoping.

Agreed. Maybe I should know better, but I feel like the setting changes were hyped up a little too much for this to be it.

If radar/AR isn't coming out now (these upcoming changes), its never going to be out

It sucks but we just need to all accept it at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• SAW Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Grenade Launcher added

i love most every change here outside of radar. but why do we have needler on rig? i honestly dont get it after we had to get it removed from regret

Agreed. Maybe I should know better, but I feel like the setting changes were hyped up a little too much for this to be it.

Who hyped settings changes? ESL hyped the 2017 events they would be running. Simms mentioned that settings are being looked at. A few hours ago Tiberius mentioned he had faith that setting changed would be good since Ghost was working on them.

But beyond that, any hype seems like it was just the community acting like radar was removed without any substantial evidence to support it.

And the changes that Ghost has made all seem positive.

Who hyped settings changes? ESL hyped the 2017 event they would be running. Simms mentioned that settings are being looked at. But beyond that, any hype was the community acting like radar was removed without any substantial evidence to support it.

im still hyped for the format changes we got. having lans that matter will improve the scene by miles

I still think no radar needs more testing on ctf/strongholds. It is clear it would be best for slayer gametypes. Either way, more testing should be done.

• Upvote (+1) 1