CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

why? cause of smash or football or both? the eleague major begins on sunday too

there's always gonna be competition

LCS Spring Split starts next week as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"congrats on winning a trip to worlds at ??????? !"

Imagine the teams going to Worlds. Each captain throws a dart at a map. wherever the dart hits is where the team goes at. Whichever team shows up to the right place are Halo / Geography World Champs 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People arguing over "Worlds" like it means something when you don't even have representation for some of the most highly populated regions of the world. This isn't soccer, stop pretending like it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah, there is no use considering this too strongly when there are multiple weekeends through the year you are showcasing something.

Its not like they are Respawn trying to launch their first game in 2 years between 3 other AAA shooter titles when they could have just waited until March and been the only game in town...

Anyone have scrim results from EG v OG last night? I fell asleep feeling like EG is definately on the come up, but couldn't outlast OG to close out matches.

10-3 og

Eg choked empire sh and fathom flag. Don't get how they didn't win either of those

How is it invitational when teams have to qualify in their respective regions?

Because those teams wouldn't attend if world's spots were given solely with respect to team performance.

It is like an invitational.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bubu/Shooter/Falcated/Shotzzy are basically confirmed to be going to ALG.

Welp. That happened ;)

Edit: so late, but was catching up and couldn't resist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the new EG is two guys who, understandably, don't have much to practice and two guys who are notorious for not practicing enough?

No matter how good you are on land ( :kappa: ), you won't be at a top level if your strats arent nailed down.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's the halo CE and Shadowrun lan tournament the same weekend so I'm sure halo 5 will be loosing .01% of their viewers.

Does 343 even look into this stuff? What a massive blow to UGC.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's the halo CE and Shadowrun lan tournament the same weekend so I'm sure halo 5 will be loosing .01% of their viewers.

Does 343 even look into this stuff? What a massive blow to UGC.

Regardless of what the viewers are, it'll still be a great event. Fall Finals showed growth (OG/NV juice notwithstanding) and I think things are going to start (slowly, like really slowly) start getting better. I just am having withdrawals and need to see some Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the new EG is two guys who, understandably, don't have much to practice and two guys who are notorious for not practicing enough?

No matter how good you are on land ( :kappa: ), you won't be at a top level if your strats arent nailed down.

They've been scrimming more than anyone

I almost feel like it would be better for this EG squad if they didnt have a PL seed and had to fight their way through the open bracket.  Im sure they would make it through the bracket, but it would still be practice.  Of course then that means you are starting champ bracket in the 9 - 16 seed which is more of a detriment than the extra practice would be a positive.

They've been scrimming more than anyone

Good I'm glad because contra and Devon have insane raw skill. I haven't been able to keep up as much so I was going off what huke and ryanoob have said in the past.

Regardless of what the viewers are, it'll still be a great event. Fall Finals showed growth (OG/NV juice notwithstanding) and I think things are going to start (slowly, like really slowly) start getting better. I just am having withdrawals and need to see some Halo.

If I didn't make it clear enough I was just being sarcastic. I mean, for the esportsarena event it does suck it's the same weekend but it's not going to effect UGC in anyway. Was just joking around

Everyone go switch your sens to 6-1 and become a godly sniper

You could play on 1 sens and still be in a godly sniper in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

nV and OG trade scrims a lot, although nV haven't lost to them since Finals so maybe they're beginning to overtake them. 

As much as I'd love this to be true, I think OG won the first scrim they played post-finals 8-5

For those of you who havent seen much of Shotzzy here is a little highlight video with some clips of his.

xboxdvr.com/Shotzzy/63ff9bd1-ec9f-45aa-93ef-e3ce1a7a26f8

That thrust jump/rocket at 00:36 was fucking sick 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 can upset any team not named Optic or Nv. 

any pro team can beat any proteam not named optic or nv

I have missed this. Is it 343 made?

sooo if bubu's team would get C9 that would be nice, so I can get all skins

Except for E6 of course

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

its so so stupid to have the event during the major. We're going to lose a lot of the viewership brought by OpTic, and general eSports fans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its so so stupid to have the event during the major. We're going to lose a lot of the viewership brought by OpTic, and general eSports fans.

I believe the ELeague Major is the weekend after St. Louis.