CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So N/a Dominates every scene does it?

Let's look at COD first, sure an N/A team won worlds but two EU teams finished second and third at worlds knocking out powerhouses like faze along the way.

An Austrailian/NZ team finished in the top 8 2 years running.

Next we will move onto your earlier example CSGO.

Very few N/A teams thrive in that game

If regions receive no support they have no chance to grow. It is not that america is the home of video games greatest talent. it is the simply the case they receive the most funding/support. When the funding is equal, other regions begin to thrive as well, making a stronger global scene.

Your logic of fuck all other regions lets just focus on n/a damages us as an esport.

My logic is not "fuck all other regions" at all, but my logic is that a  world championship should be comprised of the worlds best teams. And NA doesn't receive the most funding/support for all games, literally only cod and halo. I guess smite maybe, but i dont pay any attention to that game.

:fire:  :fire:  :fire:

Damnnn that was unexpected.

Looks like those allegiance skins might get a rush order on them with Sparty on the team now :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

My logic is not "fuck all other regions" at all, but my logic is that a  world championship should be comprised of the worlds best teams. And NA doesn't receive the most funding/support for all games, literally only cod and halo. I guess smite maybe, but i dont pay any attention to that game.

Other regions cannot possibly compete right now though apart from possibly one or two teams from the EU. 

They first need support, they first need nurturing, they need funding, they need a viable chance of seeing success. 

This is the only time the anz region recieves any kind of incentive from 343.

Are there hwc events for them?

You have to give regions a possibility to grow. This is that opportuinity.

It's why latin america teams are thrown into the miix at cod worlds.

It's to put the smallest scences on the grandest of stages to grow the fanbase in those regions.

This is not all about finding out who the best team in the world is, get that notion out of your head.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What? And I just did a banner for Problem Solvers...

Ok, I give it away for free. :kappa:

yhwuTYe.png

So E6 is still in the game?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Damnnn that was unexpected.

Looks like those allegiance skins might get a rush order on them with Sparty on the team now :kappa:

Yeah but if they do, it means Hamy's getting dropped after Worlds.

EG skins released -> Hamy dropped

TL skins released -> Hamy dropped.

ALG skins released -> ???

I stole this joke from the Ham himself

• Upvote (+1) 7

And you fail to see that if 343 employs that logic, North America will have a monopoly on the scene, because the other regions will never have a chance to grow.

Sure, we could look back five years from now and ask why ANZ or LATAM got so many chances at Worlds, but hindsight is always 20/20.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Riot should only invite the Korean teams to worlds with that logic? Maybe 1 team from China?

If it means I get to see more good games and less blowouts? Absolutely

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Riot should only invite the Korean teams to worlds with that logic? Maybe 1 team from China?

Many LoL pundits and analysts support this statement and logic.

On the bright side, the Bo1 group format shut up many of those people this year when a Wild Card team made it out of groups.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No other "world tournament" is like that though? Not in esports or other sports.

If you want a competition of the best of the best that's fine, but it's not worlds.

And no, that doesn't mean worlds shouldn't have the highest funding.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And make foreign teams fly to Korea on their own dime if they want to qualify.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That comes down to formatting and presentation moreso than invitations.

The best team in the word is going to win this event, there will be plenty of good matches on stream. The number of international teams isn't going to change that.

they could've invited more NA teams, more international teams, bolstered some of the smaller scenes, and still only had the more competitive games on stream.

After groups, the bracket is only going to consist of the higher level of competition anyway, and it's not like they would stream all of the group series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That comes down to formatting and presentation moreso than invitations.

The best team in the word is going to win this event, there will be plenty of good matches on stream. The number of international teams isn't going to change that.

they could've invited more NA teams, more international teams, bolstered some of the smaller scenes, and still only had the more competitive games on stream.

After groups, the bracket is only going to consist of the higher level of competition anyway, and it's not like they would stream all of the group series.

They streamed every match last year with 16 teams in attendance. Single Elim bracket though.

Yep

Thank Christ you're not in charge of Halo or LOL.

Even Che Chou wouldn't do something so detrimental to the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I pray he is not in charge of anything with this logic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yep, cuz halos in great shape. LOL is big enough where format doesnt matter

• Downvote (-1) 1

Emma-Stone-Movie-GIFs.gif

wot u talkin bout boi

W O R L D S

worlds CHAMPIONSHIPS. Best in the world, how does this not make sense to anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

worlds CHAMPIONSHIPS. Best in the world, how does this not make sense to anyone.

How do you  STILL NOT  get it? Is the only question here

• Upvote (+1) 1