CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Unpopular, and I understand the idea of a World's event but outside of 1 EU team, I don't expect any teams outside of NA to make it far. The top AM teams in NA would still probably run the floor with most of the non-NA teams that will be at Worlds. I wish there was a greater focus on NA (UGC and Vegas aside). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you do it that way, non-NA teams have no reason to compete since they'll get stomped by NA every time. If they don't compete, they don't get better and the scene is forever dominated by NA.

Once again - Worlds is not about the best teams in the world, it's about the best teams from all regions getting recognized.

Simply qualifying for Worlds results in a bigger payday than most foreign players can expect to get in local events, which gives them a reason to compete even if the local scene is shit.

If every region must be represented then only 1 team from each region should be guaranteed, the rest should be up for grabs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If every region must be represented then only 1 team from each region should be guaranteed, the rest should be up for grabs.

I think there should be at least 2 EU. 

Ok. C9 was an American team so idk what you're trying to say, FAB got 4-0d by Liquid at Vegas and I'm pretty sure 100-0'd in Strongholds so yeah.

I can, 8-2-1-1 :kappa:

C9 lost to Epsilon, that's what I was saying. Yeah FAB lost to Liquid (who ended up getting 2nd and very nearly beating NV) but they still held their own against other NA teams and showed they belong in the conversation.

CS Majors

Kinda different as they do not promote it as a global event

It is not CSGO worlds

Also the format of csgo is entirely different as  teams from different regions play each other frequently, in that title.

In other words they don't really segregate by region in that game.

Unpopular, and I understand the idea of a World's event but outside of 1 EU team, I don't expect any teams outside of NA to make it far. The top AM teams in NA would still probably run the floor with most of the non-NA teams that will be at Worlds. I wish there was a greater focus on NA (UGC and Vegas aside).

UGC, Vegas, 7 teams at Worlds, Dreamhack x2 and two seasons of Pro League with finals events aren't enough focus on NA for the year?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember when Epsilon beat Renegades, C9 and took a game off CLG? Remember when FAB beat NA teams in Vegas? Apparently this guy doesn't.

FAB beat am NA team besides the AMs?

How do you hand out the other spots then?

Presumably you do the qualifications through LANs, where are these LANs hosted?

UGC, Vegas, 7 teams at Worlds, Dreamhack x2 and two seasons of Pro League with finals events aren't enough focus on NA for the year?

I actually don't think it is enough. Not when it is the hosts the highest skilled players of Halo. 

FAB beat am NA team besides the AMs?

Just 6S and Pnda, two top am teams at the time. I'd argue they were probably stronger teams than the C9 team that Epsilon beat.

I actually don't think it is enough. Not when it is the hosts the highest skilled players of Halo.

And that will undoubtedly always be the case if you never give the other regions a chance to grow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you hand out the other spots then?

Presumably you do the qualifications through LANs, where are these LANs hosted?

Qualification LANs, probably 1 NA 1 EU. Ya traveling isn't cheap etc, but for some reason a lot of people think it should be "easy" to qualify for a world championship with over a million dollars on the line.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Qualification LANs, probably 1 NA 1 EU. Ya traveling isn't cheap etc, but for some reason a lot of people think it should be "easy" to qualify for a world championship with over a million dollars on the line.

You just don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You just don't get it.

I get it fine, but you seem to think it's super important for all these other outlier regions to be represented so that their scene can grow. I'm sorry but you're delusional if you think halo is ever going to be that big in other regions.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I get it fine, but you seem to think it's super important for all these other outlier regions to be represented so that their scene can grow. I'm sorry but you're delusional if you think halo is ever going to be that big in other regions.

EU has grown a lot in the last couple years. The best ANZ and LATAM teams are around the same level as top 3 EU teams, it's not that far off. We'll probably never see a truly elite foreign team but they're not embarrassing themselves like Asia was.

Once again, Worlds isn't meant to be a showcase of the objective top 16 teams. There are countless open LANs for that.

So N/a Dominates every scene does it?

Let's look at COD first, sure an N/A team won worlds but two EU teams finished second and third at worlds knocking out powerhouses like faze along the way.

An Austrailian/NZ team finished in the top 8 2 years running.

Next we will move onto your earlier example CSGO.

Very few N/A teams thrive in that game

If regions receive no support they have no chance to grow. It is not that america is the home of video games greatest talent. it is the simply the case they receive the most funding/support. When the funding is equal, other regions begin to thrive as well, making a stronger global scene.

Your logic of fuck all other regions lets just focus on n/a damages us as an esport.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EU has grown a lot in the last couple years. The best ANZ and LATAM teams are around the same level as top 3 EU teams, it's not that far off. We'll probably never see a truly elite foreign team but they're not embarrassing themselves like Asia was.

Once again, Worlds isn't meant to be a showcase of the objective top 16 teams. There are countless open LANs for that.

If that's the case, then it shouldnt have the largest prize pool and it should be more than every other tournament that year combined times 5.

Do you all think there will be any team changes if a top Open Bracket team doesn't perform well in this weekend's seeding tournament? Everyone going to wait until after UGC?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you all think there will be any team changes if a top Open Bracket team doesn't perform well in this weekend's seeding tournament? Everyone going to wait until after UGC?

It's the am scene. Teams change if someone sneezes. I all but guarantee the rosters will differ between the seeding cup and the event if they're allowed to make changes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

:fire:  :fire:  :fire:

Spartan

Commonly

Danoxide

Suspector

For anyone who can't watch the video.

• Upvote (+1) 3