CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this thread has been too damn OT. so, i just finished the wire and loved it. now i am looking for a new series. what do you suggest fam

Me and my wife are pretty big fans of the man in the high castle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So how do the 8 teams get determined for the champ bracket at UGC?

Pro League teams + Teams that compete and make it out through the Open Bracket at the event. 

Me and my wife are pretty big fans of the man in the high castle.

definitely a good one. great book too if you havent read it

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how do the 8 teams get determined for the champ bracket at UGC?

Same format as the last few open events.

16 team bracket. Pro teams are the top 8 seeds. 9-16 are filled by open bracket teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pro League teams + Teams that compete and make it out through the Open Bracket at the event. 

will final standings after worlds affect summer league pro spots?

will final standings after worlds affect summer league pro spots?

Define spots? The Pro League teams from the Fall 2016 season will be the teams in the Summer 2017 season pending roster changes or teams disbanding. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would've been idiotic for them to leave EG to go to Str8. Not knocking Str8 in any way but EG is an established org with huge sponsors, meanwhile Str8 is just starting. So it makes complete sense for EG to not want to give up their players nor would it have made sense for them to leave all that they have (sponsors, house, etc.) Also since Str8 is just starting they don't want to give up their players as well and build upon them the best they can, so they don't want to have to worry about picking up an entirely different roster or risk being out of the HCS in general and losing their team. For us to go to EG it would have required them to buy out our contracts, and that # wouldn't have been (or wasn't) idealistic for an org like EG to spend on 2 Halo players. There ya go

makes perfect sense. 

thanks for the clarification. 

definitely a good one. great book too if you havent read it

The show is really only based on the book. I actually prefer the show a lot more.

Enough OT for me today.

Define spots? The Pro League teams from the Fall 2016 season will be the teams in the Summer 2017 season pending roster changes or teams disbanding. 

So let's say Problem Solvers wins HWC. They'll still have to play in the Summer Open Circuit?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just to clarify, say some am team comes out of nowhere and wins Worlds, that team wouldn't be Pro in the next season?

edit: beat by ahahahahahahahwowowowow

• Upvote (+1) 2

So let's say Problem Solvers wins HWC. They'll still have to play in the Summer Open Circuit?

If the 8 Pro League teams maintain their rosters within the roster change rules, that is correct. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's the updated list of teams.

Team EnVyUs - Ola, Mikwen, Snip3down, Huke
Optic Gaming - Snakebite, Royal 2, Lethul, Frosty
Team Liquid - Penguin, Rayne, Stellur, Eco
Problem Solvers - Spartan, Commonly, Suspector, Danoxide
Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Contra, PreDevoNatoR
Enigma 6 - Bubu Dubu, Shooter, Falcated, Shotzzy
Luminosity Gaming - Ninja, Tripppey, El Town, Victory X
Str8 Rippin - Ace, APG, Heinz, Renegade
??? - Cratos, Naded, Str8 Sick, Nemassist

If the 8 Pro League teams maintain their rosters within the roster change rules, that is correct. 

currently it looks as if only 7 pro seeds have been maintained. how will pro league be decided assuming old teams don't reform after worlds

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand this is the case according to the rules set forth...but

Why?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I see EG and E6 being in the top 4 with Optic and NV if they stick together

Team Liquid is up there too. So is Problem Solvers.

Oh man I can't wait for St. Louis

• Upvote (+1) 2

currently it looks as if only 7 pro seeds have been maintained. how will pro league be decided assuming old teams don't reform after worlds

For past seasons a Qualification Tournament would be held. I assume we would follow something similar for the 2017 Season if there are spots available in the Pro League at the conclusion of the 2017 Halo World Championship. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

There's still an open circuit next season? I thought that was replaced by the relegation tournament which anyone can play in?

I'd hope there is still tournaments for Ams to play in.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure that PL will reflect worlds team changes. Makes 0 sense not to