CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Observer mode is great. Such an improvement, too bad it had to be a year out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hate to say it but the difference between spectator and observer mode isn't as much as I'd expected. Pistol battle shots are still just as confusing to watch, there's defiantly an improvement but it's no way anything close to LAN.

Why can't they just record the games like in Halo 3 and just spectate the recordings. So what if we watch pro league games 2 minutes after they finish. It would actually make online halo fun to watch again.

And if not which it probably is too late now anyway I'm gonna plug for what I've been plugging for since the first day of pro league.

LETS PUSH FOR PROS TO STREAM LEAGUE MATCHES.

They're allowed to if they give ESL notice two days in advanced. Has everyone including pros forgotten this? I know the censuses between pros was they wanted to direct traffic to the Halo stream but that stream would still have the majority of the total viewersi, it's not a big deal. I just enjoy seeing shots land and hearing coms man. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Well the cats out of the bag

-----------------------------------------

HCS Winter Arena Changes (IN TESTING)

Unless stated otherwise, all other weapons/items remain in their current Fall Season locations

Coliseum

• 1x Splinter Grenade Added Bottom Mid (Total Map Splinters: 3)
  • Removed Pyramid/Steps Splinter Grenades

Regret

• Scattershot replaced with Storm Rifle (Tunnel, Tier 2)
  • ALL Splinter Grenades REMOVED
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added Pink 1

Empire

• SAW Removed
  • Active Camo added Tower 2 (behind Barrels)
  • Silenced AR added Tower 1
  • Battle Rifle added Tower 3
  • ALL Splinter Grenades Removed
  • 1x Plasma Grenade aded to Red/Blue Sneaky

Truth

• Pink 2 Battle Rifle Removed
  • Hydra Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Red/Blue Storm Rifles Removed
  • Plasma Pistol Removed
  • Top Mid Splinters Removed
  • Battle Rifles added to Red/Blue 1 (Back of Base)
  • Storm Rifle added Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • Grenade Launcher placed Top Mid (Tier 3, Two Minute Timer)

The Rig

• SMG moved to Bottom Nest (FUCK. YEAH!)
  • Trench Splinters removed
  • Grenade Launcher replaces Plasma Caster
  • Scattershot replaces Shotgun
  • Needler replaces Song of Peace Suppressor
  • (Strongholds) SPNKr Rockets replace Railgun

Plaza

• ALL Splinters Removed (Top Orange, S4/Cinema Loft, Flower Bridge, U-Turn)
  • 2x Splinters Added Cafe Window
  • Storm Rifle moved back to Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • 2x Plasmas moved to Tram
  • 2x Plasmas moved to between Hotel & Dip
  • Un-silenced the SMG
  • Hotel Battle Rifle moved to Cafe
  • Battle Rifle added to Eastgate (Between Hotel & Lift)

Fathom

• Storm Rifles removed
  • Removed all Splinters (Treehouse & Porch)
  • 1x Splinter added to each old Storm Location (Red/Blue Sub)
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added to Treehouses (old Splinter cubby)
  • Flag Spawns moved closer to Generator
  • (Potential respawn point changes, I didn’t investigate spawns. This goes for other maps as well)

By the looks of this no AR secondary?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Plaza

• Un-silenced the SMG
Why it was ever silenced to begin with is one of Halo 5's greatest mysteries  :holmes:

What makes you think that?
  • Upvote (+1) 4

that would be insteresting but I doubt they removed ar secondary. probably just makes silenced ar like a random pickup if you're out of ammo?

splinters are gone, but no nerfs, no radar removal, just the same poop spread on a different wall.  

at this point i think they cant go in and nerf damage like its not possible really feel like they would have done it already. Probably has a lot to do with how campaign would react, and warzone characters that use the same weps etc..

They've modified the sandbox before for the Plasma Caster, so it's possible. They've even said pre-release that it is something that doesn't even require an update, it is on a gametype level like Halo: Reach and Halo 4. 

The only response we have EVER gotten to the complaints about automatics is a shitty sarcastic video from Quinn and co. on one of their live streams and that's it. Not a single comment on if automatics will ever be tuned or if they will change splinters, spartan charge, etc. 

It's absurd. Despite all of Halo 4's faults, the automatic weapon balance in that game was solid after the Turbo update in June 2013. The automatics were usable but not completely overpowered and precision weapons would still outshoot them provided you didn't have the aim of a suddoth.

In some shocking news, Quinn's first project at 343 just happened to be that weapon rebalance.

• Upvote (+1) 7

For what it's worth, ammo in the sniper is still 12 bullets total.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the changes. Adding rifles back to the bases on truth will help with the snowballing effect. You see teams make more comebacks on regret now because of that

• Upvote (+1) 9

I take back all the hype I was happy about this weekend if radar is seriously still in.

Whoever is the head of whatever position, swallow some pride and drop it already. Stop stagnating the interrogatory of this product that came before your time to attract these casual fans that don't care if it's there when they stumble across the stream.

This x100. If they don't do anything to radar or balance autos after a whole year that is ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody happy about propipe being back ? I am super happy.

Still hoping they are about to test no radar/modified radar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That would be the best change. The AR is such an overpowered weapon, it takes 100x times less skill then the Pistol and is already so overused because of how much it melts. This would be huge and would make watching competitive halo so much fun.

Can you imagine constant pistol battles and reversals.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why a silenced AR? Seems so random to me.

The only thing I can think is people will pick it up so they don't show on radar while shooting, causing them to drop their regular Assault Rifle which is capable of holding more ammo. The regular Assault Rifle will constantly have max ammo because you'll be picking up ammo from your dead teammates and the enemy team. With the silenced AR, you'll use it, run out of ammo and switch to a precision weapon.

Honestly, I haven't got a bloody clue. They did the same thing with the SMG on Plaza and in this refresh they're removing it. It doesn't make any sense. Hopefully Ghost and/or Quinn comments on it in the Waypoint blog post.

• Upvote (+1) 3