CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Friendly reminder that the roster lock is for the pro seeds. There is no roster lock for AM teams.

So a Pro team for example Str8, decide Heinz is going to retire from Halo, they can make thw change, still compete but only sacrifice there Pro Seed?

What does the seed give you?

I know there are a ton of rostermania lovers here, but does anyone else just wait for things to settle so they can decide what team to cheer for?

No I will always follow Ace as I really like they guy and always watch his streams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So a Pro team for example Str8, decide Heinz is going to retire from Halo, they can make thw change, still compete but only sacrifice there Pro Seed?

What does the seed give you?

If Heinz retires they'd still have the pro seed because of Ace/APG. You only need 2 players from the roster to stay to keep the seed.

The seed gives the team a spot automatically in the championship bracket of St. Louis and Vegas (the AM teams have to work their way through the open bracket first).

And the seed also allows the team to retain their spot in the pro league after worlds.

I see that the up and coming generation of Halo players  have shade  running deep in their blood. Oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This LAN will be so lit that @@CyReN will give us a 500 daily rep stipend!  :simms:

Memes, upvotes, drama, disappointment and more. It will be a wonderful weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was referring to the Win10 store.

MS will only sell their games there, limiting their sales potential.

Pretty sure that was a balmer mandate that nadella will change. Ms will do the smart thing and embrace steam which theyve praised in the past

I know there are a ton of rostermania lovers here, but does anyone else just wait for things to settle so they can decide what team to cheer for?

Yes, for sure! Rostermania can be fun but in the end I have strongly mixed feelings about it.

If Heinz retires they'd still have the pro seed because of Ace/APG. You only need 2 players from the roster to stay to keep the seed.

The seed gives the team a spot automatically in the championship bracket of St. Louis and Vegas (the AM teams have to work their way through the open bracket first).

And the seed also allows the team to retain their spot in the pro league after worlds.

So if im an am team and i place top 8 at st louis would i get a spot in the champ bracket at vegas or do i still have to fight my way through the am bracket there too

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if im an am team and i place top 8 at st louis would i get a spot in the champ bracket at vegas or do i still have to fight my way through the am bracket there too

That, I do not know

One more thing about rostermania is that I seem to worry more about my favorite players than they do themselves. Even if it is a rollercostermania Ace and Heinz seems to be so cool about it except for some minor tweets.

Nply6dX.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't even think ESL/343 knows this entirely yet. I'd like to see the rules on all of this released soon.

I don't even think ESL/343 knows this entirely yet. I'd like to see the rules on all of this released soon.

I cant believe its not been released yet. This weekend is the beginning of the worlds season and they dont seem to know. We really do seem to be second tier to our organizers

Pretty sure that was a balmer mandate that nadella will change. Ms will do the smart thing and embrace steam which theyve praised in the past

Balmer was a very top-down monopolistic type guy. 

Nadella has embraced things like open source for things that most people thought would always be proprietary (like .NET).

So yeah, I could easily be the Windows store to be the only way to buy a game for both Xbox and PC at the same time, but steam being used if people only want to buy it for PC.  Thats what i would do if i were them anyway.

Balmer was a very top-down monopolistic type guy.

Nadella has embraced things like open source for things that most people thought would always be proprietary (like .NET).

So yeah, I could easily be the Windows store to be the only way to buy a game for both Xbox and PC at the same time, but steam being used if people only want to buy it for PC. Thats what i would do if i were them anyway.

He also embraced linux after balmer called them cancer. I think your assessment is probably right thougg they could use a digital product code to unlock play anywhere from steam purchases

love every bit of rostermania. trying to keep up is difficult but sometimes a move is good news and you can't wait that night to see scrim results or how well a roster will mesh

that problem solver vs envyus score is pleasing

I'd love this to be the case, but they only started selling Xbox 1st party games on PC since Nadella took over. He really needs the Win10 store to take off (it was the justification for giving Win10 away for free), and Xbox was part of that plan.

They do have plans to have UWP apps distributed on Steam, but steam users want good old fashioned Win32 programs.

Rostermania undoubtedly harms the scene.

COD is nowhere near as bad as halo at the pro level.

And orgs recognize this.

I cannot remember what org it was but they explained their frustrations with regards rostermania in halo, it is stupid, the contracts hold noone, and if the orgs try to hold players to it they are seen as villains.  

C9 are in my opinion the smartest orgs as they just enter for worlds for  the quick cash grab and leave before the team has the chance to screw them over.

The pro's really to be held accountable for this as they are harming our scene through this stupid practice. 

Its not worth it for orgs to fight over contract disputes like they should because there is so little money involved in halo.

Because there is so little money involved in halo (other than worlds) it makes it unappealing to players to "stick it out" with a 3-8th place team because their payout potential is not great.

Then you have orgs like Denial... Orgs to halo are a new thing as of the last couple years.  Other esports have had them for a while.  When one of the first experiences you have with an org is them not paying the players what they are owed according to their contract (and other shadiness), it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  If your Org isn't going to honor their contract, why should you?

Experiences like that mean that orgs get the blame immediately from the players and fans even when the org is actually in the right and just trying to hold the player to the contract that they signed.

Its kind of a cycle.  Because there is not enough money and the money that there is is very top weighted, teams want to try to find the magic bullet short term instead of work long term. Its not worth it to orgs to fight hard over contract disputes.  Since orgs wont hold players to their contracts, players know they can basically do whatever they want. Orgs know they wont be able to build a halo brand so some of the big ones avoid the scene.  Less money flows into halo, go back to reason #1.

• Upvote (+1) 1