CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are you seriously comparing Shotzy leaving 2gre's little am squad to Lethul leaving EG?

When Lethul left EG they were the undisputed #1 team, having won however many straight events, always beating CLG in the process. Shotzy left Ogre2's am team to join a team with a pro seed and players he's had chemistry with in the past.

Well, calling EG undisputed at the time might be a bit much. They had lost 2 online qualifiers at that point, which, granted is online. However, both the twins became more and more busy, as well as the LANs they won were usually pretty close.

Str8 are currently scrimming Naded, Cratos, Nemassist, and Str8 Sick. Current score is Str8 leading 4-1.

Tfw Str8's not dead in the water

crazy-dance.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Slayer who uses power weapons well.

Excellent! Sounds exactly like what Str8 Rippin needs honestly. Should fit pretty easily in with the rest of the squad then. Is he generally aggressive, or more of a passive slayer?

A lot of people have Windows 10.

I was referring to the Win10 store.

MS will only sell their games there, limiting their sales potential.

There is no way to spin this as a negative for e6

I'm not trying to spin it that way, I was actually hoping to see a hype team. 

Watching it though, I feel like it was LG losing those games much more than E6 winning them. Very few of the wins were convincing. It's true it's their first scrim together and they're going to get better though. And Shotzzy is going to get acclimated to the pro meta and likely get MUCH better.

But if, like me, you're hoping that E6 will be competitive with nV and Optic, then you were hoping for a stronger performance out of the gate. My .02 anyway.

Watching it though, I feel like it was LG losing those games much more than E6 winning them. Very few of the wins were convincing. It's true it's their first scrim together and they're going to get better though. And Shotzzy is going to get acclimated to the pro meta and likely get MUCH better.

But if, like me, you're hoping that E6 will be competitive with nV and Optic, then you were hoping for a stronger performance out of the gate. My .02 anyway.

The thing is, unless I'm mistaken LG has been doing pretty well against top teams anyway. So for a new teams first scrim to end 9-4 or w/e, is pretty telling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if heinz were to retire I hope str8 snags 2gre. I doubt Str8 would lose slaying power from that and they keep the experienced leader/objective player.

LG were defeating themselves. You guys overreact because of one scrim.

It's not like Beyond to overreact :kappa:

Str8 won 9-4.

Pretty good for their first scrim. Weren't they trying to pick up Renegade first before they picked up Eco a while back?

100-46 empire sh

50-29 truth TS

3-0 coli flag

50-27 rig TS

50-43 regret TS (was double digit lead most of the game)

More than half their wins weren't close.

Only one game you can say lg choked and even then that's the point of strongholds. Lg tilting isn't an unexpected team trait.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was referring to the Win10 store.

MS will only sell their games there, limiting their sales potential.

Spartan Assault and Strike came to Steam at some point and there's been mentions of Steam in the build of Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.

Steam could be a possibility.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan Assault and Strike came to Steam at some point and there's been mentions of Steam in the build of Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.

Steam could be a possibility.

Those mobile games hit steam before the Live Anywhere initiative right? I hope they come to their senses and put it on steam, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd love to see a Halo rts actually have a decent playerbase.

Steam exposes the game to so many more people. Every time a halo post makes the front page of reddit there are so many people surprised to learn that there is any version of H5 on PC.

the day before roster lock? 

Friendly reminder that the roster lock is for the pro seeds. There is no roster lock for AM teams.

• Upvote (+1) 4