CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• OGRE2 shut off his stream right away cause he had to tell Articc something
  • Read his GF's latest tweet
  • Renegade tweeted hes a F/A (wonder who he got dropped for last minute?)

what is the tweet of his GF?

• Downvote (-1) 1

• OGRE2 shut off his stream right away cause he had to tell Articc something
  • Read his GF's latest tweet
  • Renegade tweeted hes a F/A (wonder who he got dropped for last minute?)

You mind saying what 2rge's GF tweeted? I remember trying to follow her when he joined EG but she was private so I just cba requesting if someone is private.

You mind saying what 2rge's GF tweeted? I remember trying to follow her when he joined EG but she was private so I just cba requesting if someone is private.

Said something like "Tom always gets screwed night before roster lock"

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did anyone actually expect that Shotzzy wasn't going to be picked off of that team? Really?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hypothesis for heavy aiming people:

If an enemy player is within some critical angular distance of your line of sight, the game adds a drag term to any relative angular velocity between the opponent's position and your own look angle. So it will add an additional, un-commanded turning rate on top of whatever the controller is inputting if, on the next frame, the enemy is getting farther away from your reticle.

When your aim feels heavy, the game is likely using an opponent player model position that is <latency> ms old when it calculates this drag term.

Eureka?

To disprove this, we'd need some video of heavy aiming without an opponent involved. But I bet most people only care about their aiming precision when they're losing a pistol fight, and thus haven't noticed that it's fine when no player magnetism is involved.

I feel it pretty much all the time to be honest.

It's a nice idea, but I have my doubts that even 343 have an idea of what's going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did anyone actually expect that Shotzzy wasn't going to be picked off of that team? Really?

No we're all damn stupid :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 3

congrats @@W0uld

If an enemy player is within some critical angular distance of your line of sight, the game adds a drag term to any relative angular velocity between the opponent's position and your own look angle. So it will add an additional, un-commanded turning rate on top of whatever the controller is inputting if, on the next frame, the enemy is getting farther away from your reticle.

When your aim feels heavy, the game is likely using an opponent player model position that is <latency> ms old when it calculates this drag term.

Eureka?

To disprove this, we'd need some video of heavy aiming without an opponent involved. But I bet most people only care about their aiming precision when they're losing a pistol fight, and thus haven't noticed that it's fine when no player magnetism is involved.

I feel it fairly often, not just when in a gunfight. I'm 99% sure the aiming is tied in some way to the framerate like lots of other things in the game supposedly are. I remember reading tying things to framerate was efficient and allows for a graphically good looking game to run on something as weak as the xbone, but also meant any deviation in framerate would screw things up a lot. Which also explains why there's a framerate lock for PC and why 2player 30FPS splitscreen was out of the question. 

So I think heavy aiming is just the game lagging a bit and experiencing a bit of a framerate drop to maybe 54 FPS or something, screwing everything up for those few seconds. Also explains framerate drops on forge maps like Orion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eureka?

I have noticed my aim will feel heavy after being "auto aimed" when two opponents are in front of me. It feels like it just sticks with that heavy auto aimed feeling even outside of gunfights

Did anyone actually expect that Shotzzy wasn't going to be picked off of that team? Really?

It's one day away from roster lock and they haven't dropped a scrim. It's rational to assume he wouldn't leave this close to roster lock. No need to be condescending.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Well, I don't know if anyone caught it but like yesterday or the day before Lethul said he wasn't sure what bubu's team was but "rumour has it that it's shotzzy." So I had already assumed this would happen.

Feel really bad for 2gre though. Him and Randa always get shafted.

If Shotzzy does go please get Renegade, Tom. He really impressed me through pro league and the play offs. I would have much prefered a Bubu, Shooter, Shotzzy and Renegade squad though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, 2gre's team didn't plan on going to UGC. Another factor that played into Shotzzy's decision, I'm sure.

Renegade hardly holds a candle to Shotzzy, I hope 2gre's team picks up someone different.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

idk this might have been posted already but gamers 4 giving yeaaaaaah

let's make up for last year

• Upvote (+1) 5

Shotzzy leaving 2gres Daycare for E6

Edit: All but confirmed

Sucks but called this a week ago. Too obvious especially with bubus team struggling in scrims.

Now str8 tries to get renegade I bet

How can you say this? Shotzy literally hasn't competed in 4v4 Halo and Renegade has subbed in for pro league and placed well on LAN.

Have you watched Shotzzy play much?

Have you watched Shotzzy play much?

Yes, he seems to be out of position and a detriment to his team more than anything. There's no doubt he's good but he's definitely overrated.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2