CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Owns one of the best Halo teams in the world. Has no idea they have a shot at winning over a million dollars in prize pool money. Something is wrong here or 343 is really bad at marketing the HCS.

Hecz mostly cares about CoD. 

And nobody except the Halo guys.. actually have any deep involvement into the Halo scene. 

Has there been any "official" roster announcement from any org(s)? It's been over a month since the Pro League season ended and there is still not a confirmed pro team (besides OpTic & Envy).

Has there been any "official" roster announcement from any org(s)? It's been over a month since the Pro League season ended and there is still not a confirmed pro team (besides OpTic & Envy).

I assume we will be entering the "sleep and you're dropped" phase very shortly. Shall be interesting as usual with roster lock right around the corner. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tier 2 shitpost.

I think it's really disturbing that these forums are so anti-343 that any mention of gratitude towards them gets met with the assumption of a shitpost.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it's really disturbing that these forums are so anti-343 that any mention of gratitude towards them gets met with the assumption of a shitpost.

I love 343 because without them we would be tier 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

team changes a day before roster lock. never change halo pros/top ams

Wasn't there a rumor the other day about a 2gre, Shotzzy, Bubu, shooter squad?  :holmes:

I love 343 because without them we would be tier 4

I agree that we're definitely in a better place than we were 4 years ago, but in all fairness, they have done a whole lot wrong. It sometimes feels like they're only doing a half-ass job of helping Halo eSports. Yeah, they've brought us far, but they choose to not do so much at the same time. At least in my opinion.

Hell, still better than H4 times though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shotzzy leaving 2gres Daycare for E6

Edit: All but confirmed

source? I thought they said something about in 2gres stream but didnt think was serious.

I agree that we're definitely in a better place than we were 4 years ago, but in all fairness, they have done a whole lot wrong. It sometimes feels like they're only doing a half-ass job of helping Halo eSports. Yeah, they've brought us far, but they choose to not do so much at the same time. At least in my opinion.

Hell, still better than H4 times though.

there's no denying it's been a rocky road but I'm willing to forgive them for everything considering how much they've invested in competitive halo
  • Upvote (+1) 2

source?

• OGRE2 shut off his stream right away cause he had to tell Articc something
  • Read his GF's latest tweet
  • Renegade tweeted hes a F/A (wonder who he got dropped for last minute?)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

• OGRE2 shut off his stream right away cause he had to tell Articc something
  • Read his GF's latest tweet
  • Renegade tweeted hes a F/A (wonder who he got dropped for last minute?)

good point I didn't see her tweet.. probably right

Hypothesis for heavy aiming people:

If an enemy player is within some critical angular distance of your line of sight, the game adds a drag term to any relative angular velocity between the opponent's position and your own look angle. So it will add an additional, un-commanded turning rate on top of whatever the controller is inputting if, on the next frame, the enemy is getting farther away from your reticle.

When your aim feels heavy, the game is likely using an opponent player model position that is <latency> ms old when it calculates this drag term.

Eureka?

To disprove this, we'd need some video of heavy aiming without an opponent involved. But I bet most people only care about their aiming precision when they're losing a pistol fight, and thus haven't noticed that it's fine when no player magnetism is involved.