CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Worlds are coming back, open LANs are verified, and crooked Str8 still hasn't shipped any hoodies. Sad!

you know you've done wrong when donald is pissed with you

tumblr_ll0c03yy2K1qdx3eso1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Worlds are coming back, open LANs are verified, and crooked Str8 still hasn't shipped any hoodies. Sad!

We should lock T2 back up in jail! :kappa: 

kw4E68x.png

rXUfGOB.gif

I need to go outside more

you wanna give me like 2k of that?  

Gold bar envy...

A few buddies are really starting to enjoy watching competitive Halo for the first time. They didn't really understand why descope was a mechanic. They honestly (without ever playing much Halo) thought that it would be too jarring and frustrating to play with. I thought I'd make a video to explain a few reasons descope is important. My mic quality is awful, and I'm not used to talking to myself and recording it. Let me know what you think. I also tried to make it so people that don't play Halo could better understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEycr0QfBJ4&feature=youtu.be

What made Cloud perhaps the best sniper in 2010 was his ability to never twitch his sniper when he got descoped and was either able to hit the no scope or quickly zoom right back into where he was. very rarely you saw him do what Elamite and Hysteria did when they got descoped

• Upvote (+1) 1

What made Cloud perhaps the best sniper in 2010 was his ability to never twitch his sniper when he got descoped and was either able to hit the no scope or quickly zoom right back into where he was. very rarely you saw him do what Elamite and Hysteria did when they got descoped

this is partially why Cloud was so scary at Octagon in H3

Happy Naded found a team, a good one too IMO.

It's a shame what's happened with Ace/Apg/Heinz, but I can't help but blame some of this on Ace/APG's nonchalant attitude towards Halo. They've had a week to find two new teammates (one if Heinz isn't retiring) but they just haven't done anything. There are plenty of AMs who would like to team with them. Also, I'm 90% sure that Ace would have gotten pro offers if he separated himself from APG. They're just a weak duo together, Ace is the only truly desirable player.

Heinz should stay until after Worlds. I don't think he is completely washed, he can place top 7.

7 NA teams at Worlds sucks so bad, it makes no sense. It makes less players want to compete.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

A few buddies are really starting to enjoy watching competitive Halo for the first time. They didn't really understand why descope was a mechanic. They honestly (without ever playing much Halo) thought that it would be too jarring and frustrating to play with. I thought I'd make a video to explain a few reasons descope is important. My mic quality is awful, and I'm not used to talking to myself and recording it. Let me know what you think. I also tried to make it so people that don't play Halo could better understand it.

Slightly redundant explanation but overall very good and the redundancy is probably good for less-informed players to be honest.  The mic quality actually didn't bother me at all because you were still easy to understand with good speaking pace and you used some good examples.

The one thing i thought was missing was an explanation of the alternative mechanic of flinch.  I think a clip or 2 from Halo 4 or CoD explaining how descope replaces the scoped-flinch mechanic and why descope (imo) is superior for separating players would have put that vid over the top.

But overall good content!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Player owned org maybe?

it's brilliant for HWC

they don't have to share their prize money with an org 

it's brilliant for HWC

they don't have to share their prize money with an org

While that might be true, it doesn't seem like this was their first choice considering how many orgs Spartan was contacting. I think this is the result of less good orgs being interested or wanting to sign good deals for Halo teams anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slightly redundant explanation but overall very good and the redundancy is probably good for less-informed players to be honest.  The mic quality actually didn't bother me at all because you were still easy to understand with good speaking pace and you used some good examples.

The one thing i thought was missing was an explanation of the alternative mechanic of flinch.  I think a clip or 2 from Halo 4 or CoD explaining how descope replaces the scoped-flinch mechanic and why descope (imo) is superior for separating players would have put that vid over the top.

But overall good content!

I had an audio clip talking about flinch and about how it was used in Halo 4 and why it isn't as effective as descope. I ended up removing it simply because I wanted this to be purely about descope. Also everytime I tried to record myself talking about flinch I accidentally entered into a 30 minute rant talking about radar and sprint too =/

I had an audio clip talking about flinch and about how it was used in Halo 4 and why it isn't as effective as descope. I ended up removing it simply because I wanted this to be purely about descope. Also everytime I tried to record myself talking about flinch I accidentally entered into a 30 minute rant talking about radar and sprint too =/

As long as you made the proper transition into Ninja playing too much H1Z1 and Roybox not grinding enough, the rant would have been fine for the video.

• Upvote (+1) 6

While that might be true, it doesn't seem like this was their first choice considering how many orgs Spartan was contacting. I think this is the result of less good orgs being interested or wanting to sign good deals for Halo teams anymore.

he was trying to get on faze which is arguably the most prominent team in video games 

idk what level of compensation they were asking for but orgs are interested

Wow, I always thought that Lenny was joking when he said that him and Spartan were gonna make a team together. he was dropping intel the entire time. 

Happy Naded found a team, a good one too IMO.

It's a shame what's happened with Ace/Apg/Heinz, but I can't help but blame some of this on Ace/APG's nonchalant attitude towards Halo. They've had a week to find two new teammates (one if Heinz isn't retiring) but they just haven't done anything. There are plenty of AMs who would like to team with them. Also, I'm 90% sure that Ace would have gotten pro offers if he separated himself from APG. They're just a weak duo together, Ace is the only truly desirable player.

Heinz should stay until after Worlds. I don't think he is completely washed, he can place top 7.

7 NA teams at Worlds sucks so bad, it makes no sense. It makes less players want to compete.

Again, lay off ace. He lost his grandma and being with family has to take priority

• Upvote (+1) 4