CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG playing Ryanoob's team right now, down 0 - 3.

Ryanoob loves playing Contra & Dev at this point  :lxthul:

Wish he were streaming it.

The score in the EG vs Ryanoob scrim is now EG 2, Ryanoob and friends 4. Ryanoob's team looks pretty good, but EG seems like they're just now getting warmed up.

I hope we get that information this month. It sucked getting the location like 2 or 3 weeks before like last time.  Based on that HCS timeline It seemed like it would be In March? but If thats the case that means there would be two Halo events in a month...Would be tough for spectators and what not to attend both Vegas and Worlds If they are close to each other.

Not neccesarily. The graphic of the timeline shows that the Halo World Championship ends in April.

While it's true that it's 100% Ninj's right and perogative to stream what he wants to stream, I will say that as a Ninja Twitch subscriber, it's a little disappointing. I've considered unsubbing more than once because for a while there he was just literally never playing H5. Now that he's playing with a team again, it puts me the consumer in a tough spot. There is some content that I want to see, but it's not nearly as often as I'd like for the money I'm paying. I haven't unsubbed yet, but only because I hope / believe he will become more constant as the season gets closer.

Anybody feel the same? It's all well and good for him to live his life how he wants, but given that I'm set up to make a recurring donation every month, I feel justified in wanting some clarity in the product I'm buying. If I knew for a fact that my money was going towards "Occasionally, he streams a scrim. " for the forseeable future, then I would definitely cancel it.

I did feel the same way during the time he never played Halo 5 on stream or he would stream it to late for me (EU). So in the end I did cancel my 1,5 year subscription and told him why and he said he understood.

The clip that was posted some pages ago, where Victory X gets a 1v3 flagstop and Ninja and everyone goes off in the comms made me so glad. It was because things like that that made me start watching ninja back in Reach. I really hope him, vic x and the squad does well in Worlds. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just an observation from the past few months, Halo 5 viewership has gradually gone down to the point of being pretty irrelevant on twitch unless there's an event. Granted, we were always low in twitch game viewer list, but it seems to have become worst from what I can tell. This game at an international level is dead and we'd be lucky to break 2k viewership during scrims. Who's to blame for this, us, 343 Studios, Microsoft or maybe the PC master race? I think they all play apart as to why Halo 5 isn't more popular than it should be. The game itself isn't bad, just mismanaged.

• Downvote (-1) 2

"You're reading way too much into my motivations" ""Of course I'm just arguing semantics, this is really not a big deal" 

While it's true that it's 100% Ninj's right and perogative to stream what he wants to stream, I will say that as a Ninja Twitch subscriber, it's a little disappointing. I've considered unsubbing more than once because for a while there he was just literally never playing H5. Now that he's playing with a team again, it puts me the consumer in a tough spot. There is some content that I want to see, but it's not nearly as often as I'd like for the money I'm paying. I haven't unsubbed yet, but only because I hope / believe he will become more constant as the season gets closer.

Anybody feel the same? It's all well and good for him to live his life how he wants, but given that I'm set up to make a recurring donation every month, I feel justified in wanting some clarity in the product I'm buying. If I knew for a fact that my money was going towards "Occasionally, he streams a scrim. " for the forseeable future, then I would definitely cancel it.

Technically speaking, yes. But there is an implicit, emergent understanding that streamers are going to post content that you get access to as a subscriber. There is a reasonable expectation of abiding by that social contract. It would be as if you donated to a kickstarter that used the money to build something other than what the pitch implied. There would still be some legal recourse you could take since they misrepresented their planned usage of your donation. The law is fraught with peril for the seller in situations like these, and though I'm sure that Twitch has carefully ensured that the same thing could _not_ happen to streamers like Ninja, I think the analogy holds.

Of course I'm just arguing semantics, this is really not a big deal and I can easily unsub if I feel dissatisfied with the rewards from my "donation". It's just that he's notoriously mum on the next time he's going to be playing Halo, often even the night of. Sometimes the !scrims command gives some cryptic bullshit so I have to check in multiple times during the night only to discover it's going to be H1Z1 the whole time. It's just kind of annoying, that's all.

To wit, is Ninja's team playing tonight? !scrims says "Yes there will be scrims tonight" - is that an old message? Is it possible there's an NV scrim??

So if on February 2nd, day after all the sub $'s tick, he just started streaming him doing workouts and cooking, with no video games or explanation of why not, you would just say that's the way the cookie crumbles, right?

Well I would actually agree with you. We all made donations under the presumption that he could "keep doing what he's doing", and though it never occurred to me that streaming might not even involve playing an FPS at all, that is totally in bounds for him. But I also claim that I could be rightfully disappointed about that decision, and I could further say that it felt a little lame that he didn't warn anybody the character of the stream was going to change.

You're reading way too much into my motivations, but my devil's advocate point here is just that sure, he's nowhere near that, but it was kind of a baby step down that road. I'm a grown ass adult, I don't really care about the $5. I'm just arguing the principle of the thing, and saying I can see why some people make noises about this.

p5THXsM.gif
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Spartan has come full circle...again. Cant wait to see this happen again before worlds.

I'm a fan of Spartan and support his endeavors but he really needs to stop this behavior of "I suffer from depression therefore I can say and do what I want if I'm sorry later because people will understand."  This vicious cycle of acting out and then apologizing only to do it again in a month shows that he's not really learning anything from these experiences.  That, or short term memory.  It's unfortunate because he effectively puts a huge bullseye on his back that says "I am overly sensitive and you can easily exploit that."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just an observation from the past few months, Halo 5 viewership has gradually gone down to the point of being pretty irrelevant on twitch unless there's an event. Granted, we were always low in twitch game viewer list, but it seems to have become worst from what I can tell. This game at an international level is dead and we'd be lucky to break 2k viewership during scrims. Who's to blame for this, us, 343 Studios, Microsoft or maybe the PC master race? I think they all play apart as to why Halo 5 isn't more popular than it should be. The game itself isn't bad, just mismanaged.

Its simple. It's a reflection of the playerbase. The relatively small player base compared to the bigger twitch titles means fewer personalities emerge, and fewer people to watch.

If it would have launched with better social features, Forge, pc forge (with good controls), it would have been a better title to stream. As it stands competive Halo is the only thing worth watching....and it's a small scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan has come full circle...again. Cant wait to see this happen again before worlds.

I'll give him about a month

• Upvote (+1) 4