CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does MLG own the rights to all the old team names from that era? are Final Boss and Instinct unable to be used as well?

Does MLG own the rights to all the old team names form that era? are Final Boss and Instinct unable to be used as well?

Mlg has thise rights, but if hcs really is gonna partner with mlg in summer and fall, maybe those names can be allowed to come back

Another scrim that just ended is the problem solvers vs LG scrim. PS 11 - 2.

That team looks looks like it is going to be top 4 for sure

Well that's wat happens when LG is playing against 4 committed pros who play this game 24/7 and LG has H1Z1 pro who only plays scrims and 1 veteran who only plays scrims. Their only committed player came from AM team and is currently best on the team.

Like, what would you expect that score was? Watching that scrim from Spartan POV proved how important is to play the game besides scrims. Ninjas POV looks like AM gameplay now.

PS. Remember how "good" Assault was when he only played scrims because had 0 motivation for this game. He was so bad that he retired.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Finally got my AGL 10 Indianapolis team pass, now I just need my Str8 hoodies.

1-2 weeks and I'm golden.

I can't imagine you paying for the plane ticket to get to Indianapolis let alone go to an AGL event.

Well that's wat happens when LG is playing against 4 committed pros who play this game 24/7 and LG has H1Z1 pro who only plays scrims and 1 veteran who only plays scrims. Their only committed player came from AM team and is currently best on the team.

Like, what would you expect that score was? Watching that scrim from Spartan POV proved how important is to play the game besides scrims. Ninjas POV looks like AM gameplay now.

PS. Remember how "good" Assault was when he only played scrims because had 0 motivation for this game. He was so bad that he retired.

did you watch any other LG scrims? I mean your post would make sense if they list every scrim by that margin.

PS lost 11-2 to Optic, what happened there?

LG went 8-5 against Optic, what happened there?

Could it be a matchup scenario where one team just has a playstyle the other team can't cope with? Just a bad day?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Another scrim that just ended is the problem solvers vs LG scrim. PS 11 - 2.

That team looks looks like it is going to be top 4 for sure

On paper, they do. But that 4th spot is up for grabs for most any team not named Optic, Envy, or Liquid. They had a great scrim tonight, but they weren't playing like that in their other scrims. This team reminds me of the old RNG team. The top end is really really high, but they have the potential to crumble as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did you watch any other LG scrims? I mean your post would make sense if they list every scrim by that margin.

PS lost 11-2 to Optic, what happened there?

LG went 8-5 against Optic, what happened there?

Could it be a matchup scenario where one team just has a playstyle the other team can't cope with? Just a bad day?

I did, I've watched all LG scrims. I'm wondering why Ninja does not run some Halo besides scrims since he is a HALO Pro. And he has all the time in the world to do that. But no, he plays H1Z1 90% of time

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 23

I did, I've watched all LG scrims. I'm wondering why Ninja does not run some Halo besides scrims since he is a HALO Pro. And he has all the time in the world to do that. But no, he plays H1Z1 90% of time

He plays matchmaking off stream and sometimes scrims off stream, just because you aren't seeing it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Why are you so triggered and fixated on this? It was one off scrim, it happens :simms:

BTW, you forgot to introduce yourself. Everybody, this is Miq - he's head of the new Esports division at Fox News.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't feel like any of these new squads are signficantly better then there old squads were tbh and I really can't see any of them being good enough to beat Optic/nV on LAN.

It's still kinda mind boggling to me that the Stellur/Bubu/Contra/Shooter squad didn't stick together when they managed to beat Optic in a scrim something none of the current new squads have managed to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe because he earns a hell of a lot more playing h1z1. (I know crazy right)

Have you seen some of the donations he gets?

Shit is off the wall, there is no way anyone else earns as much stream revenue as him (that is a halo pro).

Next how much progress do you think he will make playing match making? 

Maniac played halo 5 matchmaking relentlessly (was he any good)

Spartan plays it almost everyday (is he a top 5 player)

Royal 2 hardly ever plays it (does he suck)

Ninja is in my opinion one of the smartest pro's there is as he has realized the hard truth that there is little chance of anyone except NV and optic are taking the top 2 places at worlds.  So therefore halo tournament winnings probably aren't going to be sustainable for a gauranteed source of income, that and the fact he ,may have realized that halo's prize pools are so top heavy its crazy, (if anyone thinks this will continue with no growth you are crazy)

Next consider the year he has had, I think he may have been dropped from every single team he was on? Correct if me if I am wrong, that has gotta be hard to take. Factor in the fact that his team has little to no chance of winning (likely will finish 3-6th )and you can clearly see why ninja is looking at and exploring other avenues)

He is setting himself up for after halo, and I applaud him for it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Scrim Result

Red Team: OG (Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, Frosty) vs. Blue Team: EG (Roy, Contra, PreDevonator, Lunchbox)

Plaza SH: OG 100-60 EG

Rig Slayer: OG 50-31 EG

Truth CTF: OG 3-0 EG

Regret Slayer: OG 40-50 EG

Eden SH: OG 100-10 EG

Plaza Slayer: OG 41-50 EG

Coli CTF: OG 3-1 EG

Truth Slayer: OG 37-50 EG

Rig SH: OG 100-6 EG

Coli Slayer: OG 50-37 EG

Fathom CTF: OG 0-3 EG

Eden Slayer: OG 49-50 EG

Empire SH: OG 100-48 EG

Final Result: OG 8-5 EG

Takeaways

Definitely encouraging signs from EG as they only lost 8-5 to both OG & NV as of recently. NV & OG though obviously still top 2. Idk about you all but I'm definitely excited for the next LAN.

Yo, I really appreciate your scrim posts! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I see people are still overreacting to scrim results.

OpTic and nV are still >>>> until someone proves it on LAN

• Upvote (+1) 6

Because he's a streamer by profession. He earns his living by streaming H1Z1. He has responsibilities and goals that streaming and competing in Halo alone can't help him accomplish.

He has a fiancee. 2 dogs. A car. Rent. And Im pretty sure he said he's looking to buy a house soon.

God forbid he prioritize his personal happiness over your desire to watch him play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we just like, auto temp-ban people that keep saying "Ninja needs to play more HALOOOOO. Fuck the game that allows him to make a good living doing something he loves and has been working towards for the last 7 years."?

I hope this is a troll and you dont actually believe that because if you do gtfo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The fact that Ninja is still playing Halo in the state it's in is a testament to how much he cares for the scene. Literally the only financially-worthwhile thing he could achieve is top 4 at worlds, because he could literally play H1Z1 for the length of it's lifespan and be very well-off; focusing his content efforts and making a decent living off a game he actually enjoys.

Y'all entitled :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that Ninja is still playing Halo in the state it's in is a testament to how much he cares for the scene. Literally the only financially-worthwhile thing he could achieve is top 4 at worlds, because he could literally play H1Z1 for the length of it's lifespan and be very well-off; focusing his content efforts and making a decent living off a game he actually enjoys.

Y'all entitled :kappa:

Ninja is probably making 150k+ a year streaming H1z1 he would have to win Worlds to make that kind of money in Halo.

Ikr. If i were him i would only stream the game that gets half the viewers of his h1z1 games even though he probably made over 100k last year on donations alone. Not to mention the money from his nearly 5k subs who come for h1z1 each month.

The h1z1 ninja hate has vanished since its proved to be a valuable business move and since he enjoys it so much. He grinds halo mostly off stream but does stream a lot of halo still. He can have a second game to build himself a brand much like other pros have other commitments

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1