CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Scrim Result

Red Team: (BabyJ, DasTroyed, Prototype, Ryanoob) vs. Blue Team: (Articc, Shotzzy, Saiyan, Ogre 2)

Eden SH: 49-100

Regret Slayer: 47-50

Coli CTF: 3-1

Plaza SH: 100-15

Regret Slayer: 43-50

Fathom CTF: 2-3

Rig SH: 79-100

Plaza Slayer: 50-43

Truth CTF: 1-3

Empire SH: 63-100

Coli Slayer: 50-34

Rig Slayer: 50-44

Eden Slayer: 45-50

Final Result: Red Team 5-8 Blue Team

Takeaways

Really impressed by both Articc's and Shotzzy's ability to slay. It feels like 2gre's veteran experience and ability to anchor will bring them success in the future. And Saiyan is overall just a great player with very few flaws in his game. Overall this scrim was very close with lots of either or games.

What I really like about the other team is you have 4 really well rounded players who all seemed to take turns shining in both their slaying and objective abilities. They work really well as a cohesive unit. One game BabyJ and Ryanoob would go off slaying and Prototype and DasTroyed would go off in the next. I would say their best strength is each players ability to adapt to nearly any given in-game situation.

Did someone stream it?

tweets like this give me massive dejavu

• Upvote (+1) 1

You keep saying this, but it isn't true. EG only had to win one game vs Liquid in their last series to avoid relegation. They just happened to win the entire series.

So what you're saying is rather then one FIVE game series. Lunch and Roy where literally one GAME away from being relegated. Query how is that any better! That's so much worse! ONE game from being relegated!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 21

So what you're saying is rather then one FIVE game series. Lunch and Roy where literally one GAME away from being relegated. Query how is that any better! That's so much worse! ONE game from being relegated!

They weren't one game from being relegated, they were one game from going to relegation. Two very different things.

Also I mentioned Bubu earlier. There's also players like Shooter, Suspector, Cntra, Devon. How can you call any of them washed? Literally 0 logic to you saying Roybox are washed. You've provided no half-decent arguments aside from the fact that they didn't have great Pro League seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 5

tumblr_mc9x3vmCCr1r3gh8ro1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

No, what I'm saying is that they did not have to win their final series against Liquid to avoid going to relegation. They only had to win one game of that series to stay in 6th. Anything other than a 3-0 in Liquid's favor and they stay out of relegation.

But more importantly- why are you randomly capitalizing certain words and using so many exclamation points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, what I'm saying is that they did not have to win their final series against Liquid to avoid going to relegation. They only had to win one game of that series to stay in 6th. Anything other than a 3-0 in Liquid's favor and they stay out of relegation.

But more importantly- why are you randomly capitalizing certain words and using so many exclamation points.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crowdfunding is probably only going towards the worlds prize pool like last time.

I swear they announced crowd funding for 3 tounies? Guess I imagined it haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They weren't one game from being relegated, they were one game from going to relegation. Two very different things.

Also I mentioned Bubu earlier. There's also players like Shooter, Suspector, Cntra, Devon. How can you call any of them washed? Literally 0 logic to you saying Roybox are washed. You've provided no half-decent arguments aside from the fact that they didn't have great Pro League seasons.

Quite simple: 

bubu and shooter had cratos, that burger is playing with AM's right now,

contra and devon quite literally don't care about online halo meanwhile thanks to towey's series up to speed we know roybox is trying their asses off.

As for providing evidence:

has any pro included either of them in the top 4 player outside of OG and NV?

What have their placings been since xgames?

Have they made season finals yet?

Niether one of them has as much free time as other pro's 

In comparison to the average halo player they are still gods, but they nowhere near their own high standards. Hence why they are washed. Similarly Tiger woods is also considered finished/washed/irrelevant as he like the twins has failed to recapture his former glory but is still better than most pro's. You should not be comparing them to other players you should be comparing them against themselves, as that points to the downward spiral. 

They are no longer relevant, they are just there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Quite simple:

bubu and shooter had cratos, that burger is playing with AM's right now,

contra and devon quite literally don't care about online halo meanwhile thanks to towey's series up to speed we know roybox is trying their asses off.

As for providing evidence:

has any pro included either of them in the top 4 player outside of OG and NV?

What have their placings been since xgames?

Have they made season finals yet?

Niether one of them has as much free time as other pro's

In comparison to the average halo player they are still gods, but they nowhere near their own high standards. Hence why they are washed. Similarly Tiger woods is also considered finished/washed/irrelevant as he like the twins has failed to recapture his former glory but is still better than most pro's. You should not be comparing them to other players you should be comparing them against themselves, as that points to the downward spiral.

They are no longer relevant, they are just there.

Classic smee meeIJ

washed is no longer getting 1st? soooo, if brady doesn't win the superbowl he's washed?

snipedown was washed because he wasn't getting 1st with envyus?

im so confused by this logic rn

OpTic are so washed rn dude  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

washed is no longer getting 1st? soooo, if brady doesn't win the superbowl he's washed?

they are no longer even competitive, they have no hope of wining an event, it would be a miracle for them to place in the top 4 (something they haven't done in 8 months) .

and when the talent pool is as small as it is in halo, that is pretty damming. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

they are no longer even competitive, they have no hope of wining an event, it would be a miracle for them to place in the top 4 (something they haven't done in 8 months) .

A miracle, yet at the last tourney they went to, they went game 5 against NV, and game 5 vs str8 for top 4?
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Being someone who's there rn, it makes a lot of sense and honestly a great post, never really saw it like that. All the mind games I play with myself on that topic and that one kinda simplified it.

@smee

• Upvote (+1) 4

On on side If you look at their past teammates in h5 I think every single one of them has gone on to outplace them besides suspector and most of them have been placing top 4. That's lethul commonly snipedown victory x, and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if ninja and stellur outplace them as well.

I agree that they may be washed compared to their former selves, however I believe this is because of the limited hours they put into h5.I know they've been scrimming but what I've noticed is Roybox scrim a lot more at the beginning of a season then at the end. Until roybox start putting in consistent hours into h5 I don't think they'll see success, but if they do practice consistently I can see them making top 4 especially on lan. I'm pretty sure 2gre played more than them last season. If the analyst is playing more than the players that's a problem imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

On on side If you look at their past teammates in h5 I think every single one of them has gone on to outplace them besides suspector and most of them have been placing top 4. That's lethul commonly snipedown victory x, and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if ninja and stellur outplace them as well.dan

I agree that they may be washed compared to their former selves, however I believe this is because of the limited hours they put into h5.I know they've been scrimming but what I've noticed is Roybox scrim a lot more at the beginning of a season then at the end. Until roybox start putting in consistent hours into h5 I don't think they'll see success, but if they do practice consistently I can see them making top 4 especially on lan. I'm pretty sure 2gre played more than them last season. If the analyst is playing more than the players that's a problem imo

Suspector s high school shit got in the way of practice in season 1.

I just don't get the obsession with shit talking roybox. So they're not as elite as they were to you, they should quit even though they're still better than the vast majority of aspiring pros? They should just pass up the easy money then? It's like you guys want to see worse players just because.

I swear they announced crowd funding for 3 tounies? Guess I imagined it haha.

No you didn't, they did say the pot would be split to all 3 lans
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Here we have the sole purpose of needler in the Arena playlist.

Lol i cant wait for some T2 flashbacks while casting.

Seriously though, dont knock the needler until you try it with camo.

There are more impressively talented AMs right now than halo has had in a long time, and the twins have never been in danger of getting ousted from pro league.

Washed they are not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its hard to imagine the PS sticking together. What are the roster lock rules for the LAN season? If they disband after StL I could see this becoming a mess.

Yeah you're right, they have been amazing these past few months, going from strength to strength and have the pick of the bunch of F/A's.

I hear Huke and Royal 2 are considering leaving their teams to team with them 2 geniuses.

Ya know, I actually agree with you about 2gre/Shotzzy. I'm not sure what 2gre could pass onto Shotzzy that other, currently better pros could not as well. However, when you say it in the douchiest way possible and package that with saying dumb (and false) shit about the twins, no one can or will take you seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2