CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yay, we're back to the Twins being washed again... It's clearly not true, but you must be hoping if you say it enough it will be.

Yeah you're right, they have been amazing these past few months, going from strength to strength and have the pick of the bunch of F/A's.

I hear Huke and Royal 2 are considering leaving their teams to team with them 2 geniuses.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

2gre can teach him how to become a better Halo player in general.

and can other pro's not do the same?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah you're right, they have been amazing these past few months, going from strength to strength and have the pick of the bunch of F/A's.

I hear Huke and Royal 2 are considering leaving their teams to team with them 2 geniuses.

Not being the best in the game does not equal washed. Sometimes you're going to get the rough end of the bargain in all of Halo's (incredibly numerous) rostermanias. They have avoided Relegation each season of pro league, if they were washed as you said they'd be relegated easily.

They are washed by their own standards.

They are no longer even in top 4 discussions.

They re nowhere close to their previous skill levels.

Just because they have managed to secure their pro status does not mean they aren't on a downward spiral that only seems to be going in one direction and shows no signs of reversing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just because they have managed to secure their pro status does not mean they aren't on a downward spiral that only seems to be going in one direction and shows no signs of reversing.

Many still consider Roy a top10 player or close to it.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

TIL Ace, APG, Contra, and Predevonator are not strong F/As

• Upvote (+1) 2

TIL Ace, APG, Contra, and Predevonator are not strong F/As

But those are leftovers, that is my point, they aren't anyone's first option. Why do top players like stellur, snipedown, lethul keep leaving if they are so great.

And just so were clear, Contra and Devon are in my opinion the most attractive f/a's right now but they don't seem to have many options because of their perceived shitty attitudes a bit like naded.

• Downvote (-1) 2

As one of the older members I can say that listening and learning from more experienced people is well invested time. Something I surely would have gained a lot from when I was young. So when people say that Ogre2, the best halo player ever, can´t teach you something I just shake my fucking head. Being a god Halo player is not only about raw skill. Having Ogre2 as a mentor must be the most awesome thing for a young gun who would love to make a career in esport.

• Upvote (+1) 9

2gre can teach him how to become a better Halo player in general.

>implying Halo 5 is a Halo game

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

same skill level, different game

As one of the older members I can say that listening and learning from more experienced people is well invested time. Something I surely would have gained a lot from when I was young. So when people say that Ogre2, the best halo player ever, can´t teach you something I just shake my fucking head. Being a god Halo player is not only about raw skill. Having Ogre2 as a mentor must be the most awesome thing for a young gun who would love to make a career in esport.

but 2gre isn't the only halo veteran, that shotzy could learn from, 2gre is a halo god yes, noone is arguing that however he has seen no success at all in halo 5 in the past 12 months. With that said I think 2gre's ability to teach shotzy is quite limited unless they play halo 1 - Reach. And if 2gre was able to have such an influence, Why aren't teams lining up for him to be their coach/analyst? Surely he would be sought after. 

2gre was only an analysy for eg. it was up to the team to implement what was being said and if they didnt, then it's not necessarily his fault. as a teammate, i think he can do more to craft and improve those playing with them. i'm sure shotzzy knows this team is more for his improvement to get on a pro team for summer league vs trying to come in and win worlds for his first time out. in his shoes i'd want a player who has won events across multiple titles grooming me for success

• Upvote (+1) 1

but 2gre isn't the only halo veteran, that shotzy could learn from, 2gre is a halo god yes, noone is arguing that however he has seen no success at all in halo 5 in the past 12 months. With that said I think 2gre's ability to teach shotzy is quite limited unless they play halo 1 - Reach. And if 2gre was able to have such an influence, Why aren't teams lining up for him to be their coach/analyst? Surely he would be sought after. 

He is/was an analyst for EG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if 2gre was able to have such an influence, Why aren't teams lining up for him to be their coach/analyst? Surely he would be sought after. 

Before Season 1 Relegations, Team Liquid asked 2gre if he would be interested in coaching, but he declined -- presumably because he was already working or planning to work with Evil Geniuses to become their analyst+

But he's been EG's analyst for all of Season 2, so it's not like other teams are gonna actively try to poach him.

• Upvote (+1) 5

but 2gre isn't the only halo veteran, that shotzy could learn from, 2gre is a halo god yes, noone is arguing that however he has seen no success at all in halo 5 in the past 12 months. With that said I think 2gre's ability to teach shotzy is quite limited unless they play halo 1 - Reach. And if 2gre was able to have such an influence aren't teams lining up for him to be their coach/analyst. Surely he would be sought after.

I would bet that Ogre2 knowledge about H5 is way beyond many of the pro players. He is a "old" guy from an esport perspective but as a trainer that doesnt matter and again...if the goal is to be a pro player I think a very young person will reach his goals even faster with some guidance from one of the most experienced esport legends ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before Season 1 Relegations, Team Liquid asked 2gre if he would be interested in coaching, but he declined -- presumably because he was already working or planning to work with Evil Geniuses to become their analyst+

Was not aware of this, Thank you.

Lost internet and my connection to civilization for the last three days. I miss anything?

The sun is a star.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Look I don't like ogre2

But he's been putting time in the game. Let's not forget that Piatola did 180, in the span of one season. Ogre while I don't think he's making that same turn. He's been better recently. Go watch rebroadcast from he's live stream from like 3/4 month ago to today. His improvement is actually pretty good

• Downvote (-1) 7

Not being the best in the game does not equal washed. Sometimes you're going to get the rough end of the bargain in all of Halo's (incredibly numerous) rostermanias. They have avoided Relegation each season of pro league, if they were washed as you said they'd be relegated easily.

The avoided relegation by ONE series let's not pretend that they were narrowly lost their top 4 finals spot!

• Downvote (-1) 1

What Cratos said about how much benefit 2gre has to offer Shotzzy holds some truth to it - after all, it really is "just Halo". Ogre 2 is not a mystical guru taking his young protégé onto a mountain to teach him the ways of Halo, as some people here almost seem to believe (it sure is fun to believe, though)

However, there is no denying that there are at least some things to be learned by playing with someone with the winning history of Ogre 2, and most of them don't deal directly with gameplay. There is a qualitative difference in the way that top pro teams approach Halo and also in the way that they deal with and discuss their gameplay issues that separates them from AM teams. Shotzzy has almost no experience in this field, Ogre 2 has over a decade's worth of experience on winning Halo teams and therefore has a great understanding of what attitude and approach it takes for a TEAM to succeed, as he has been through so many successful (and some unsuccessful) teams.

This combined with Ogre 2's personality (very easy to get along with, is able to offer criticism without being abrasive) makes Ogre 2 a valuable teammate for Shotzzy at this time in his development as a Halo player. So yeah, Ogre 2 is beneficial to Shotzzy, but let's not overstate his influence until Shotzzy tells us otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 6

this is all because 2gre doesn't always respond to people in his chat, i'm betting. 

repression is bad, so i guess it's nice that people who feel maligned by the GOAT can use beyond to broadcast their angst.  

• Upvote (+1) 1