CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

why tf is this screenshot from the beta

cause he probably just grabbed a random one on the internet

Honestly, outside of Og and Nv, teams are too much of a mess for Shotzzy to care right now. Best thing those guys can do right now is stick together. There will be better oportunities later on if they decide to split.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, outside of Og and Nv, teams are too much of a mess for Shotzzy to care right now. Best thing those guys can do right now is stick together. There will be better oportunities later on if they decide to split.

Has there been a beyond tourney where shotzzy bubu and falcated teamed, and they didn't win? (I hope there is a beyond tourney before UGC)

I could easily see renegade getting the boot for him. Might suck for him but oh well

TL 9-4 eg

Several close games including two 50-49 slayers. Eg is scrimming optic on sun

Yeah let's listen to the guy who personally insults tournament organizers. :bman:

w6h7emQ.png

Context is important here as Phade, who was hand picked by 343 Industries to host a Halo event, was on the forums calling Halo a dead game.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If the points are shared by the players, that would be the most amazing thing that hcs has done to the tournament structure

@@TheSimms @@Timo any clarification on this

Can't answer this at present as I honestly don't know, would assume its all covered in the rulebook.

Then this pretty much devalues UGC LAN event if the HCS points are only used for seeding purposes instead of being used to determine who qualifies for worlds hopefully it's not too late for format changes.

@@TheSimms @@Vivi @@Timo

As an ESL employee I can't comment on the above as I literally have nothing to do with it, sorry I'm not much help :/ I can certainly forward the feedback but I'd assume both parties have gone over all the negatives and positives and changes have been made based off player feedback for the better and the masses.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@TheSimms - I just want to say thank you...You are always here watching and responding. <3

And I still is hyped as fuck for the next LAN. Competitive Halo is the best.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just thinking of Ogre2 taking some young guns under his wings is amazing. He truly is the goat. Who could guess that he would be one of the top Halo streamers on Twitch when he retired? He has streamed 62 hours the last 30 days.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I still dislike the structure of Worlds more than anything else.

Sure there should be invited teams but reserving spots for weaker teams from anywhere else over a better team makes no sense, I still think having an Open and a championship bracket at worlds would be better, make the event huge over a couple of days and still invite a lot of foreign teams, but there can also be the real top teams.

UGC St.Louis change was a little too drastic, but something had to be done, if you would have gotten 4th at St.Louis you would be able to go to Vegas, make extra cash and more practice, though they could have made it like that only the first gets a Worlds spot or that the follow up at Vegas would get the spot if they won again.

A fleshed out propoints system would be the best though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has there been a beyond tourney where shotzzy bubu and falcated teamed, and they didn't win? (I hope there is a beyond tourney before UGC)

I could easily see renegade getting the boot for him. Might suck for him but oh well

TL 9-4 eg

Several close games including two 50-49 slayers. Eg is scrimming optic on sun

they had huke in that tourney. it was a pickup team and they played against pickup teams

light moves 186,000 miles per second, and it STILL takes over 3 minutes for a photon of light to travel from the Earth to Mars. 

f5xEa1c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh thaaaaaat's why he retired. lol

It always cracks me up when old school players like Maniac and Hysteria claim "I hate Halo 5" is the reason they aren't competing anymore.

They very well may hate H5. I'm sure there are more than a few pros who don't like H5 all that much. However, they aren't competing because they're average now.

If you have no passion for something, it is hard to master it in the same way as something that you love. When you're playing a game that you love and your character dies you might think something like, "I messed up. How can I do better next time?" because you have a passion for the game and your competitive spirit compels you to improve. When you're playing a game that you hate and you die to a spartan charging storm rifle user a certain level of your concentration might be occupied with disdain for the game. It's hard to feel compelled to improve if your competitive spirit doesn't find the game worthy.

Add to that that Maniac and Hysteria have had a decent level of success in more competitive games and might not have as much of a passion to prove themselves, the fact that they're both older and might not have as much of a passion for videogames in general, and the fact that Maniac seems to have a pretty nice lifestyle making YouTube videos and hanging out with his friends in the Optic mansion and it seems possible that them being average could be because of their apathy for the game.

Of course, it is possible that they just couldn't adapt and sucked at H5 but I think you can see what I mean.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why tf is this screenshot from the beta

ffSpwFF.gif

Damn you are so hard to please. Its the first pic i found for quickness sake