CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pro points combined from all events would be the best. But an easy fix would be top 8 from UGC get automatic Vegas invite and be put in champ bracket. That way AM teams are rewarded if they play well at UGC and doesn't change the format too much. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

crucial HCS seeding points for the online events that follow, the qualifier in Las Vegas, and the Last Chance Qualifier at the end. For Las Vegas, the Top 6 teams (previously Top 3) will now be qualified directly to the Halo World Championship Finals, as that championship bracket will serve as the region’s main qualifier

ok yeah this dumb. lets introduce a point system, but not a good point system

giphy.gif

The announcement regarding the new qualification format is poor.

St. Louis goes from having ACTUAL RAMIFICATIONS TOWARD QUALIFICATION to being just for seeding.

Why are we not upset about this?

Why should teams care about St. Louis now? It just affects seeding for a double elimination tournament.

What is with 343's aversion to using Circuit Points?! They not only would give weight to St. Louis, as the "Top 3 in St. Louis qualify" would have, but it also increases amateur interest in the events, since not placing well still allows them pride and better methods of comparison among themselves.

Qualification points would be super cool instead of seeding.

Pro points combined from all events would be the best. But an easy fix would be top 8 from UGC get automatic Vegas invite and be put in champ bracket. That way AM teams are rewarded if they play well at UGC and doesn't change the format too much.

That would negate the online tourneys where points are awarded

That would negate the online tourneys where points are awarded

The points would still apply to the LCQ and how I think their system could work is for the top teams (AM or Pro) from UGC to get massive amounts of points for placing high and for the Online tourneys (that not a lot of people like to place importance on) to be worth way less. Giving UGC importance. Messy but it could work

Edit. this only works if Pro League teams aren't given automatic Vegas champs bracket spots

Why should teams care about St. Louis now?  It just affects seeding for a double elimination tournament.

Because Worlds aside this event is an Open tournament that has 50k prize pool run by good TO and people should show up because everyone was demanding events.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Because Worlds aside this event is an Open tournament that has 50k prize pool run by good TO and people show up because everyone was demanding events.

Okay, so if I'm generic team #5 that's trying to qualify for the probably 2 million dollar Worlds tournament, I'm gonna care about the 50k Prize Pool.

I completely understand your point, but on a larger scale, it's just made St. Louis irrelevant beyond being a decent display of high level Halo...but an ultimately irrelevant event.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Okay, so if I'm generic team #5 that's trying to qualify for the probably 2 million dollar Worlds tournament, I'm gonna care about the 50k Prize Pool.

I completely understand your point, but on a larger scale, it's just made St. Louis irrelevant beyond being a decent display of high level Halo...but an ultimately irrelevant event.

Congrats you got top 3 at St. Louis, but I'm at worlds now and you aren't... Can already see it happen.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My post above explains how it could work, not perfect but i think it would be fair

Congrats you got top 3 at St. Louis, but I'm at worlds now and you aren't... Can already see it happen.

To be fair, that could happen with just the points system as well if the team flops at Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 3

we really need to have these tourneys worth more. make it say 100k and take the extra from the worlds pool. 25-30k for the winning team is great when you have 5-6 lans for the season, but not when you have your next in a couple months

ninja seems to really enjoy challenging opponents who have scatter

with some of his challenges, i think his hud is actaully

XeE2cSF.png

he has no regard for his health sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 4

ninja seems to really enjoy challenging opponents who have scatter

at that level of play - sometimes its okay to give up a death in order to weaken someone with a power weapon or just let them use up the ammo while not in the middle of a situation that is objective based. then again i dont know the exact scenario you are referring to

you see players like lunchbox, apg and lethul do it all the time. ninja just has a LOT more eyes on him

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, if a team/player can't pay for/attend both events, obviously they'll try and go to Las Vegas instead since its the same money but with the potential to allow Worlds qualification.

Additionally, if even one team gets a rough bracket in Las Vegas and can't make Top 6, people will lose their minds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

at that level of play - sometimes its okay to give up a death in order to weaken someone with a power weapon or just let them use up the ammo while not in the middle of a situation that is objective based. then again i dont know the exact scenario you are referring to

you see players like lunchbox, apg and lethul do it all the time. ninja just has a LOT more eyes on him

Having not watched a lot of apg pov in h5 i couldnt say, but lunch and lethul have a tendency to thrust to safety much more than ninja does. Its not really a bad thing as i does allow ninja to pull of some slick plays but it does lead to a lot of deaths too

Additionally, if even one team gets a rough bracket in Las Vegas and can't make Top 6, people will lose their minds.

How is that any different than having a tough pool at REGIONALS? (NV)

You all are veryyyyy kind for how highly you think of myself. But to say my teammates wouldn't place top 4 without me is just silly. Without me they would still be at the very very top competing to win tournaments like we are now. Like any team I am a piece to a puzzle. I appreciate people thinking highly of me, but don't downplay what others do (Idk why that post bothered me). Hope you all are having a great new year :)

And he does it again folks. Long live Snakebite.

I'm a little bit confused that it isn't just combined points to determine seeds. Obviously you can tweak the numbers so that if a team has an insane event and wins Vegas out of nowhere they'd get one of the top 6 (or whatever) seeds.

with some of his challenges, i think his hud is actaully

XeE2cSF.png

he has no regard for his health sometimes

why tf is this screenshot from the beta

• Upvote (+1) 1