CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Roughly $75,000 now but sure 4 mil will work too.

For those curious about 4 million in 2005

f53a1efe5ff0ee9567d74019d6ce0755.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just sitting here, drinking beer, wishing Str8 were scrimming, and extremely excited at how close we are to a LAN Halo tournament. The next couple of months are going to be awesome.

No optimism allowed here, sir.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To make sure this point isn't clear enough, people just wanted better timing of it.

If No Radar was removed from UGC right now I'd be upset because of the practice time too. Would have been cool to announce it sooner. Hope improvements continue for the HCS, this is definitely another step in the right direction.

Well we only got confirmed settings today too.

That's what happens when you announce a tourney with only a month's notice and come out with an inferior format. They had to hear feedback before they could even make a decision.

The bigger gripe should be how long we had to wait for the age limit to change.

Well reading the various posts would help.

I've read the posts.

UGC is not less important. So that complaint makes no sense. (It could even be considered more important, because not performing well COULD knock you completely out of contention)

Then there's the complaints about timing... sure you'd like it to have been earlier or from the start. But this revelation has no effect on how competitors will prepare. They were going to play to win UGC regardless, and if they didn't get top 3 they were going to play to win Vegas. Nothing has changed.

This is one of those things that is better late than never. Sending the top 3 from UGC to worlds, then having them bust the Vegas bracket actually hampers competitive integrity.

Making this announcement late does not.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roughly $75,000 now but sure 4 mil will work too.

Mlg didn't even have prize pools that high for non playoffs until 07 anyway.

Changing the entire format and structure of a tournament two weeks before is unacceptable regardless of what you all think. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Changing the entire format and structure of a tournament two weeks before is unacceptable regardless of what you all think.

It's also unacceptable to run a $1,000,000+ tournament with inherent flaws in the structure... (we already had Worlds 2016 go down that path)

Fixing the broken structure late is definately the the lesser of the two evils.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah let's listen to the guy who personally insults tournament organizers.  :bman:

w6h7emQ.png

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less how "pancake" is an insult.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less how "pancake" is an insult.

I see no way how he did not mean it as an insult. That was his prerogative. 

Edit: I mean cmon, even frank has admitted he's an asshole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

North America -­ 13 years of age

Latin America ­- 18 years of age

Australia -­ 15 years of age

New Zealand -­ 13 years of age

Europe - 16 years of age

Thank the lord.

I expect this post to get a 2gre upvote.

NORTH AMERICA QUALIFICATION FORMAT UPDATES
In just a few weeks, the Halo World Championship Qualifier: St Louis kicks off, and excitement is starting to build as the roster shuffle is in full effect. After the Halo World Championship announcements at the NA HCS Pro League Finals, we received feedback from players about the qualification format for North America. In the original format, the Top 3 teams at the St. Louis qualifier would have gone directly to the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals, and as such would not be permitted to participate in the rest of the HaloWC qualification period. After further discussions both internally and with HCS players, it was clear that this format was too restrictive as it prevented winning teams from continuing to compete, and would’ve divided the top teams rather than brought them together for a final qualifier. To alleviate these issues, we’re updating the format in North America. At St. Louis, teams will no longer directly qualify for the HaloWC Finals, and will instead receive crucial HCS seeding points for the online events that follow, the qualifier in Las Vegas, and the Last Chance Qualifier at the end. For Las Vegas, the Top 6 teams (previously Top 3) will now be qualified directly to the Halo World Championship Finals, as that championship bracket will serve as the region’s main qualifier. To reiterate, while no direct spots will be awarded in St. Louis, there is $50,000 up for grabs along with the HCS points.

This sounds much better. Don't know if anyone remembers but I brought this up when the events/format were initially announced. See back at THIS post and the subsequent few pages where people claimed "common sense" would dictate teams would be able to compete in all LANs (which we now know would have been false). I was very concerned about the format causing teams to 1)Not bother showing up to all LANs 2)Effecting other teams trying to qualify if they did compete 3)Potentially being told they couldn't compete in the LANs once they qualify. I'm just glad that we will be able to see Optic and nV more with this format then what would have happened which is they would have qualified first event and then sit around 3 months waiting to see them play another match. That would have sucked.

Love EGs comms right now. Dev and contra don't repeat callouts which works well with roybox. No clutter

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see no way how he did not mean it as an insult. That was his prerogative. 

Edit: I mean cmon, even frank has admitted he's an asshole.

Admitting to being an asshole and continuing to being an asshole isn't something to be proud of.

• Upvote (+1) 5