CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seems like they've been listening and making the changes we want regarding everything except for getting actual competitive settings

That one is up to 343 not ESL.

Picked up by 2gre as of last night, we'll see if that sticks.

I know Ogre 2 is the GOAT. But Shottzy will be moving to a better team more than likely. Especially if he is able to make it to STL.

They turned it from being far too important to probably a little too unimportant depending on point allocation.

I guess it's good if players wanted it, but if I was running an event and found out my event was taking a hit like this I'd be pissed. Hope UGC was on board.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess it's good if players wanted it, but if I was running an event and found out my event was taking a hit like this I'd be pissed. Hope UGC was on board.

Sucks 343 won't increase the prize pool, then. I didn't think about it like this, now ME's Las Vegas event is for all the marbles. A lot of hype taken from UGC's event. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Idk, maybe I'm wrong but I think having all the events award points and then giving the spots out based on final standings would make more sense and encourage people to show up to more events.

Edit: the more I think about it, the change is at least a definite improvement. And asking an am team to go to every event is a bit far-fetched.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Your second point is a bit crazy. If the Halo community has decided that $50k tournaments with HWC seeding points are no longer important enough to attend and/or view then I don't know what to say. 

It's important, but not as it once was. Also, the event is like 2 weeks away? That's a bit late to tell competitors with flights, hotel, passes etc. They may see the Las Vegas event as better now.

I know someone is going to push some post about us being always negative and shit, I like good changes too but they have to be in a good timely manner.

Fyi, that update also said no more BRS under bases on truth. And spnkr rockets are now on Eden slayer. Both official

Sucks 343 won't increase the prize pool, then. I didn't think about it like this, now ME's Las Vegas event is for all the marbles. A lot of hype taken from UGC's event. 

I assume MLG events weren't hype at all to you then, with their almost-as-pathetic prize pools of 60k. In fact they must have been boring as shit to you, I mean, those events didn't even have seeding points for a $1,000,000 event! 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I assume MLG events weren't hype at all to you then, with their almost-as-pathetic prize pools of 60k. In fact they must have been boring as shit to you, I mean, those events didn't even have seeding points for a $1,000,000 event! 

$60,000 in lets say, 2005, was equivalent to about $4 million now.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So did they just nerf UGC importance basically lol? Unless I'm reading it wrong,

It seems to me like they did it right, and made it about Pro points, so teams have to show up and perform at BOTH events.

This is essentially what everyone here asked for when they first announced the format.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume they were told about it. It's not like teams aren't going to go or that people aren't going to watch. It's still important as its the first LAN of Worlds Qualification and still has some purpose. And its still really a win for UGC. They get an officially sanctioned event that will be streamed on the Halo channel, giving them far more legitimacy in the scene.

Your second point is a bit crazy. If the Halo community has decided that $50k tournaments with HWC seeding points are no longer important enough to attend and/or view then I don't know what to say. 

Clearly its still a great event. Its UGC, its good money, its on the Halo channel, and its the first LAN of the year. Its just not nearly as important as it was before. No one isn't going to not attend now I would assume.

How do you make such a last minute decision like this?  The feeling as a competitor that there was a shot to qualify for a $1,000,000 tournament is pretty astounding, regardless of the competition in front of you.  We've now been relegated to competing for points that will be slightly more beneficial than the online points giving throughout the Saturday tournaments weeks after.

I'm still stoked for UGC, but this is a decision that should of been made when the HWC 2017 was originally announced,  not 14 days before the tournament.

Teams will still attend to gain points since no spot is guaranteed and if you don't finish in the Top 6 at Vegas then the Last Chance Qualifier is gonna very important if your team managed to gain a lot of points.

EDIT: Besides UGC organized an event for far less money and no HCS support last time and the event was good now imagine having to play at an event that awards you points to qualify to Worlds and it has a bigger prize pool, they will be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How do you make such a last minute decision like this? The feeling as a competitor that there was a shot to qualify for a $1,000,000 tournament is pretty astounding, regardless of the competition in front of you. We've now been relegated to competing for points that will be slightly more beneficial than the online points giving throughout the Saturday tournaments weeks after.

I'm still stoked for UGC, but this is a decision that should of been made when the HWC 2017 was originally announced, not 14 days before the tournament.

UGC was only announced barely a month ago. This isn't that last minute when you think of it.

And they changed it because the pros thought it would be better this way. You guys wanted feedback to be heard right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm excited for the event. But maybe others won't find it as enticing to watch, was all I was saying. 

And they changed it because the pros thought it would be better this way. You guys wanted feedback to be heard right?

To make sure this point isn't clear enough, people just wanted better timing of it.

If No Radar was removed from UGC right now I'd be upset because of the practice time too. Would have been cool to announce it sooner. Hope improvements continue for the HCS, this is definitely another step in the right direction.

There are three things in life that are inevitable.

Death, taxes, and the Pro thread going ridiculously off topic.

Death, taxes, and Audley shitposting

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

I'm almost certain that when the format was first announced, everyone was like "it would be better if we used a points system, so that all teams would have to show up and perform at every event"

Now we have what sounds like the desired system and it's like "they nerfed UGC".

In reality, both tournaments are just as important as they always were, since collectively, they will determine who goes to worlds.

But now both tournaments will be important to every team. And we won't have a possibility for a conflict of interest when a qualified team knocks a contender out of losers bracket in Vegas.

This is simply a better competitive set up... I truly don't understand the complaints.

Well reading the various posts would help.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm just sitting here, drinking beer, wishing Str8 were scrimming, and extremely excited at how close we are to a LAN Halo tournament. The next couple of months are going to be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

$60,000 in lets say, 2005, was equivalent to about $4 million now.

Roughly $75,000 now but sure 4 mil will work too.

• Upvote (+1) 7