CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are you surprised though? :lxthul:

Have you heard of a team called nV? Huke had never won a tourney before, Snipedown was stuck on a failing EG, and Mikwen/Ola didn't make Worlds. Yet they took down OGdan:simms:

Agreed on Eco indiv. skill, but we've seen plenty of indiv. skilled players team together and then fail... Summer Liquid, Fall Allegiance... chemistry / team dynamics are what make the difference, which also allow for better practice/dedication.

Summer liquid was playing like a top3 team when they split up, and fall ALG ended up 3rd at Vegas beating str8 twice :lxthul:

Chemistry only matters if the skill is there to compete. You can get chemistry down with enough time, people just don't become better players.

The Roybox/Contra/Devon vs nV scrim ended 8-5 in favor of nV.

It begins :simms:

No one streamed I'm assuming?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Summer liquid was playing like a top3 team when they split up, and fall ALG ended up 3rd at Vegas beating str8 twice :lxthul:

Chemistry only matters if the skill is there to compete. You can get chemistry down with enough time, people just don't become better players.

Sure they do, people just don't put in the right work ethic.

Some of it natural talent though 100%

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sure they do, people just don't put in the right work ethic.

Some of it natural talent though 100%

On a long enough timeline, yeah people get better at the game. However I'm referring to the short spans between when teams form, compete, then breakup. You don't see people drastically improve their individual skill that quickly from when they agree to team.

Is Str8 getting heavily outslayed or are they just losing critical fights?

Those critical small mistakes can generally be fixed with time and practice. The inability to compete at all in skill is a different matter.

Rig SH: 100:27  EG

Coli TS: 50-46  EG

Truth CTF: 3-1  NV

Regret TS: 50-46  NV

Plaza SH:100:69  EG

Eden Ts: 50-42  NV

Fathom CTF: 3-2 NV

Rig TS: 50-36 NV

Empire SH: 100-15  NV

Truth TS: 50-48 EG

Coli CTF: 3-0 NV

NV 8 - 5 EG

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja is playing much much better tonight than last night.

He still has this bad habit of trying to make up for his last death like a gambler yelling double or nothing every roll. He lets it get to him way too much. He'll also push by himself with no help, get some guys weak but get melted, then complain that people aren't finishing kills
  • Upvote (+1) 4

On a long enough timeline, yeah people get better at the game. However I'm referring to the short spans between when teams form, compete, then breakup. You don't see people drastically improve their individual skill that quickly from when they agree to team.

And you don't really see people drastically turn around team chemistry, especially in a short timescale. Team who stick together and work on it tend to have started with a pretty damn solid foundation, and it's more about working out kinks to push them over the edge in to reaching their potential.

It's too reliant on the kind of player you are, which you can't just up and change to fit in to a new team without lessening your potential. Well, for most players anyway, some people have the ability to fit in to many kinds of team, but again that's a characteristic they have and not a question of time or practice.

You can work through problems with your strats and approaches, you can encourage players to call out more/differently etc. You can try and reconcile contradicting playstyles/approaches. I'm not saying you can't work to make a difference with it, but if personalities and playstyles don't work together then it's often a limiting factor. I think you're overstating the degree to which it can be worked on in comparison to individual skill, which can be improved to a greater degree by grinding and dedication. People underestimate how much things like shot, positioning, movement skill etc., core mechanical shit, is improved by volume and quality of practice, even at the highest level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really happy about Ninja's team. No egos and everyone is working hard to get better. If they keep this up, I can easily see a top 4 or 3 finish. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to take a moment to share with all of you, my good internet friends, possibly the most clutch breadstick of all time.

Well, I would certainly had a goose so gg to you.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I want to take a moment to share with all of you, my good internet friends, possibly the most clutch breadstick of all time.

Tell me the kill you got was Towey? #LifeIsTow
  • Upvote (+1) 5

HAMbQhL.png

oJu3dPu.png

Balanced MM
  • Upvote (+1) 3

@@Towey.. Where Hokum at?

wow.  Even Royal 2 was like "wtf am i looking at?"

The Roybox/Contra/Devon vs nV scrim ended 8-5 in favor of nV.

That's pretty good really but would'nt be as lit as 2007 5k reunion.  FiS trying to come back, get Hokum to leave his sweet job.

They would get smashed at worlds but my younger self would get a chubb

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does Allegiance not have a team anymore?

I'm guessing they pick up Bubu/Shooter/Falcated/Renegade squad.

I'm guessing they pick up Bubu/Shooter/Falcated/Renegade squad.

So they take the E6 pro league spot but play under Allegiance?

did anyone post this yet?

So they take the E6 pro league spot but play under Allegiance?

pro league spots belong to the players, not the orgs

• Upvote (+1) 6

did anyone post this yet?

pro league spots belong to the players, not the orgs

No way Na'Vi is coming to Halo, odds of that happening are less than the chances of Lethul leaving Optic.

No way Na'Vi is coming to Halo, odds of that happening are less than the chances of Lethul leaving Optic.

no doubt

spartans best chances are NA centric orgs, i wish dig was interested, sparty is from nj and could easily get to the sixers training facility on the reg 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anybody else think it looks incredibly tacky and unprofessional to tweet literally ALL the orgs you've contacted, in the same thread of DM's?

Maybe its just me, and I know this might not be the "mentality", but I'd hate to be a public consolation prize to somebodies desperate attempts at sponsorship.

I would be trying to contact orgs every way possible. If done in a well done manner, It's fine to contact them on there imo. It is odd to put them all In the same thread though.

But coming from someone who emails Organizations and companies daily, It could take forever for a response(If you even get one). Like I said earlier, I would be trying to contact them on all fronts(which he may be doing)

• Upvote (+1) 2