CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ace and apg must be banking on a team breaking up because i dont really see who they can team with and be good out of the current free agents

Contra needs to break from Devon, IMO. He tweeted the other day that he'd like to leave his attitude behind... that may involve breaking the current stigma of Contra/Dev, although I know they're seemingly close.

Ninja was really tilting last night at the end. I think that play a big part in their fall-apart later on. But at the beginning, they were pretty competitive against Liquid.

But gut feeling is, Liquid will be top 4.

Ninja made some awesome shots and plays last night, but i felt he was too reliant on autos at mid range. I saw some fights he couldve won if he had just swapped to the pistol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Contra needs to break from Devon, IMO. He tweeted the other day that he'd like to leave his attitude behind... that may involve breaking the current stigma of Contra/Dev, although I know they're seemingly close.

Contra does need to break from devon but he probably isn't going to

From what i watch the 2 best players are Frosty and Snakebite.

Frosty seems to be the most individually skilled player because of his creativity and nerdiness, though i think Ola is nipping at his heels in that department now.

For "best overall player", i'm saying its Snakebite and honestly I don't even think its close.  Not just his individual skill and decision making in game, but the "clutch factor", game knowledge, and in and out of game leadership sets him significantly apart from anybody else imo.

Snakebite's leadership is what really stands out to me. I'll admit that I don't watch every team play, and his voice is more recognizable than most, but you can always hear him calling out strats and trying to pick the team up if they start tilting or something. He deserves to have a "C" patch on his jersey like Charlie Conway in the Mighty Ducks. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really happy that we have scrims every night. Built into my presleep routine now. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

From what i watch the 2 best players are Frosty and Snakebite.

Frosty seems to be the most individually skilled player because of his creativity and nerdiness, though i think Ola is nipping at his heels in that department now.

For "best overall player", i'm saying its Snakebite and honestly I don't even think its close. Not just his individual skill and decision making in game, but the "clutch factor", game knowledge, and in and out of game leadership sets him significantly apart from anybody else imo.

Snakebite is in another level, he micromanage everybody while playing 100% and never missing a beat, and his ingame shot calling- decision making is the best.

On top of that he makes clutchs plays all the time. The new "Captain Clutch"

• Upvote (+1) 8

Snakebite's leadership is what really stands out to me. I'll admit that I don't watch every team play, and his voice is more recognizable than most, but you can always hear him calling out strats and trying to pick the team up if they start tilting or something. He deserves to have a "C" patch on his jersey like Charlie Conway in the Mighty Ducks.

Maniac by far was the worst captain in Optic history

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not saying that Frosty is underrated ... but I've been watching his stream all week, more than normal, and this guy's movement and positioning are not just, like, "really impressive" but more in the neighborhood of "Frosty is literally an A.I. who plays H5 optimally and cannot be stopped by any human being."  When I switch to other streams after Frosty's it feels like I'm watching myself play, I can see little errors everywhere.  Honestly I'm curious to watch his H2A VoD now, if there is any ... maybe this guy was just made to play H5

It's funny you say that, because I just watched his stream for the first time last night, and let me tell you. He's on point. I couldn't believe how effortless it was for him to just tear a team apart. He was always where he needed to be doing, and nonstop stayed alive. I always thought Snakebite was the best player on that team but..

I'm not saying that Frosty is underrated ... but I've been watching his stream all week, more than normal, and this guy's movement and positioning are not just, like, "really impressive" but more in the neighborhood of "Frosty is literally an A.I. who plays H5 optimally and cannot be stopped by any human being."  When I switch to other streams after Frosty's it feels like I'm watching myself play, I can see little errors everywhere.  Honestly I'm curious to watch his H2A VoD now, if there is any ... maybe this guy was just made to play H5

Played against Frosty in H2A at G4G. It was the closest I've ever seen to a player single-handedly carrying his team to top-8.

He's better at Halo 5, but he's been really good since his first tournament at STL 2015 as far as I know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there anybody that thinks that if Snakebite left Optic and teamed with any 3 other AMs that he wanted, that he wouldn't get them to top 4 in short order?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been doing some research for a new Halo series and am making and I could not find any footage of 2014 Iron Gaming Columbus. For some reason Iron Gaming set all the footage to private on their YouTube channel. Kinda BS that we cant go back and look at an old HCS event.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oPTfb716HwMnL_3Mefc7ptwI5zPrOpi

Did you try checking their twitch for VODs?

Is there anybody that thinks that if Snakebite left Optic and teamed with any 3 other AMs that he wanted, that team wouldn't be top 4 in short order?

Yeah I truly believe that without Snakebite those 3 players wouldn't break top 4 . He is constantly making decisions for everybody like a true general.

Is there anybody that thinks that if Snakebite left Optic and teamed with any 3 other AMs that he wanted, that team wouldn't be top 4 in short order?

Hes good but i dont think H5 really allows for that level of backpacking. Top 8 maybe but not top 4

I have been doing some research for a new Halo series and am making and I could not find any footage of 2014 Iron Gaming Columbus. For some reason Iron Gaming set all the footage to private on their YouTube channel. Kinda BS that we cant go back and look at an old HCS event. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oPTfb716HwMnL_3Mefc7ptwI5zPrOpi

Was Rezli, not IG :/

I think Columbus is still on their Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/irongamingtv

https://www.twitch.tv/irongamingtv/v/3611349 (day 1)

https://www.twitch.tv/irongamingtv/v/3611350 (day 2)

Day 3 VoD was taken down due to a media piece rights dispute. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I truly believe that without Snakebite those 3 players wouldn't break top 4 . He is constantly making decisions for everybody like a true general.

Sorry, i meant if snakebite left optic and started a team with AMs, he could get them to be a Top 4 team.  Not that Optic would drop out of the top 4.  They would still be up there because the rest of the team is really fucking good too.

I think you people are underestimating how much Frosty does for OpTic's comms.

I may have some voices confused but it always seems to me like in Strongholds, Frosty is the one calling rotations and telling players to leave/push somewhere.

This statement is not to undermine anything about Snakebite -- his effort and maturity make him a consummate professional -- but to highlight that it isn't like Optic are headless chickens without him.

Yeah, i edited my OP to be more clear on this.

I was NOT saying that Optic would suddenly drop off a cliff.  At all.  every individual player on that team is incredibly good at this game.

I was just suggesting that I think Snakebite is the most capable of taking players and elevating them more effectively than any other pro because of the "intangibles" that he brings to the table.

Is there anybody that thinks that if Snakebite left Optic and teamed with any 3 other AMs that he wanted, that he wouldn't get them to top 4 in short order?

I love how Snakebite is always issuing strategic commands. Most other teams don't have someone like that.