CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Worded it poorly, I didn't express how much better the current process has been compared to the past.

and yeah, I'm usually in the middle when it comes to 343, but slapping our names on shit is definitely annoying.

Ah, I see. Thanks, man.

Why? Because they'd get trounced into irrelevance in NA because of how good USA is? Well, same goes for any all-Canadian team.

That but mainly because the culture is different, Xbox and halo is about 50x more prevent in Canada/USA than LATAM.

And the language barrier thing, Mexican halo has a lot more in common with LATAM than NA

• Upvote (+1) 1

That but mainly because the culture is different, Xbox and halo is about 50x more prevent in Canada/USA than LATAM.

And the language barrier thing, Mexican halo has a lot more in common with LATAM than NA

But the fact remains that as long as they're lumped in with USA, any Canadian Halo team has very little chance of making it out of qualifying rounds.

I don't think Canada should be its own region entirely with its own league or anything, but a single guaranteed spot in at least the ME Vegas qualifying bracket shouldn't be too much to ask.

It's a large market that's getting almost entirely shut out from HCS exposure because they happen to share a border and first language with the game's most dominant country.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Xbox and halo is about 50x more prevent in Canada/USA than LATAM.

50x0=0  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Changing the subject, what's Str8 Sick been up to? Haven't seen his name much in recent scrim results. He and Cratos seem to be the two players who may get dropped out of their pro status this transfer period.

Changing the subject, what's Str8 Sick been up to? Haven't seen his name much in recent scrim results. He and Cratos seem to be the two players who may get dropped out of their pro status this transfer period.

He was running with falcated and victory but they found better options. Also said eg didn't want to run with him but that was before the ace couldn't team either. Now he's fucked over again

Why? Because they'd get trounced into irrelevance in NA because of how good USA is? Well, same goes for any all-Canadian team.

Even if you took the best four players Canada has to offer and put them on a team together, I doubt they'd beat the 8th best American team.

Would a separate Canadian spot kick Royal 2 off of Optic for Worlds?

... there were 8 NA spots last year and 7 this year. Canada is in NA, just gotta beat out some US folks.

The US is the StarCraft equivalent of Korea in Halo. There's no way even the best 4 Canadian players could likely qualify for a spot on their own versus the Pro teams, unless Royal 2 randomly left Optic for the Canadian upstarts.

It's just like giving Mexico, Australia / NZ, UK qualifying spots irrespective of the US ones. Canada has almost always had its own Halo culture separate from the US, just like many of the other countries / regions. If they want it to truly be a World's event, then they should have had a separate spot for Canada.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He was running with falcated and victory but they found better options. Also said eg didn't want to run with him but that was before the ace couldn't team either. Now he's fucked over again

I would love to see Str8sick teaming with Prototype again. They both improved since Hwc and have a good chemistry. Them + 2 am players and I am already rooting for that team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scrim Result

Red Team: EG (Roy, Contra, PreDevonator, Lunchbox) vs. Blue Team: PS (Danoxide, Spartan, Suspector, Commonly)

Truth CTF: EG 1-3 PS

Eden Slayer: EG 32-50 PS

Empire SH: EG 100-86 PS

Coli Slayer: EG 33-50 PS

Rig SH: EG 100-74 PS

Regret Slayer: EG 48-50 PS

Fathom CTF: EG 0-3 PS

Plaza Slayer: EG 37-50 PS

Truth Slayer: EG 37-50 PS

Eden SH: EG 15-100 PS

Rig Slayer: EG 50-36 PS

Plaza SH: EG 53-100 PS

Coli CTF: EG 2-3 PS

Final Result: EG 3-10 PS

Takeaways

PS looked really impressive tonight, Spartan was slaying all scrim and Commonly seemed to never stop making plays. Definitely looked way better then they have in previous scrims. As for EG a bit of an underwhelming performance. Granted it was just their second time ever playing together (I think they scrimmed together once before, before fall pro league) but I expected at least a closer score. Would like to see them scrim again b/c I feel there could be something there.

Didn't the RoyBoxContraDevon roster run for a while last offseason? I feel like it was definitely more than just one scrim.

Regardless of how they do online I'd love to see them stick together since Worlds qualification this time around is all about LAN performance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't the RoyBoxContraDevon roster run for a while last offseason? I feel like it was definitely more than just one scrim.

Regardless of how they do online I'd love to see them stick together since Worlds qualification this time around is all about LAN performance.

No it was just one night

say this team sticks, what happens to the alg seed? i would assume that bubu's team would keep the e6 seed as its 7th vs 8th. roybox are playing under eg regardless of any existing seeds that contra/devon may own. i know it may not affect world's, but im curious to know what would happen for summer season

say this team sticks, what happens to the alg seed? i would assume that bubu's team would keep the e6 seed as its 7th vs 8th. roybox are playing under eg regardless of any existing seeds that contra/devon may own. i know it may not affect world's, but im curious to know what would happen for summer season

My guess would be an online qualifier for the 8th summer spot.

Lit

I'm actually a big Elementary fan and only recently found out Jeff King (Writer/Producer) was into Smash Melee. If he's in to Halo as well my mind is thoroughly blown. Interested to see where Heinz's face is going to turn up haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who's on Ryanoob's team?

Prototype babyj juicyfruit

Used to be cloud but I don't know what's going on with him.

Put str8 sick there over juicy and that's a good squad

• Upvote (+1) 2