CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The amount of Albertans on Beyond amazes me sometimes.

I would be so stoked for a local Albertan / Canadian grassroots Halo movement. I was a little disappointed when worlds didn't have a Canadian qualifying spot. Even just one would have been nice.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Why do people keep saying this? If halo can't capture Xbox users why would it capture PC gamers with far more gaming choices? Halo needs to get back it's Xbox population before worrying about pc

So just doom the game to being stuck on a shitty unpopular console?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Heinz & Naded are running with Str8 Rippin' (Ace & aPG) tonight :intel:

That's a Str8 Rippin squad I could easily root for. Naded would bring some nerdiness and some serious aggression. I think he'd be a good fit.

I would be so stoked for a local Albertan / Canadian grassroots Halo movement. I was a little disappointed when worlds didn't have a Canadian qualifying spot. Even just one would have been nice.

... there were 8 NA spots last year and 7 this year. Canada is in NA, just gotta beat out some US folks.

The xbox is certainly popular enough to have a high selling title that becomes a popular esport. If the OG xbox can do it, so can this one. The game just needs to be really good.

That said, a good PC port would be out of this world... especially if it launched on steam (which it probably wont... although the win10 store has repeatedly failed miserably)

The console isn't unpopular. The fact is Halo has to recapture it built-in audience before it worries about expanding. Of course you release a PC version, but just because it's on PC doesn't the eSports scene becomes cod overnight.

Halo needs to get back the casuals they lost on Xbox most importantly

• Upvote (+1) 3

They may or may not be expanding soon...

:intel:  :intel:  :intel:

i better scoop up my local franchise then  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 2

A bad pc port will kill the game more than a good one will save it. Plus the xbone has sold well and has only gotten better over its lifetime. The console isnt the problem, its the dev

Balance definitely needs to be addressed, was hopeful at the launch of the game but at this point I've resigned myself to accepting whatever we've got. Especially after episode of The Pit we just did... hearing mikwen and snakebite talk about their experience working with 343 to accomplish balance was a little eye opening. 

Link for the lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaRhwnCkXQ

This helps confirm what many of us have suspected about 343's dishonesty and obtuseness :(

lol, why cause shit keeps changing 

yeah

i like all the guys on that team, and wish nothing but the best for them. i just don't want to be disappointed if some of them don't get on good teams. 

i mean this is the same company that brought us mcc and never fixed it. did you know that shit still costs $40? its funny, every time i think of any upcoming halo, i still think bungie first

There's routinely a link on r/halo every 2 months or so for MCC being like $9

• Upvote (+1) 1

This helps confirm what many of us have suspected about 343's dishonesty and obtuseness :(

To be fair, this wasnt expressed enough.

With side and ghost at the helm, shit is a lot better with communication and no ultimatums. Wish Quinn was as involved as he was in season 1, that's the final piece to the puzzle IMO

• Upvote (+1) 4