CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm worried about EGs and Str8's future (competitively) due to what Ace said yesterday. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are four days into 2017 and you are all already bashing 343 and ESL for not having events on the East Coast after announcing all these amazing events that Halo is gonna have in the first half of the year, do you really believe they are not listening and that they will not try their best to have at least a couple of events in the East Coast?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Some don't like to celebrate mediocracy.

To be fair mediocrity is an improvement over some of the things we've put up with

• Upvote (+1) 6

Summit is saying on stream how he wants to play halo on PC but it's broke. He also said it would be cool for PC Halo to have a competitive scene too.

Maybe Beyond should throw some 4v4 H5 PC tournaments to jump start the scene in case we end up with H6 on PC...that is if 343 fixes Halo 5 on PC. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The AR is fine. If you can't win a 1v1 battle using your pistol against someone using an AR, you need to practice more.

I don't think radar is fine and would like to see it removed, though.

???

The argument isn't that I can't win a single 1v1 with my pistol against an AR user. The actual arguments include:

1. The AR is far easier to use than the pistol

2. An inferior player with an AR will almost always inflict significant damage on a much better player who is also using an AR if they are on equal footing. This cheapens the game when anyone's grandma can take Royal 2 down to half shields as opposed to not being able to hit him at all with a pistol

3. From a design standpoint, the onus should not be on the player using the more skillful starting weapon to hit every shot against a player using an unskillful starting weapon at close range in order to not be killed, particularly when close range engagements in this game are easy to force on many maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They need to launch simultaneously. 

They missed an opportunity to include the observer mode in H5F so at least community members could run tournaments, but they didn't.... plus all the other problems H5F has, I'm not sure I can trust 343 to make H6 PC what it needs to be to have a successful PC scene. I want it to happen, though, of course. 

No.

Remember what happened last time 343 published a game just 2 years after the last one?

Halo 4 happened. give them 3 years

• Upvote (+1) 3

No.

Remember what happened last time 343 published a game just 2 years after the last one?

This will be the first game to not reinvent the wheel and rework almost every system. I wouldn't expect it to release Fall 2018.

Halo 6 + Scorpio would definitely be incredible but like people are saying pc is critical. Reality is xbox simply isn't as remotely popular as the PC, streaming numbers reflect that. Being able to execute the pc game well would definitely do wonders for halo and competitive halo.

Now if both of those things were to happen at the same time....

• Upvote (+1) 1

No.

Tbh, H4 could have had 5 years and it still would have been by far the worst Halo. The concepts of the game were its downfall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

I mean Halo 6 needs to launch on the One (or Scorpio) + Windows 10 (or if 343 Microsoft is smart, Steam) at the same time. 

I mean Halo 6 needs to launch on the One (or Scorpio) + Windows 10 (or if 343 Microsoft is smart, Steam) at the same time. 

Oh i agree on that.  Its needs to be on the OG One, Scorpio and windows 10 simultaneously.  It won't be in steam though, no way.

I'm just saying it shouldnt be a launch title for the scorpio.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TIL that Atlanta isn't on the east coast

When are we gonna have a REAL east coast event? /s

Maybe it's because I'm from the Midwest, but I look at states down there more as the South than East.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh i agree on that.  Its needs to be on the OG One, Scorpio and windows 10 simultaneously.  It won't be in steam though, no way.

Microsoft said at E3 that all games on the scorpio will run on the One as well. 

There was actually some lines of code in the Halo Wars 2 beta Halo Wars: DE build that hints it the game might be coming to Steam. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5ljtvl/possible_hint_that_halo_wars_de2_might_be/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

???

The argument isn't that I can't win a single 1v1 with my pistol against an AR user. The actual arguments include:

1. The AR is far easier to use than the pistol

2. An inferior player with an AR will almost always inflict significant damage on a much better player who is also using an AR if they are on equal footing. This cheapens the game when anyone's grandma can take Royal 2 down to half shields as opposed to not being able to hit him at all with a pistol

3. From a design standpoint, the onus should not be on the player using the more skillful starting weapon to hit every shot against a player using an unskillful starting weapon at close range in order to not be killed, particularly when close range engagements in this game are easy to force on many maps.

Removing the AR devalues my weapon variety.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TIL that Atlanta isn't on the east coast

When are we gonna have a REAL east coast event? /s

It is a good start! We are on the right path!

The only issue with my 2 statements is that we have been saying them for 3 years.

The new HCS Head will cement this games eSports future, good or bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys I recommend you to avoid the H5 Discussion Thread.

Ok OT: I feel bad for Roybox, seems to me that they prefer to play with veterans and now are forced to play with Contra and Devon that we know don't have the best practice discipline.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Guys I recommend you to avoid the H5 Discussion Thread.

Ok OT: I feel bad for Roybox, seems to me that they prefer to play with veterans and now are forced to play with Contra and Devon that we know don't have the best practice discipline.

I just think Contra and Devon have bad attitudes which is holding them back from success.

It is a good start! We are on the right path!

The only issue with my 2 statements is that we have been saying them for 3 years.

The new HCS Head will cement this games eSports future, good or bad.

i think so too, this year and the start of H6 are insanely critical for our future prospects 

i hope it goes well  :stressed:

Maybe it's because I'm from the Midwest, but I look at states down there more as the South than East.

totally understandable 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe Beyond should throw some 4v4 H5 PC tournaments to jump start the scene in case we end up with H6 on PC...that is if 343 fixes Halo 5 on PC. 

@Saucey 

Make it happen! <3

Or a FFA, those are a bit easier to run.

If only I had known AGL New Jersey would have been my golden ticket for a Halo event.

Also the second East Coast HCS event is going to be in Atlanta... again...  :mj: 

*sigh* 

Us Southerners need our Halo as well. Plus ATL has cheap flights and a booming downtown. Great city especially when the Braves are good.

I look at Washington and say its in the Pacific Northwest. I look at Maine and say its the Northeast. I mean that's petty. 

Sidenote: do you consider Missouri midwest? I was told by someone who hailed from Illinois that MIssouri doesn't deserve being a midwestern state. 

• Upvote (+1) 1