CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The AR is powerful if you know how to use it, and it's especially OP against low ranked players. A small nerf could help, but I don't think it should be a priority and I don't think it is ruining the game experience. I have been killed while using my AR by many really talented players who don't miss shots with the pistol and who know how to use the spartan abilities, this is not Halo 3, you can use your thrust to outplay someone with an AR or even just fucking crouch and five 5-shot. You have to understand there are a lot of worse problems than the AR (like radar) and it shouldn't be a fix priority. Again, it's just my opinion, but quoting me with "LOL you must be joking dude" is not going to change my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The AR is fine. If you can't win a 1v1 battle using your pistol against someone using an AR, you need to practice more.

I don't think radar is fine and would like to see it removed, though.

@@Ugug I take it all back and bow to you as my new overlord

• Upvote (+1) 2

The AR is powerful if you know how to use it, and it's especially OP against low ranked players. A small nerf could help, but I don't think it should be a priority and I don't think it is ruining the game experience. I have been killed while using my AR by many really talented players who don't miss shots with the pistol and who know how to use the spartan abilities, this is not Halo 3, you can use your thrust to outplay someone with an AR or even just fucking crouch and five 5-shot. You have to understand there are a lot of worse problems than the AR (like radar) and it shouldn't be a fix priority. Again, it's just my opinion, but quoting me with "LOL you must be joking dude" is not going to change my mind.

Fuck the haters is what I always say. You do you, man.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay and even if the guys with the pistol beats the AR, how much shields is he left with? 90% of the time he is 1 shot. And again, an auto that STATISTICALLY kills faster than your "utility" weapon is not balanced. An look at that all the autos except the suppressor do that. Looks fine to me!

Summit is saying on stream how he wants to play halo on PC but it's broke. He also said it would be cool for PC Halo to have a competitive scene too.

• Upvote (+1) 6

PC Halo is our only chance at revival. No matter how much xbox only users hate it.

I agree to an extent, but a Halo 6 title paired with Scorpio release that isn't so stripped down of features like Halo 5 could be huge.

I'm convinced we are just keeping Halo relevant in the downtime with all this HCS stuff, then explode out of the gates with H6.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The AR is fine. If you can't win a 1v1 battle using your pistol against someone using an AR, you need to practice more.

I don't think radar is fine and would like to see it removed, though.

Let's try this out tonight in a custom shall we?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't been able to watch or keep up with Halo in recent months. I did however see nV won a championship (congrats to them even coming from an OpTic fan) but what is going on now? Is there a number 1 team or are things neck and neck? Also what's up with roster changes? Anything confirmed or pretty much confirmed? Sorry, I know it's quite a bit of questions but as i go through these pages it's a lot to take in lol. Need a summary.

Haven't been able to watch or keep up with Halo in recent months. I did however see nV won a championship (congrats to them even coming from an OpTic fan) but what is going on now? Is there a number 1 team or are things neck and neck? Also what's up with roster changes? Anything confirmed or pretty much confirmed? Sorry, I know it's quite a bit of questions but as i go through these pages it's a lot to take in lol. Need a summary.

I think this is the latest, props to @@Moses_FPS

3ZGQ5fM.png

For those that are really lazy/at work and dont have 2 hours to watch can you tell us what time this particular discussion starts?

about 25 minutes in. tournament recap was short. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That EG is no longer, neither EG nor Str8 will give up their two players. Roybox, Contra, Devon are running tonight.

Thanks for the update! Rostermania is crazy

axPELPn.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

PC Halo is our only chance at revival. No matter how much xbox only users hate it.

Summit is saying on stream how he wants to play halo on PC but it's broke. He also said it would be cool for PC Halo to have a competitive scene too.

Summit alone brings in 17,000 viewers. 

Halo needs to improve on its expansion into PC games. PC is only the real way to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 6 is a Scorpio launch title and its a Windows 10 game, the franchise and scene could explode. Prayers!

They need to launch simultaneously. 

They missed an opportunity to include the observer mode in H5F so at least community members could run tournaments, but they didn't.... plus all the other problems H5F has, I'm not sure I can trust 343 to make H6 PC what it needs to be to have a successful PC scene. I want it to happen, though, of course. 

They need to launch simultaneously. 

They missed an opportunity to include the observer mode in H5F so at least community members could run tournaments, but they didn't.... plus all the other problems H5F has, I'm not sure I can trust 343 to make H6 PC what it needs to be to have a successful PC scene. I want it to happen, though, of course. 

If Halo 6 is a Scorpio launch title and its a Windows 10 game, the franchise and scene could explode. Prayers!

I can't remember where I saw this but I believe someone high up in Xbox said that virtually all Microsoft published games would be cross plat from here on out. I can understand the extra effort to go back and port aspects of H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else find it hysterical that 343 will go to Mexico City and London but it is like pulling teeth to get anything in the midwest and east coast?

The decision making never ceases to amaze..

If only I had known AGL New Jersey would have been my golden ticket for a Halo event.

Also the second East Coast HCS event is going to be in Atlanta... again...  :mj: 

No, that will do little to nothing for halo.

• Downvote (-1) 7

did someone say "AR outplay" @@Batchford ?

He's gonna get dropped because of this. 

• Upvote (+1) 4