CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is there any word on when the rulebook for worlds and summer league will be published?

I do not have that ETA I'm afraid, I believe this is coming from 343/Microsoft end with so many different TO's been involved in the HWC.

I don't think it would make sense for players from 1 country to have to follow another country's law when they dont compete in it.

That's not what I'm saying and don't worry that wouldn't happen, I'm just giving examples of how any why Age restrictions are a complex matter and it's above us at ESL so we can't outright give simple answers or decisions just like that when it comes to this specific topic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Problem Solvers need to go over their film and discuss issues. I feel like they only do CTF warmup. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Problem Solvers need to go over their film and discuss issues. I feel like they only do CTF warmup. 

That team reminds me of the Liquid team in Season 1 Pro League. This team should get better over time unless there are some personal issues that develop between players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's currently in Europe with family but heading back stateside soon, sorry for no word or feedback on the age limits. The age limit ball is rolling in the background and discussions are happening but it's not a simple fix/convo, hoping there's an answer we can provide shortly. In terms of age limit it's a super complex issues and a multitude of factors enter, what the game is rated by Local and Country laws/what the game is rated by Global ratings, what's the country's laws on gambling and gaming are etc etc just as a few examples of many, this is why sometimes we see a variety in ages like for Worlds for instance.

We do hear concerns and those concerns are currently been discussed, we also agree it would be good to give younger and super talented players like Shotzy for example, a chance to shine and grow but unfortunately the law is the law and there may be nothing we can do and we have to abide by that.

TLDR - It's a priority convo atm and hope to have more answers imminently.

Its so wierd that this has to be complicated. Children/teens competing has been a thing for a while.

How hard is it to say "13+ can compete, except where prohibited by law."

This ain't @@TheSimms just me thinking out loud.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not what I'm saying and don't worry that wouldn't happen, I'm just giving examples of how any why Age restrictions are a complex matter and it's above us at ESL so we can't outright give simple answers or decisions just like that when it comes to this specific topic.

But 13 is already allowed to compete in the FFAs without any issue. And if that's ok, why isn't 4v4 ok? If there are any rules/regulations about age I doubt they have a part about "FFAs are ok, but competing on a team is not".

It sounds more and more to me that it was just a rule put in place arbitrarily, and now they're still fighting to remove it. Something that happens with 343 A LOT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

with so many different TO's been involved in the HWC.

And not one of them is MLG  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone else find it hysterical that 343 will go to Mexico City and London but it is like pulling teeth to get anything in the midwest and east coast?

The decision making never ceases to amaze..

anything east of the mississippi is just foreign to them even though some of the biggest mlg events happened out here

anything east of the mississippi is just foreign to them even though some of the biggest mlg events happened out here

I would be stoked to be able to attend a live event without having to travel across the country. Don't a good portion of pros live further East anyway?

I would be stoked to be able to attend a live event without having to travel across the country. Don't a good portion of pros live further East anyway?

more like a majority of the country. a an event in columbus, nyc, dc, or orlando shouldnt be that hard. but at least we get atlanta for summer and fall finals

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else find it hysterical that 343 will go to Mexico City and London but it is like pulling teeth to get anything in the midwest and east coast?

I'm pretty sure their attitude is "We don't need MLG or have to do things the way they did for halo esports to be successful!" You could also say the same about their games "We don't have to make halo like the old ones for them to be good."

I feel like they just want to reinvent the wheel and it just doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm pretty sure their attitude is "We don't need MLG or have to do things the way they did for halo esports to be  successful!" You could also say the same about their games "We don't have to make halo like the old ones for them to be good."

I feel like they just want to reinvent the wheel and it just doesn't work.

Yeah, they don't want to acknowledge what their predecessor did right. 

Did you ever just maybe think for a second that this kind of toxic attitude is why, Joseph?

Toxic attitudes prevent them from hosting events in a certain geographical region???  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

"LG" Ninja/VicX/eL Town/Trippey 6 - 7 E6/ALG Bubu/Shooter/Falcated/Renegade

Coliseum CTF: LG 3-1 E6

Plaza TS: LG 43-50 E6

Rig SH: LG 100-50 E6

Regret TS: LG 50-48 E6

Fathom CTF: LG 2-3 E6

Truth TS: LG 50-33 E6

Eden SH: LG 86-100 E6

Rig TS: LG 43-50 E6

Truth CTF: LG 1-3 E6

Coliseum TS: LG 50-33 E6

Plaza SH: LG 100-35 E6

Eden TS: LG 39-50 E6

Empire SH: LG 96-100 E6

Started writing scrim scores when it looked like LG would win which is why it's backwards  :mj:

Hope neither of these teams get affected by EG/Str8 Rostermania

Did anyone stream? Preferably did anyone who has a rebroadcast for anyone not just subs stream?

Toxic attitudes prevent them from hosting events in a certain geographical region???  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

You still don't get it do you?

People like you are why I voted for Jill Stein.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I am praying for a Columbus event. But to 343 they don't know where Ohio is.

Man, it's hard to want to play Halo after starting Overwatch and enjoying a game that's the product of numerous patches to rework balance. 343 can hardly ever be bothered to adjust weapon balance and when they do it's stuff like buffing the plasma caster or shuffling around overpowered automatics a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Man, it's hard to want to play Halo after starting Overwatch and enjoying a game that's the product of numerous patches to rework balance. 343 can hardly ever be bothered to adjust weapon balance and when they do it's stuff like buffing the plasma caster or shuffling around overpowered automatics a bit.

Dude, I agree and I think most do here, but do we need to here the same thing every. single. day. You're preaching to the choir at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We haven't had enough

8af.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

And not one of them is MLG  :mj:

I'd rather not watch Halo streamed on any other platform other than Twitch. The whole YouTube & MLG.tv thing would be a disaster for the scene as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the regional xbox marketing departments pay to be apart of the HCS, that's why we have Lans in those locations

It's also partially the reason why ANZ isn't getting a lan, the Xbox people didn't think it was worth it

Dude, I agree and I think most do here, but do we need to here the same thing every. single. day. You're preaching to the choir at this point.

Maybe we don't, but I'm hoping that if enough people voice their complaints we might have a change similar to breakout being taken out. I also post these things in hopes of entertaining a reasonable disagreement since there are a decent amount of people on this website who do disagree with me but all too often the arguments I get are things like "the AR does what it was made to do so it's fine".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Completely different. Overwatch is very fun but it is hardly balanced, not to mention the very reason they attempt to balance is to phase characters into popularity and introduce new ones to_make_money. In comparison, Halo does not need to same attention to balance, if they did people would absolutely shit their pants.

• Upvote (+1) 5