CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I appreciate ya'll who post scrim scores. Keep on keepin' on

Thanks! I only like to do it during rostermanias because Halo Data Hive's only flaw is that it doesn't track scrims between teams that haven't officially formed yet. Other then that halodatahive.com does an amazing job tracking scrim scores along with any stat you can think of!

Edit:

E6 (Red) vs. PS (Blue) just finished a 5 game scrim that went:

Coli CTF: E6 3-2 PS
Eden Slayer: E6 39-50 PS
Empire SH: E6 68-100 PS
Fathom CTF: E6 1-3 PS
Truth Slayer: E6 29-50 PS

Final Result: E6 1-4 PS
  • Upvote (+1) 7

And I'm assuming the silence from @@Timo is that the age limit won't be changed

I'm from Australia so I don't understand the whole age restriction thing, but for me Halo 5 is rated M so really anyone over 15 should be able to play.

Ive heard things on laws in the States about gambling and prize money, etc, but there's pros in other esports under the age of 18 as well.

I'd really like to see younger talent come up and through and potentially make the pro scene. Could definitely shake things up in my opinion.

Team wishlist:

-EG: RoyBox+Bubu & Shooter or RoyBox+Naded & Heinz

OR

- E6(?): Bubu, Shooter, Victory, & Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm from Australia so I don't understand the whole age restriction thing, but for me Halo 5 is rated M so really anyone over 15 should be able to play.

Ive heard things on laws in the States about gambling and prize money, etc, but there's pros in other esports under the age of 18 as well.

I'd really like to see younger talent come up and through and potentially make the pro scene. Could definitely shake things up in my opinion.

16 can play in 4v4 but you only need to be 13 to play FFA

sucks that roy and box are going to end up with some awful last minute team

hopefully there's another transfer period before worlds

• Upvote (+1) 2

Trippey and El Town have been looking good playing with Ninja. Honestly that whole team looks pretty good when they're playing well. I keep being surprised how much help Ninja has when he needs it. Lots of finished kills and assists going on.

I'm liking that team more and more as I look at it. Trippey is one of the few players who can match Ninja's aggressiveness and back it up with slay power, and I really feel like that's making a difference. When it's working, it gives El Town and Vic X space to make plays, and keeps the opposing team really demoralized. Definitely unusual to see bubu dubu getting frustrated and giving a 3-13 performance, but that kind of thing can happen when for your first 7 deaths you get double teamed from two hyper aggressive angles. It just snowballs from there because right when you finally win a 1v1, El Town is waiting around the corner to mop you up, and exasperation sets in.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I definitely understand EG wanting to keep roybox, but they couldve stuck with ninja and had a very high progile streamer on the team. I guess long term toybox is a better option for them, but at least ninja has the following built in

I definitely understand EG wanting to keep roybox, but they couldve stuck with ninja and had a very high progile streamer on the team. I guess long term toybox is a better option for them, but at least ninja has the following built in

There is no pro league seed with just ninja. And without a pro league 343 would probably stop selling their skins

I have a feeling you like grey

In work all the applications/sites I work on have to be white (or bright colours) so I wanted to do the complete opposite out of work.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There is no pro league seed with just ninja. And without a pro league 343 would probably stop selling their skins

pro league seed doesn't mean THAT much for worlds season

teams can still compete at the events and qualify for worlds, all they have to do is get through the open bracket

unless i'm mistaken, that's what problem solvers are going to have to do since rayne/penguin hold the liquid seed?

• Upvote (+1) 4

teams can still compete at the events and qualify for worlds, all they have to do is get through the open bracket

unless i'm mistaken, that's what problem solvers are going to have to do since rayne/penguin hold the liquid seed?

and i have a hard time believing that world's placement wont have any effect on summer league especially if an AM team makes top 8. hcs can't screw over an up and comer like that or force old teams to reform to fill out old seeds

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes they have to play through open for qualifiers, but no org is gonna want to be tossed aside for worlds only to be picked back up for pro league. Makes no sense for them or the players.contra/Devon would be throwing themselves at the whim of roybox. They have their own leverage

and i have a hard time believing that world's placement wont have any effect on summer league especially if an AM team makes top 8. hcs can't screw over an up and comer like that or force old teams to reform to fill out old seeds

For the tenth time, you're wrong.

They've already announced which teams will be in the next season of pro league.

Who ever holds the seeds for those teams when the season will presumably be in pro league regardless of what happens at world's.

Now, with the cluster of contracts that will prop up between now and then, preventing teams from reforming to claim their pro league seeds, I imagine there will have to be some sort of qualification event to fill the vacated spots.

That would be a good time to expand the league if some AM teams put on a show at worlds

Yes they have to play through open for qualifiers, but no org is gonna want to be tossed aside for worlds only to be picked back up for pro league. Makes no sense for them or the players.contra/Devon would be throwing themselves at the whim of roybox. They have their own leverage

For the tenth time, you're wrong.

so what will happen to the E6 seed come summer? there could also be other disbanded seeds as teams change. how will they be filled for  summer. unfortunately the rulebook has yet to be released so i'm not entirely sure where you got your confirmation

edit thanks for some clarification @@Mhunterjr.

so what will happen to the E6 seed come summer? there could also be other disbanded seeds as teams change. how will they be filled for summer. unfortunately the rulebook has yet to be released so i'm not entirely sure where you got your confirmation

edit thanks for some clarification @@Mhunterjr.

Np. But not really a clarification. Just speculation on my part that assumes esl/343 will keep their word

so what will happen to the E6 seed come summer? there could also be other disbanded seeds as teams change. how will they be filled for summer. unfortunately the rulebook has yet to be released so i'm not entirely sure where you got your confirmation

edit thanks for some clarification @@Mhunterjr. please delete

Bubu and shooter have it.

With str8 and eg not breaking up, there are no seeds in danger of disbanding.

Contra and Devon to either EG or Str8 would be interesting

I already said I think

Contra

Ace

Heinz

aPG/Dev

would work really well

pls

I'll take this tweet just like I take all his other shitty #fazeup tweets- as nothing until they pick an org.

You gotta wonder what Org will want to appear to be Problem Solver's consolation prize with the whole spamming orgs thing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Bubu and shooter have it.

With str8 and eg not breaking up, there are no seeds in danger of disbanding.

At the moment. There's nothing to say that by the time pro league comes around that this will still be true - any team that misses world's/performs really poorly may well decide to go separate ways again.

We could really use a rulebook for worlds/its affect on pro league etc. Not saying you're wrong, just saying official documentation would be nice. (where have we had this discussion before)

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the moment. There's nothing to say that by the time pro league comes around that this will still be true - any team that misses world's/performs really poorly may well decide to go separate ways again.

We could really use a rulebook for worlds/its affect on pro league etc. Not saying you're wrong, just saying official documentation would be nice. (where have we had this discussion before)

or if contra/devon end up on str8 or eg. there are scenarios where we could have seeds disband and esl and hcs have been very slow in putting out the rules for 2017

*in response to another vague spartan tweet

I'll take this tweet just like I take all his other shitty #fazeup tweets- as nothing until they pick an org.

You gotta wonder what Org will want to appear to be Problem Solver's consolation prize with the whole spamming orgs thing

I'm getting so sick of these kinda tweets.... he says say "Aww... I'm just trolling" but its really childish. If I'm a Halo pro(which I am definitely not) , I want to be as desirable as possible to my team members and org.

Any team looking for a player and assuming skill is equal, who do they want, a guy like Snakebite or a guy like Spartan?

To me "just trolling" is the RL equivalent of someone who is just an asshole who masks their shittyness by acting like their joking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He's currently in Europe with family but heading back stateside soon, sorry for no word or feedback on the age limits. The age limit ball is rolling in the background and discussions are happening but it's not a simple fix/convo, hoping there's an answer we can provide shortly. In terms of age limit it's a super complex issues and a multitude of factors enter, what the game is rated by Local and Country laws/what the game is rated by Global ratings, what's the country's laws on gambling and gaming are etc etc just as a few examples of many, this is why sometimes we see a variety in ages like for Worlds for instance.

We do hear concerns and those concerns are currently been discussed, we also agree it would be good to give younger and super talented players like Shotzy for example, a chance to shine and grow but unfortunately the law is the law and there may be nothing we can do and we have to abide by that.

TLDR - It's a priority convo atm and hope to have more answers imminently.

is there any word on when the rulebook for worlds and summer league will be published?

He's currently in Europe with family but heading back stateside soon, sorry for no word or feedback on the age limits. The age limit ball is rolling in the background and discussions are happening but it's not a simple fix/convo, hoping there's an answer we can provide shortly. In terms of age limit it's a super complex issues and a multitude of factors enter, what the game is rated by Local and Country laws/what the game is rated by Global ratings, what's the country's laws on gambling and gaming are etc etc just as a few examples of many, this is why sometimes we see a variety in ages like for Worlds for instance.

We do hear concerns and those concerns are currently been discussed, we also agree it would be good to give younger and super talented players like Shotzy for example, a chance to shine and grow but unfortunately the law is the law and there may be nothing we can do and we have to abide by that.

TLDR - It's a priority convo atm and hope to have more answers imminently.

There is no law in the US barring players under 16 from competing as long as there is parental consent.

Europe has this law, but Shottzy doesn't live in the EU so I don't understand why this would have any baring on his ability to play.

I don't think it would make sense for players from 1 country to have to follow another country's law when they dont compete in it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have to say reading this thread for the past day and half has been a joy.

Shit had me laughing on almost every page 

good shit Beyond.