CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

College isn't a scam, the College BOOKSTORE however....

Can confirm. Both a college student and former employee of one of those bookstores. The most insane part was picking up a small box of access codes and realize you're holding tens of thousands of dollars in your hand.

• Upvote (+1) 3

College isn't a scam, the College BOOKSTORE however....

Also, I will take a consistent and reliable 70k job over being an eSports pro of any kind. All about the long term.

I am a fan of Spartan, I think he means well.

I had a particular text book that was ~$300. There were well known errors in this textbook that had not been changed for several annual editions.

This book did not come with the solutions to any problems. Instead, a separate "solutions manual" was sold for $120. This solutions manual also had errors which had not been corrected for several additions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad I went to university, project deadlines surrounded by exams just seems a lot less stressful than being a pro gamer  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally off topic, but my personal favorite is that when colleges realized people were able to get books cheaper from 3rd party sites online, they started creating "special editions" of the same books. They literally would just swap a few chapters around, and re-sell as a "special edition", forcing you to buy from them at full price.

Garbage.

The moment you realize you never use the textbook anyway

• Upvote (+1) 8

Totally off topic, but my personal favorite is that when colleges realized people were able to get books cheaper from 3rd party sites online, they started creating "special editions" of the same books. They literally would just swap a few chapters around, and re-sell as a "special edition", forcing you to buy from them at full price.

Garbage.

I remember I bought books for 400+ and could get only get 80 in resale value at the store

Garbage.

Several times in my college life I had to buy the "brand new edition 6" for a class, only to have the "brand new edition 7" come out 3 months later so I couldn't sell it back.

The education I got was not a scam, but god damn it you are absolutely right on the bookstores. That's the damn scam.

Oh, and ummm, the sniper is too easy and stuff.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Several times in my college life I had to buy the "brand new edition 6" for a class, only to have the "brand new edition 7" come out 3 months later so I couldn't sell it back.

The education I got was not a scam, but god damn it you are absolutely right on the bookstores. That's the damn scam.

Oh, and ummm, the sniper is too easy and stuff.

Or when some departments have a deal with the on campus bookstore where everything is the most expensive.

Favorite part is in my business communication class we had to buy a CD the department made and could only get it on campus. Best part? Paid $30 for a disc full of files that would have been uploaded online for free by any other department on campus.

Garbage.

I ran into this as well. I bought my books from india or someplace for 5 bucks with 40 in shipping vs the 500 at the bookstore. Then the professors would use it maybe twice. Or we'd have to buy the professor's shitty book at an absurd price. I stopped buying books and studied in groups after that

Ninja & El Town running MM again. I really hope their squad with VicX & Trippey sticks together. Would be the ultimate underdog team and hopefully keep Luminosity in the scene. 

Interested to see what Allegiance does as well. Do they go with Falcated/Bubu/Shooter/Renegade squad or back with Contra/Dev/Heinz/?. 

This rostermania has put a lot of orgs' participation into question; hopefully we don't lose any good ones (e.g. not E6). Hopefully EG, LG, Str8, & ALG all field rosters for Worlds.

Edit - New Years' Roster Wishes:

LG: Ninja, El Town, Trippey, Vic X

EG: Naded, Roy, Lunch, Bubu

ALG: Contra, Dev, Heinz, Str8 Sick

Str8: Ace, APG, Renegade, Shooter

Crazy to think that only 7 NA teams are going to Worlds, and some of these players won't be there :(

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja & El Town running MM again. I really hope their squad with VicX & Trippey sticks together. Would be the ultimate underdog team and hopefully keep Luminosity in the scene.

Interested to see what Allegiance does as well. Do they go with Falcated/Bubu/Shooter/Renegade squad or back with Contra/Dev/Heinz/?. Second option would make more sense, but ALG Chad would have two of those players blocked on here :apg:

This rostermania has put a lot of orgs' participation into question; hopefully we don't lose any good ones (e.g. not E6). Hopefully EG, LG, Str8, & ALG all field rosters for Worlds.

Hopefully we attract another org or 2 as well. As long as they can enforce some sort of roster stability, we should be able to get some good names into the scene

Interested to see what Allegiance does as well. Do they go with Falcated/Bubu/Shooter/Renegade squad or back with Contra/Dev/Heinz/?. Second option would make more sense, but ALG Chad would have two of those players blocked on here  :apg:

I think Ninja would fit well with the Luminosity org.

Kinda OT but they have one the coolest logo in esports imo

I think Ninja would fit well with the Luminosity org.

Kinda OT but they have one the coolest logo in esports imo

Luminosity also runs their social media really well too, super professional from my interaction with them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why am I able to hide signatures from staff and admins members but not mods? It's pissing me off and I'm getting stressed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why am I able to hide signatures from staff and admins members but not mods? It's pissing me off and I'm getting stressed.

Would you say the stress level is like that of a professional gamer or more along the lines of a mindless drone?

• Upvote (+1) 3

You shouldn't be able to hide admin, staff or mods.

The level at which you play has literally nothing to do with h5's shitty aiming.

Even pros complain about the aiming.

It's just bad.

ya the latency and stuff, thats not what im talking about.  The servers blow and thats what causes that.  Well the servers are inconsistent, but a lot of them blow

Everyone talking about how college is a scam, meanwhile I'm about to graduate Law School in May...  

Pretty soon ill be doing the scamming.  (not really)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't even have a sig so fuck you for looping me into this post.

Edit: Also, it's just easier to hide everyone's sig ;)