CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish we knew who the teams were so we didn't have to go through the Creative Director.

I think they are busy working on some new awesome spartan abilities. :kappa:

(My picture google search was actually "team at 343 industries" and this came up)

p9aWsUu.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they are busy working on some new awesome spartan abilities. :kappa:

(My picture google search was actually "team at 343 industries and this came up)

p9aWsUu.jpg

I think this is the Blue Team opening cinematic? 

rofl

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think this is the Blue Team opening cinematic?

rofl

You mean dolphin diving isn't replacing sliding in the next update? Lame

Neighbor saod something interesting last night when he was streaming, someone asked if the proteam is only there for testing and he said we aren't even in the same departments.

Mason is on Sandbox (bug him for balancing requests)

Ghost is on the MP team

Strongside on the community team

And Dersky is on the website or something

• Upvote (+1) 4

You mean dolphin diving isn't replacing sliding in the next update? Lame

I'm actually surprised they didn't include Diving as a feature in Halo 5.

from all the little tid bits (including that one with a screenshot from glass ceiling with a contractors pros/cons of working at 343) it seems like the biggest problem is that there is confusing corporate structure/communication at 343. I feel like everybody there is passionate but there is some dissonance or lack of structure that makes simple things fall through the cracks. I'd imagine it's as frustrating for individuals working there as it is for us. It's not a simple fix that one person can enact either, I'd imagine. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I mean this kind of makes, 343 wouldn't have hired them to specifically focus on the competitive playlist. (although at this point it probably requires a full teams attention). 

So I just read the last few pages and from an outside perspective I can understand how it might not seem like what we do is very stressful or that I personally am very stressed out right now but for the love of God I've never been this stressed in my entire life including worlds last year and I can't explain why to anybody here yet except for a very select few people who might possibly know what I'm referencing right now and I already vlogged all of it but I can't release anything because my entire situation is still ongoing so in conclusion enjoy this extremely vague and ambiguous unhelpful one sentence forum post and I hope you all enjoy this hurricane we are currently trapped in.

You must be just as stressed as this run-on sentence makes me. :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

Neighbor saod something interesting last night when he was streaming, someone asked if the proteam is only there for testing and he said we aren't even in the same departments.

Ghost is on the MP team

Thats definitely weird. Maybe I missed something but the way I understood the pro team was that they were the ones testing and balancing the game from the competitive standpoint, but with the settings that we've been given this explanation makes a lot of sense.

Ghost is on the MP team

It seems to me that there are too many departments.

Like the MP team should be a part of the sandbox team.

Maybe I'm biased and overthinking it, but I just imagine the sandbox team deciding on weapon properties, then asking MP what they think about it, and then choosing to ignore their feedback because they feel their decision is best for campaign and Warzone.

The more compartmentalized everything is, the longer it takes for points to get across, and the more likely it is for key issues to be improperly prioritized.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems to me that there are too many departments.

Like the MP team should be a part of the sandbox team.

Maybe I'm biased and overthinking it, but I just imagine the sandbox team deciding on weapon properties, then asking MP what they think about it, and then choosing to ignore their feedback because they feel their decision is best for campaign and Warzone.

The more compartmentalized everything is, the longer it takes for points to get across, and the more likely it is for key issues to be improperly prioritized.

The weapons have to be designed and balanced to work in all modes of the game though. Obviously the fine tuning of that balance is most important in Arena but it's still going to affect elsewhere.

Imagine the sandbox team was part of the MP team and halfway through development they decided to nerf the rocket launcher. That could ruin a bunch of encounters the campaign team had designed forcing them to go back and redesign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The weapons have to be designed and balanced to work in all modes of the game though. Obviously the fine tuning of that balance is most important in Arena but it's still going to affect elsewhere.

Imagine the sandbox team was part of the MP team and halfway through development they decided to nerf the rocket launcher. That could ruin a bunch of encounters the campaign team had designed forcing them to go back and redesign.

You have what i said backwards.

i said the mp team should be a part of the sandbox team. So that weapons could be tuned to work for the whole game without red tape getting in the way.

The sandbox team should consist of representation from campaign, arena, warzone and (at least early on) hcs, imo

That way the target would be a base set of weapons that are fun to use, fair, and fun to watch.

Edit: hell theres nothing wrong with a weapon working differently against campaign AI and MP opponents in terms of damage output

Imagine letting the campaign team having any influence on how weapons function in Arena.

Dude you're wrong, the campaign is home to the most comp Halo community, the speedrun community. It's only fair they decide weapon balance   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

That could ruin a bunch of encounters the campaign team had designed forcing them to go back and redesign.

Changes in Halo 5's sandbox can be made for specific parts of the game.

In other words, 343 can balance the weapons in the Multiplayer and not affect Campaign's gameplay. Let's say the campaign folks already finished the campaign but the MP thinks they need a better utility weapon.... No problem, they can change and modify the values of the weapon separately without affecting the gameplay of the other parts of the game. That's how Halo: CE's magnum's STK (Shots to kill) is 3 shots in Multiplayer while in the campaign the shots vary depending of the difficulty.

Do you remember Halo 4 Turbo Update? Halo 4's Matchmaking was the only one affected by the update. Campaign, Spartan Ops and Custom Games with default gametypes (so dumb imo) were not affected by the update. So if they wanna balance the weapons or completely change them, they can do that without affecting the Campaign.

Maybe is not easy and maybe is a long ass process, who knows, all I know is that it was possible and 343 did it before in Halo 4. So my only question is, why not do it again then?

Changes in Halo 5's sandbox can be made for specific parts of the game.

In other words, 343 can balance the weapons in the Multiplayer and not affect Campaign's gameplay. Let's say the campaign folks already finished the campaign but the MP thinks they need a better utility weapon.... No problem, they can change and modify the values of the weapon separately without affecting the gameplay of the other parts of the game. That's how Halo: CE's magnum's STK (Shots to kill) is 3 shots in Multiplayer while in the campaign the shots vary depending of the difficulty.

Do you remember Halo 4 Turbo Update? Halo 4's Matchmaking was the only one affected by the update. Campaign, Spartan Ops and Custom Games with default gametypes were not affected by the update. So if they wanna balance the weapons or completely change them, they can do that without affecting the Campaign.

We shouldn't assume that since it worked like that in previous titles, it works like that now. I personally don't think it affects campaign but I have no realistic way of testing that (and I'm damn sure not deleting Halo 5's patches).

We shouldn't assume that since it worked like that in previous titles, it works like that now. I personally don't think it affects campaign but I have no realistic way of testing that (and I'm damn sure not deleting Halo 5's patches).

Just edited my post when you replied haha. 343 did it before with Halo 4, so is it harder in Halo 5? maybe they don't wanna do it? maybe the whole campaign/multiplayer thing is connected? Who knows, so you're absolutely right we can't assume shit yet.

I honestly think Tim Longo is a cool dude and I think he'll give us a good response with this whole topic.

I'm so glad that PS (Suspector, Spartan, Danoxide & Commonly) decided to take their team over a seed. If more and more pro players do that, we might get them to bring back Pro Player Individual Points, and do away with this nonsense of needing a seed.

Stupid that half a team from a top 3 team with one guy from a 5th place team and another from a 7th place team, has to come out of the AM Pool/Bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FaZe would be awesome, we've got nV and OpTic at the top 2, this would be great for viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 1