CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This ACPG/robox team looks amazing one game then really bad the next. Maybe just lack of practice.

to be fair that's pretty consistent with roybox teams the past year. inconsistent

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What are your guy's thoughts on Str8 Evil...Im still not sure.

Really weird that Shooter and Bubu are running with Renegade/Falcated over Contra/Devon.

Why? Less baggage and Renegade/Falcated are hungry. Contra and Devon don't seem to have that hunger. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any kind of date for a roster lock for the St. Louis tournament? I'm sure there's a deadline for team submissions but does anyone know when that is? Also I assume teams must get their shit together before that if they want to make things legit with whatever org they plan on paying under, or might we see some pro players not have an org. 

I picture 343 as having a bureaucracy and team structure out of some Kafkaesque nightmare. It seems to take months for them to accomplish anything.

Just take a nap K, you'll reach competitiveness in halo another day

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why? Less baggage and Renegade/Falcated are hungry. Contra and Devon don't seem to have that hunger.

And yet they placed higher at Vegas.

And yet they placed higher at Vegas.

Don't really recall what happened at Vegas because I'm normally sleeping at 3AM.

While, not denying their individual skill - I'm not too enthusiastic about them being on a top team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2gre's team hasn't ran since the 23rd. Disappointed, I was hoping 2gre was going to be taking this run at Worlds seriously but it's looking like he's going to only have one foot in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get why people dodge top teams like I get that getting stomped isn't fun but if you want to improve fast then the play big boys they'll force you to improve and you can find out what you need to work on.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teams dodging Optic 

Really disappointing if teams are dodging. Makes me root for Optic harder. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The last 3 minutes of the Coli Flag game looked like a whole new team for EG / Str8. They ended it w/ a triple cap in about 3 minutes after 4 minutes of deadlock

Only a very small amount of pro gamers make that much ... anyway my point, sort of an obvious point I guess, is that every pro athlete in EVERY sport (even football, baseball) should have a backup plan, might as well take part-time classes or develop other skills.

And just be to be clear, I have complete sympathy for stress that Halo players are under.  It was the condescension in your post that annoyed me ...

I re-read my original and can see how you took it that way, didn't mean for it to seem like that and I thought you were the person crane had originally quoted.

Now for some Halo discussion. I know settings have been a big point of discussion in this community and I want to ensure you guys get a chance to be heard. @@TiberiusAudley and I will be sitting down with @@SnakeBite and @@Mikwen this Monday at 6pm est to discuss settings and I know at least one person from 343 will be watching. I'll be reading twitch chat closely and make sure we discuss the things most important to this community so if you want to be a part of the conversation we'll see you then!! Hope everyone has an awesome New Years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Problems Solvers is a fun team to watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Problems Solvers is a fun team to watch. 

And they're doing really well against a practiced TL on their first night as a team. Hopefully not just honeymoon period / drop-revenge results, would love to see this team stick together and get a good org. All very entertaining personalities as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn savage! I had VT winning as a loyal ACC fan, but that was ugly for Bielma. 

OT thou. 

VT alum.

On topic: I hope the Ace/APG/Roybox roster sticks. I think they have a high ceiling if they mesh and put in the practice

• Upvote (+1) 2