CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've worked multiple full time jobs actually one of which was at a major bank, and still work full time so... not quite. If your job makes you happy and gives you the life you want, great I'm happy for you. That isn't reality for most people who are working for others; they DON'T get to spend their time how they like and corporations consistently make employees feel undervalued.

If you are really a happy person why would you "have no sympathy" for someone who is stressed out. Because you don't agree with their career choice? You see it as a hobby so everyone else should? Professional gamers make six to seven figures across the most popular titles, Halo was once one of those titles, why could it not be that once again? For you to say players should only think of it as a hobby, or a part time job is not only incredibly uninformed but also extremely condescending. Some people do indeed prefer to have their life set out for them and just follow orders, if so get a full time job. But the reality is that not everyone does and to say that those people "deserve no sympathy" because they are chasing their dream just demonstrates a complete inability to be compassionate.

Selling 40 hours a week doesn't automatically give you a "balanced" life, it just pays your bills.

Only a very small amount of pro gamers make that much ... anyway my point, sort of an obvious point I guess, is that every pro athlete in EVERY sport (even football, baseball) should have a backup plan, might as well take part-time classes or develop other skills.

And just be to be clear, I have complete sympathy for stress that Halo players are under.  It was the condescension in your post that annoyed me ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

10-6 is where it's at :glasses: :glasses:

Used to work that shift, damn I miss it. Now it's 9-6 M-F and 9-2 on Sat. Add in a 40 minute commute both ways and I've got like 2 hours a night of free time. Being an adult sucks and I'm only 20. :(
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Crane is correct. The amount of people who have regular jobs and think they can comment on what i means to be "professional talent" is staggering etc

There is so much assumption and outright bigotry in this post it makes it seem like you have some very deep seeded issues.

Hang in there bud, I'm sure you'll hit more than like 50 viewers one day. Then you can cash in those big checks you worked your ass off cause you added people to a Skype call and recorded awkward conversation. Then you can be condescending towards all us lowly 9-5'er's who hate our lives.

SMH.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

There is so much assumption and outright bigotry in this post it makes it seem like you have some very deep seeded issues.

Hang in there bud, I'm sure you'll hit more than like 50 viewers one day. Then you can cash in those big checks you worked your ass off cause you added people to a Skype call and recorded awkward conversation. Then you can be condescending towards all us lowly 9-5'er's who hate our lives.

SMH.

:holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Teabagging in real life has been a thing. Just ask LSU fans.

As an arkansas fan, i know all about asshole lsu fans

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you mean? Clearly radar, AR starts, and multiple other autos are the peak of halo's potential. If you look back to h1, h2, and h3 then you're clearly just blinded by nostalgia.

When I saw that NavG didn't write this, i got confused for a second

When I saw that NavG didn't write this, i got confused for a second

What are you implying here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Teabagging in real life has been a thing. Just ask LSU fans.

Peyton Manning has some good experience with it as well.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan forgot to mute his phone conversation and I felt like a voyeur   :simms:

Looking at some of the postgame damage stats... Does grenade damage factor into the total? Sometimes the damage seems extremely low for certain players even during big games

I think damage only gets calculated after a death. So if someone goes on a bit of a tear at the end of a game without a death, it wont show up

I think damage only gets calculated after a death. So if someone goes on a bit of a tear at the end of a game without a death, it wont show up

This is true. Mostly.

A perfection will usually show up as 0 damage or sometimes some odd small amount like 210. 

Constantly seeing players talk about other players having egos.

I wonder who they are talking about 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not me. I'm the best and I'm never wrong.

Also, I'm not a player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It must be because I watch a lot of Halo streams but it seems Halo Pros have the biggest egos compared to other esports but maybe I'm wrong.

Why is Ninja being ignored by so many people this time around?

I think there might be a general opinion that he values his streaming career over his Halo career, and that's probably hard for pros who play Halo full time. Ninja doesn't HAVE to succeed at Halo to make a living and be successful. That's not to say that he doesn't care -- he's am extremely talented and competitive player who obviously loves to win and hates to lose. But his motivations/pressures/priorities are a little different than those of other pros, I think. And why wouldn't they be? The guy has a passionate and dedicated stream following and he needs to keep it to ensure his own future. It makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2