CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

3.50 has been reported by a few people on this forum as Lethul and Ninja's split, so I'm fairly certain it is the standard split fo all people streaming to Twitch through an esports organization.

Standard is $2.50 (50% split) - Twitch makes exceptions for popular personalities as an incentive to keep using their platform. (Like there is really anywhere else to go though). 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Standard is $2.50 (50% split) - Twitch makes exceptions for popular personalities as an incentive to keep using their platform. (Like there is really anywhere else to go though).

Standard Twitch Partner and Twitch partner working through esports org are different entities.

Standard Twitch Partner and Twitch partner working through esports org are different entities.

Do you have an example of anyone with a situation like this? I would think it'd be more complicated that way since I'd assume the org would like a cut as well if they help get the better deal. And dealing with Halo players who are seasons away from switching orgs, things like that wouldn't seem very constant. Just some thoughts. 

Can we get a "STRESSFUL" emote?  

I am so stressed out reading about how stressed out eSports pros are, eating mac and cheese in their boxers sleeping until 3pm!!  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

:stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Right, so the Twitch Partner working through esports org would not be standard. The standard is $2.50, while personalities and orgs are the exception to the standard. 

Does it feel to anybody else like there is a little bit of dick-measuring via twitch partner knowledge going on right now? :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Right, so the Twitch Partner working through esports org would not be standard. The standard is $2.50, while personalities and orgs are the exception to the standard.

Yeah, we are on the same page here -- I was just confused by you quoting my post, I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi, I'm a Twitch partner through Team Liquid.

Can you go into more detail? So Commonly and Spartan get $3.5 per sub as well as the other streamers?

No, it isn't. Ad's make minimal money and if you're a small streamer and spam them you'll drive the few people that watch away. Subs don't come easy and most people who watch Halo use their subs on the top players that constantly stream, because sub costs add up. I was spending $80 a month on subs to pros before realizing that's jusy way too much. Idk where you're getting that $1500 from because like the last 7 pages have talked about, we don't have a steady income, we don't get $8 an hour just for turning on the stream and playing Halo. It would take one hell of an entertaining personality to blow up streaming wise in the Halo scene right now and unless you're including inconsistent donations then you couldn't be more wrong about your post. I agree more people should stream, but don't think turning the stream on means easy money

Thank you.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you go into more detail? So Commonly and Spartan get $3.5 per sub as well as the other streamers?

Without seeing their contract I can't say with 100% certainty, but I would be honestly shocked if there was a Halo pro player that is not making 3.50 per sub.

Disclaimer for NDA/contract-related reasons...the only reason I am talking about this is because other people who are not partnered Twitch streamers are the ones who mentioned 3.50 in the first place -- so it is technically "public knowledge" at this point.

No, it isn't. Ad's make minimal money and if you're a small streamer and spam them you'll drive the few people that watch away. Subs don't come easy and most people who watch Halo use their subs on the top players that constantly stream, because sub costs add up. I was spending $80 a month on subs to pros before realizing that's jusy way too much. Idk where you're getting that $1500 from because like the last 7 pages have talked about, we don't have a steady income, we don't get $8 an hour just for turning on the stream and playing Halo. It would take one hell of an entertaining personality to blow up streaming wise in the Halo scene right now and unless you're including inconsistent donations then you couldn't be more wrong about your post. I agree more people should stream, but don't think turning the stream on means easy money

I admit $1500 was a bit of a stretch. I believe Snakebite is a good example for where I'm coming from. His stream grew pretty quickly and he received consistent donations and got a large sub base in a relatively short amount of time. He isn't some outgoing hyper entertainer either. He's just a chill dude who answers questions and plays with subs. I think there's plenty of room for more pros to come in and see similar results.

And to the people that will inevitably mention he's on Optic, his stream was successful while on CLG as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I go back and forth, players should stream but Halo 4, MCC, and even Halo 5 aren't the most watchable games compared to the original trilogy. I'd love for top players that take it seriously to have a set streaming schedule, but it's hard to fault them after the recent titles. I get there are tourneys, but these titles didn't have the fun social atmosphere of Bungie games.

Halo struck gold at the wrong time with their titles, Youtube, Twitch (formerly JustinTV) and even major social media outlets came after the Halo series started to become the Sonic of shooters.

Seriously.  If Twitch was as popular as it is now when Halo 3 came out....

Damn.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I admit $1500 was a bit of a stretch. I believe Snakebite is a good example for where I'm coming from. His stream grew pretty quickly and he received consistent donations and got a large sub base in a relatively short amount of time. He isn't some outgoing hyper entertainer either. He's just a chill dude who answers questions and plays with subs. I think there's plenty of room for more pros to come in and see similar results.

And to the people that will inevitably mention he's on Optic, his stream was successful while on CLG as well.

CLG was still the most dominant, popular team (with the dopest skins) when his stream was becoming successful.  The org he was with and the team he was on was definitely a factor in his early success.

Nobody is arguing that more pros should stream or even that a lot of them could make some money off it.  They are arguing that you made it sound like it was super easy and doesn't take time to build an audience, which are both false 99% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody is arguing that more pros should stream or even that a lot of them could make some money off it.  They are arguing that you made it sound like it was super easy and doesn't take time to build an audience, which are both false 99% of the time.

Ending every post with Easy money didn't help him any either. As Snipedown said, Getting and keeping any significant amount of subs is harder than "talk to chat" "play some sub games".  

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG was still the most dominant, popular team (with the dopest skins) when his stream was becoming successful. The org he was with and the team he was on was definitely a factor in his early success.

Nobody is arguing that more pros should stream or even that a lot of them could make some money off it. They are arguing that you made it sound like it was super easy and doesn't take time to build an audience, which are both false 99% of the time.

I never said it doesn't take time to build an audience. I literally stated the opposite in one of my posts lol. It is easy to stream matchmaking and play with subs, interact with your chat, do giveaways to attract subs, etc.