CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was just thinking that, one of the presentational issues is that there isn't a good indication of how many players are alive and when respawns will occur.

I know nothing about scripting in forge, but i wonder if they can trick the scoreboard into giving more information. It would be neat if there was a way to show the score as = -(the shortest remaining time to spawn per team). That way players would know how quickly they would need to finish collapsing.

When the first player dies, score would show -15, and the other 3 would need to be killed before the score climbs back to 0 and someone respawns.

Best way to do it would be have each time team start with 4 points and then if you lose a player you lose a point, when they respawn you regain that point. Each team's score would be the number of players alive on their team.

Actually, the time idea is pretty good too. It would be much more difficult to do though I think. Not sure if it would be possible.

The problem is dedication, a lot of players (or even coaches now) do content for a week or so and give up after no instant success. I remember @@Spartan preaching about this and I think he's done like 2 videos top since that? Also look at @@MaNiaC, granted he's on OpTic but he has now 227k subs from grinding it out for the last year or so.

You just don't have to rely on Halo (and please don't), look how popular @@Ninja got when he started doing H1Z1.

If this is a semi-job/hobby for players then fine, but if they want to make this into an actual career you are going to have to get try a bit more. Just getting on for scrims isn't going to be enough.

Ninja has an over the top personality though. These guys are really good halo players but for the most part they are incredibly ordinary, boring people.

Just because you're a skilled player doesn't mean you have what it takes to be a popular content creator and it isn't just a matter of "grinding" out content. The content has to be creative and enjoyable.

The only other current Halo pro besides ninja that has an interesting enough personality to grow into a successful content creator imo, is Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ninja has an over the top personality though. These guys are really good halo players but for the most part are incredibly ordinary, boring people.

Just because you're a skilled player doesn't mean you have what it takes to be a popular content creator and it isn't just a matter of "grinding" out content. The content has to be creative and enjoyable.

and that's why I say to focus on school / craft if this isn't your area or desire.

With that too, you aren't going to start off having a personality like @@Ninja. Look at Nadeshot in 2011, if you have the passion for it, work at it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Like Karitoriki and CyRen said, you can make good money by streaming/YouTube ing things besides Halo. People like VLOGS for whatever reason and could help build a YouTube channel alongside gameplay and other MQ to HQ content. 

Look at @@Ninja who plays H1Z1 with a lot of success. If players like games such as CSGO or other popular games they could build an audience there. There are options. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Best way to do it would be have each time team start with 4 points and then if you lose a player you lose a point, when they respawn you regain that point. Each team's score would be the number of players alive on their team.

Actually, the time idea is pretty good too. It would be much more difficult to do though I think. Not sure if it would be possible.

We actually implemented this exact feature in a patch two night ago. :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

and that's why I say to focus on school / craft if this isn't your area or desire.

I agree. 

I think that's what they should all be doing. All of this stuff is far too tenuous to try to build a life of off. Unless you literally think that within the next 5 years you can make enough money to retire you should be making serious back up plans.

Anybody that thinks being a pro gamer isn't stressful is just wrong. Yes it's a dream job but look at the job security.

You could disappear into the distance in a instant, income gone. You can perform bad and income slashed while bills stay the same.

I work in sport, coaching and analysing. Get paid for 20 hours a week. But if I don't do 50 I'll probably get sacked as the work won't be good enough and there are loads of people looking to take my place willing to put the time in. Dream jobs don't come easy and stress free.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah i was thinking about that too, but that wouldn't really provide you with any more info than you get from just pressing the back button.

The real info they would need is how much time is left to complete the extermination.

You'd have to assign each player a variable that changes from 0 to -15 when a player dies, then increases by 1 after 1 second for 15 seconds. Then you'd have to compare the variables between each team member and set score = to the variable with the highest value !=0.

Now that i think about it it sounds really duable so long as the system is sufficiently flexible with how scoring is determined... and if you can assign variables to specific players, and if there are death triggers. i might go play with forge when i get home.

Anybody that thinks being a pro gamer isn't stressful is just wrong. Yes it's a dream job but look at the job security.

You could disappear into the distance in a instant, income gone. You can perform bad and income slashed while bills stay the same.

I work in sport, coaching and analysing. Get paid for 20 hours a week. But if I don't do 50 I'll probably get sacked as the work won't be good enough and there are loads of people looking to take my place willing to put the time in. Dream jobs don't come easy and stress free.

People aren't say there aren't stresses, let's change that narrative real quick. But when I look at people like my Grandfather who had to drop out of school at 14 to work during the depression, go to War then move across the world to North America. It puts it in perspective for me at least. I was lucky to grow up how I did, and I'm sure a lot around here are too.

Everyone has stress, but I'd be willing to be 75%+ on here would take that kind of stress.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People aren't say there aren't stresses, let's change that narrative real quick. But when I look at people like my Grandfather who had to drop out of school at 14 to work during the depression, go to War then move across the world to North America. It puts it in perspective.

Everyone has stress, but I'd be willing to be 75%+ on here would take that kind of stress.

People WERE actually saying it wasn't stressful. Then they tried to change the narrative to be this particular stressor isn't worth talking or being complained about.

There are certainly countless scenarios for which one's stress should garner much more sympathy than the life of a pro gamer. I think we can all agree on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you (for the most part). However, I think there are quite a few Halo pros out there that have interesting personalities and could succeed in content creation if they wanted to (and actually put in the effort that is typically required). 

Pro's content I'd 100% watch if they uploaded:

- Rayne

- Snakebite (gets shit for being "on the fence about the most things" or "boring", but he always strikes me as smart, funny, and sincere)

- Penguin

- Commonly 

- Danoxide (beep bop boop)

- Roy

- Lethul

Ninja has an over the top personality though. These guys are really good halo players but for the most part they are incredibly ordinary, boring people.

The only other current Halo pro besides ninja that has an interesting enough personality to grow into a successful content creator imo, is Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People aren't say there aren't stresses, let's change that narrative real quick. But when I look at people like my Grandfather who had to drop out of school at 14 to work during the depression, go to War then move across the world to North America. It puts it in perspective for me at least. I was lucky to grow up how I did, and I'm sure a lot around here are too.

Stress is relative though. Oddly enough people who are placed in incredibly stressful situations throughout life can actually feel less stressed as they've learned to build up resiliency skills. Where as someone who faces little to no "stressful" situations can actual feel more stressed out or be more prone to developing anxiety as they've never built up resiliency skills. They don't know how to deal with anything.

The moral of the story is just that people shouldn't judge others so quickly because everyone experiences life in different ways and everyone can handle different levels of stress and hardship.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any job that pays out based on your sole performance (or of those on your 'team') week-to-week or month-to-month is stressful. Look at commission-based jobs like sales or insurance. Just comes with the territory. Obviously there are a lot of bonuses sewn into each position for doing well, but there still are a lot of uncertainties that can pile up when you enter a rut. It's a similar story for poker players, too.

-Ghost

really happy to see you more around here in the recent time, hope the !team command is no joke <3

The UI changes might actually be possible, and Steitzer already says Extermination at the beginning of the game. :)

That's pretty dope. Now let's put it into MM

They don't even need to be entertaining. They can just answer questions in chat and play with subs. It is easy money.

If you think someone will pay $5 per month to maybe squeeze in a game or 2 with a pro, and continue on subbing month over month without the streamer being entertaining, by all means carry on with your day. How many subs does Lethul have and that with Green wall support? Sparty is another good example of someone starting off fresh. He has been streaming for quite some time and while he's entertaining, still only has 330 subs. You won't see $1500/mo from streaming in H5 unless you either have Green wall or you have already built up a following over years of streaming it. Easy money smh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love when pros say they are going to start uploading regular content. Then we have to wait months to see their next video.

Props to Towey, Ryanoob and Ninja for constantly getting some content out there.

Seriously, Ryanoob is the best. Not even currently on a pro team and churning out so many videos. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can we please stop talking about stress, its really not interesting. Ace's twitter is an outlet for his thoughts and feelings. Just because somebody tweets something, doesn't mean its necessarily ok for it to be placed under a microscope for in-depth armchair analysis.

Different people react differently to different things, yes. That's really all the past couple pages have been about. It'd be nice to stop picking on one particular tweet and instead maybe talk about potential Worlds format changes? I'm pleased they brought back double elim but I really hope they don't do what they did last year and devote a whole day to the grand finals. Very anti climatic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone having to choose between a blue or a red Lambo can feel the same amount of stress as you trying to figure out how you're going to pay your rent next month, it's all relative.

I'm sure 75%+ on here would take the stress of the guy that have to choose between Lamborghinis and that's because we've never lived that life, so to us it less stressful.

Someone having to choose between a blue or a red Lambo can feel the same amount of stress as you trying to figure out how you're going to pay your rent next month, it's all relative.

I'm sure 75%+ on here would take the stress of the guy that have to choose between Lamborghinis and that's because we've never lived that life, so to us it less stressful.

"Stress"  :simms:

dtW2nGz.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love when pros say they are going to start uploading regular content. Then we have to wait months to see their next video.

Props to Towey, Ryanoob and Ninja for constantly getting some content out there.

Towey is the best Halo content creator at the moment  :D

• Upvote (+1) 2