CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When someones been in Vegas twice in the last month, and from following his twitter can tell is on vacation almost half the time, it's understandable for people to not want to hear about how "stressed" he is.

So people who go on vacation can't talk about the stress of insecurity?

That's such a strange sentiment.

I know people who lost $100k+ jobs, their homes, and comfy lives when their companies lost contracts. Imagine how they felt when they first heard contract renegotiations weren't going well. Stressed.

The reality that hardship can be right around the corner is stressful. Period. Regardless of your current financial status.

Just because you don't want to hear about it doesn't mean it isn't valid.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So people who go on vacation can't talk about the stress of insecurity?

That's such a strange sentiment.

I know people who lost $100k+ jobs, their homes, and comfy lives when their companies lost contracts. Imagine how they felt when they first heard contract renegotiations weren't going well. Stressed.

The reality that hardship can be right around the corner is stressful. Period.

So i guess everyone should be stressed in your mind. Consider me stressed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Everybody's stress in their own respective lives is only compared to previous levels of stress. Ace has only his life stress to go off and if this is high compared to whatever he's previously experienced then he can say it's stressful for him. I'm sure an astronauts stress level is higher than any of ours while they're in outer space, but that doesn't mean that we don't have stress

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just because someone has a blessed opportunity doesn't mean they can't be stressed. They have bills to pay and personal responsibilities, just like anyone else. not knowing when/if that next check will come is stressful.

Putting countless hours into something without knowing if it will pay off is stressful. Especially when that time could have been put towards training for something with more certainty.

It's weird to have to explain that to someone who grew up in poverty.

It's okay to be stressed, but don't complain about it. Also, all I said is that I don't feel any sympathy. It's okay to be stressed. 

Did this on mobile so apologies if messed up. If it helps you identify better, I did too as well. Helps you grow up faster imo, and mentally strong, not that people who grow up blessed aren't but imo just speeds up the process of maturing so you can literally not die

Indeed, I never meant it in a rude way. Everyone has their own life experiences. 

TIL you're only allowed to be stressed if you are broke/unfortuante/etc

No, anyone can be stressed. My main point of contention was the complaining. 

@@LethuL I understand that fully - we all have our own stresses, but Ace was projecting it to the world with twitter. He made that statement for a reason. All I said was that I have no sympathy for his stress.

Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, I don't know based on the responses I'm getting. 

I've been a fan of Halo/pro scene since the very beginning and love it a lot obviously and understand the stress involved. Just don't think it needs to be projected. 

Apparently my perspective is too obtuse, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So i guess everyone should be stressed in your mind. Consider me stressed.

When did i say everyone should be stressed?

Anyone CAN find themselves in stressful situations. Not having job security is stressful, whether you are well off or broke.

You'd be hardpressed to find a person who is completely care free while being out of a job and having trouble finding a new one... even if they recently went on vacation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did i say everyone should be stressed?

Anyone CAN find themselves in stressful situations. Not having job security is stressful, whether you are well off or broke.

You'd be hardpressed to find a person who is completely care free while being out of a job and having trouble finding a new one... even if they recently went on vacation.

Anyone can be stressed and that's fine. But if you do it to yourself, I have no sympathy nor do I want to hear you complain about it. In Ace's case, if he had any shot of being jobless in the near future/not having money to cover a stretch of unemployment, he shouldn't be going on multiple vacations(especially to Vegas of all places). Also, he had a forsure team lined up with Spartan and decided he still wanted to try out others, it's again a situation he made for himself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's okay to be stressed, but don't complain about it. Also, all I said is that I don't feel any sympathy. It's okay to be stressed.

Indeed, I never meant it in a rude way. Everyone has their own life experiences.

No, anyone can be stressed. My main point of contention was the complaining.

@@LethuL I understand that fully - we all have our own stresses, but Ace was projecting it to the world with twitter. He made that statement for a reason. All I said was that I have no sympathy for his stress.

Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, I don't know based on the responses I'm getting.

I've been a fan of Halo/pro scene since the very beginning and love it a lot obviously and understand the stress involved. Just don't think it needs to be projected.

Apparently my perspective is too obtuse, though.

It was a pretty patronizing comment, in which clearly implied that the life of a halo pro CANNOT meet the definition of stressful. If you aren't trying to be rude you did a great job of it.

Oh poor child of Summer thinking that being a professional Halo player is stressful. I won't get into what stress is, but no Halo player can complain about stress.

I actually have ZERO sympathy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone can be stressed and that's fine. But if you do it to yourself, I have no sympathy nor do I want to hear you complain about it. In Ace's case, if he had any shot of being jobless in the near future/not having money to cover a stretch of unemployment, he shouldn't be going on multiple vacations(especially to Vegas of all places). Also, he had a forsure team lined up with Spartan and decided he still wanted to try out others, it's again a situation he made for himself.

What you have sympathy for or 'want to hear' is a completely different conversation from what is/isnt stressful.

If you are implying that self-imposed misfortune is not stressful, then you are still wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was a pretty patronizing comment, in which clearly implied that the life of a halo pro CANNOT meet the definition of stressful. If you aren't trying to be rude you did a great job of it.

The reason I love this forum is because no one is super sensitive here (and it's not moderated like crazy). Maybe I was a bit abrasive. 

My bad if so. 

@@LethuL and TB is my little outlet for venting sometimes  :simms:

Moving on, gentlemen, did Danoxide leave Spartan? 

The reason I love this forum is because no one is super sensitive here (and it's not moderated like crazy). Maybe I was a bit abrasive.

My bad if so.

Ok, but whether or not something is rude isn't determined by how sensitive the recipient is. I doubt your comment hurt anyones feelings... but it was still ignorant. That's all.

I love you anyway (nice to meet you,I'm a forum God )

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, but whether or not something is rude isn't determined by how sensitive the recipient is. I doubt your comment hurt anyones feelings... but it was still ignorant. That's all.

I love you anyway (nice to meet you,I'm a forum God )

kFhrPER.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why is Ninja being ignored by so many people this time around?

Seems to be a common theme amongst pros that nobody wants to team with him. He's been running with El town and saipan, not sure of a 4th.

You guys literally can't take a joke. Blain is a person always in my stream I am cool with him. Y'all are so weird I swear

As someone who has been on the receiving end of multiple internet-fueled PR shitstorms, you should know that you always need to qualify your statements properly.

In internet communication (as dumb as this sounds) acronyms and emojis are important for conveying the emotion behind the message.  If that was in fact a "joke", i would expect something like this to make that apparent.  Its internet 101, c'mon. At this point, nobody should have to tell you this...

When have you ever apologized for anything?  Instead we see you say stupid shit like, "well since Stellur screwed over our team" which everybody knows is not true.  When you get caught in a lie, you double down.  Its embarrassing and exhausting.

just stop.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He only does better when that happens. I look forward to see all the rosters for the beginning of the season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Too much H1Z1  :kappa:  (honestly i dont give a shit how much of that he plays.   :cash:  :cash: )

I think its more that he hasn't been around to run with people and a lot of AMs seem to be getting chances right now as well.

Seems to be a common theme amongst pros that nobody wants to team with him. He's been running with El town and saipan, not sure of a 4th.

Yeah, I'm wondering why the other pros aren't interested. 

He was playing with Trippey for a while last night.