CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really hope Str8 RIppin and EG are intact as far as being Halo orgs. Loved the EG house and Up to Speed with my fav Coach Towey. 

Also someone said that no one has copied OpTic's Vision but that's not true: 

Evil Geniuses Up to Speed

Allegiance The Pledge

orgs outside Halo do it as well like Astralis 'To the Stars'

Though I do agree more organizations should have more HQ content like VISION. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9kx0jRD.png

AMZj6mW.png

life comes at you fast

I've said it before, but the vast majority of professional Halo players should be under no foolish delusion that they are "making a living" off of Halo at this point in it's lifespan. The prize money is top-heavy and significant amounts are few/far between. If you are banking on Halo as a "career" and not planning for the actual future, you are not thinking straight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

are suspector + danoxide + spartan + commonly still a team? or has the rostermania destroyed them already despite spartan's assurances that this is their 100% t04 going forward

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja took to long to get in on the rostermania this time around but I think he'll get on a team in time for the 2nd LAN since I highly doubt all these squads are going to stick together. (excluding OG/NV obviously)

Ninja took to long to get in on the rostermania this time around but I think he'll get on a team in time for the 2nd LAN since I highly doubt all these squads are going to stick together. (excluding OG/NV obviously)

i thought rosters would lock since there's an online qualifier (during the season?) as well. i honestly dont know though. there needs to be more transparency with this this shit

it took quite awhile for all of the members of nV to find the right pieces to make a champion. 

i'm not saying that roybox are going to create a championship team, but there's got to be some middle ground between that and calling them "washed" right?

It's Halo there is no in between. You're either trash or a god. :kappa:

As a lifelong Instinct/EG/Roybox fan I'm at least mildly curious as to what would happen if they split and tested the free agent market.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Settings discussion incoming

I feel like the biggest priority at the moment should be getting rid of AR starts, and maybe placing two of them on the map instead. I can't think of a better way to get rid of so many potential reversals or a better way to reduce the gap between players with good gunskill vs. players with great gunskill. I wish we'd hear more talk about pistol only starts.

This next part is unrelated, but if you guys had the option to only be able to eat 3 meals for the rest of your life, or choose what you want to eat but one meal per month has to be a poop sandwich, which would you choose?

• Upvote (+1) 6

As a lifelong Instinct/EG/Roybox fan I'm at least mildly curious as to what would happen if they split and tested the free agent market.

Not a jab at you specifically but I don't understand why the idea of RoyBox splitting up gets brought up as often as it does. Roy has stated frequently that he wouldn't team without Lunch and that when Lunch is done competing so is he.

Not surprised to see Cratos teamless

He always said he only teams with his friends  :kappa:

Cratos no-lifed the game in the first few months, got the luckiest bracket in history at HWC 2016, and is now like the 30th best H5 player ... if he ends up on a team or not, either way his story is ending soon

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This next part is unrelated, but if you guys had the option to only be able to eat 3 meals for the rest of your life, or choose what you want to eat but one meal per month has to be a poop sandwich, which would you choose?

Terry-Crews-WTF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

your shit posts reference shit sandwiches now? too meta for me

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's not a ghost melee, actually. His lunge got intercepted by the ledge in a weird way. It happens.

This is wonky though.

Cratos no-lifed the game in the first few months, got the luckiest bracket in history at HWC 2016, and is now like the 30th best H5 player ... if he ends up on a team or not, either way his story is ending soon

Huke also left him after Summer Season.

Whether you want to call that and E6's time in Fall Relegations a correlation is up to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice to see Snipedown streaming extermination. Where's that destroyer guy who claimed it would play slow and campy lmao what a joke

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nice to see Snipedown streaming extermination. Where's that destroyer guy who claimed it would play slow and campy lmao what a joke

Oh come on we have no idea what it would play like or how the meta would develop lol 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not a jab at you specifically but I don't understand why the idea of RoyBox splitting up gets brought up as often as it does. Roy has stated frequently that he wouldn't team without Lunch and that when Lunch is done competing so is he.

I don't think either of them are washed, I'd just like to see the amount of interest they'd generate as free agents rather than as a team of two. I'd say there's a decent chance they'd both end up in a better spot.

Oh come on we have no idea what it would play like or how the meta would develop lol 

You have to play super fast once you have picks, so that's a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You have to play super fast once you have picks, so that's a good thing.

You'd think that would be common sense given the whole concept of Extermination.