CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When I used to watch CoD scrims, a lot of the players seemed to be friends and play "Money 8's" together with random teams and they all spoke and got along. I don't really like the CoD culture, but I found that aspect to be very different from Halo. When I watch Halo scrims I rarely hear positivity and I don't see many money 8's happening ever.

Pro Halo has always had a weird elitist culture that has never been justified.

I agree with almost all of your post, but you could make the argument that it was kinda justified in 2007-2010, but that's about it.

9kx0jRD.png

AMZj6mW.png

life comes at you fast

I never got why that original Cratos post was so downvoted. Sure, the first part of it was pretty haughty, but the second was equally hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never got why that original Cratos post was so downvoted. Sure, the first part of it was pretty haughty, but the second was equally hilarious.

People need to like you before they like your jokes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You'd think the CoD Pro's would be like that as they actually have something to have an ego about (raking in money from YouTube channels and huge social media followings)

Yea idk its a weird dynamic. The CoD pros are definitely more "together" (if thats the right word) than the halo pros

• Upvote (+1) 1

AMZj6mW.png

It's because of people like you, Cratos, that you don't have a job.

Relevant:

People need to like you before they like your jokes. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I used to watch CoD scrims, a lot of the players seemed to be friends and play "Money 8's" together with random teams and they all spoke and got along. I don't really like the CoD culture, but I found that aspect to be very different from Halo. When I watch Halo scrims I rarely hear positivity and I don't see many money 8's happening ever. 

Pro Halo has always had a weird elitist culture that has never been justified.

Money 8s used to happen all the time back in H2A/MCC. That's where Frosty and Unlegit got their in with the pros. I think a reason we don't see that as much in H5 is because I don't think a lot of pros truly enjoy this game as much as previous Halos.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Money 8s used to happen all the time back in H2A/MCC. That's where Frosty and Unlegit got their in with the pros. I think a reason we don't see that as much in H5 is because I don't think a lot of pros truly enjoy this game as much as previous Halos.

We saw it a lot when H5 first came out, it dropped significantly after Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is a big factor. Infinite Warfare had butchered CoD pro's enjoyment. They all play CoD4RM SnD's.

How hard is it to show respect to the people around you? Being a dick in the entertainment esport business with an audience around 30k is not a good idea. I hope Cratos realize that. Maybe he tried to be some kind of a bad boy of Halo but ffs...

Cratos doesn't have the right to behave the way he did/does and then complain about his job because of a meme.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I never even know what to think. I can't decide if hes actually just really emotional or if its like the next level of self aware trolling

So is cratos really a douche or does he just play the role of one?

He'll probably join the likes of Ryanoob & Randa, as in dropping down to the amateur scene. I don't see him & a lot of established players making it back to the pro scene again.

Most of what Cratos has 'done wrong' is just childish shit that I really could not care enough about to get mad. If you don't find someone saying they play the "big guy in my tv screen" for 200k a year funny then I don't know what you would find funny.

Cratos is all sorts of hilariously obnoxious and arrogant but he's also got the gall to stand toe to toe with literal Halo Gods and even sometimes come out on top. Esports would be pretty bland without antagonists and I feel we would certainly be missing something without Cratos in H5.

Cratos is not the antagonist we deserved but the one we needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most of what Cratos has 'done wrong' is just childish shit that I really could not care enough about to get mad. If you don't find someone saying they play the "big guy in my tv screen" for 200k a year funny then I don't know what you would find funny.

Cratos is all sorts of hilariously obnoxious and arrogant but he's also got the gall to stand toe to toe with literal Halo Gods and even sometimes come out on top. Esports would be pretty bland without antagonists and I feel we would certainly be missing something without Cratos in H5.

Cratos has served the role of the antagonist for Halo, I won't take that away from him, it has done a ton for our scene's storylines, but there is a clear difference between an antagonist and someone who is impulsive and immature.

Aches in Call of Duty, Leffen in Smash Melee, and more are all examples of smart people who aren't afraid to put their money where their mouth is when combatting other players or the very game/developer itself.

However, if one's smack talk devolves into unnecessary insults or unintelligent rambling, then that isn't something we should want for our scene.

Edit: I won't argue with @@FrankieFourShot though. Cratos straight up earned his impressive standings and placements, and has definitely profited off of Halo than most other professional players, so a genuine hats off to him for that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i love cratos  :(

guy mixes things up and helps keep the scene interesting

he is also a better player than people give him credit for

People say he is trash and such but he finished second at Worlds and 2nd on Summer Finals, I'm not the biggest fan of Cratos but I got to admit I'm glad he is around since he spiced up the scene and having someone who talks trash and is good at the game it's something that gets people salty.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1